what are you eating today?

soepom

Oh dear. My friends took me to Montreal this weekend for my bachelor party and we did dinner at Pied De Cochon. It exceeded all of my expectations, but we were all too drunk to think of taking pictures.

Highlights were the foie gras poutine, duck carpacio, pig's head and duck in a can. I was surprised at how awesome the pig's head was - it came lined with PDC mashed potatoes (potatoes mixed w/ cheese curds) and roasted scallops.

Oh dear. My friends took me to Montreal this weekend for my bachelor party and we did dinner at Pied De Cochon. It exceeded all of my expectations, but we were all too drunk to think of taking pictures.

Highlights were the foie gras poutine, duck carpacio, pig's head and duck in a can. I was surprised at how awesome the pig's head was - it came lined with PDC mashed potatoes (potatoes mixed w/ cheese curds) and roasted scallops.

yeahhhh a couple of friends and i are going in a couple weeks. it's somewhere i've wanted to go for a really long time, i love martin picard and everything to do with eating pigs

i'm about to try making some fish tacos, i'm excited

yeahhhh a couple of friends and i are going in a couple weeks. it's somewhere i've wanted to go for a really long time, i love martin picard and everything to do with eating pigs

i'm about to try making some fish tacos, i'm excited

Do it. It's the most unique restaurant experience I've had in my life. Fuck David Chang, fuck every french technique wielding chef in NYC or SF, this is truely original. Great spot with awesome service too.

Grill em All truck - Blue cheer burger... blue cheese, cranberry gastrique (sp?), and munchos chips.... pretty good.... my friend had the Witte burger, I forget what was in it but I liked it better... And there fryer wasnt working so no sides :/ nice guys tho..

73027_1544777911259_1589346757_1254069_3373015_n.jpg

orange chicken and fried rice ... was as good as it looks :-/

5124675803_a4c9a24b2b_o.jpg

burrito bros is a weekly thing for me..

5124668779_bc5fdbae4e_o.jpg

stoner snack

5124673065_c4b5dde8de_o.jpg

burrito bowl from chipotle.. chipotle is my guilty pleasure for sure

5125278130_05b96b01dd_z.jpg

one of my favorite local spots (ive posted quite a few meals from here); the jones. all local organic goodness

bean and veggie burrito with potato soup .. weird combo but was dank of course

5125273386_8f16dee091_b.jpg

really tasty sandwich; piquant peppers, feta cheese, cucumbers, lettuce, tomatoes, onions and cilantro jalapeno hummus

5124672913_a08d211817_o.jpg

Relatively new noodle spot called Twisted Noodles in Sydney's Chinatown. This was unbelievably tasty (and I eat a lot of Asian food cos I'm Asian on the inside). You choose your chilli level and sourness from Mild to Extreme. I'm a chilli fiend but I couldn't believe how hot the medium was. Gonna have exit wounds for sure.

photolr.jpg

121s6k1.jpg

Oktoberfest at work

bratwurst

sauerkraut

sauteed onions

pickles

beets with apples (surprisingly good)

pretzel x hot mustard and bavarian mustard

apple strudel

itisssss

World's quickest and most ghetto "fried rice"

5129113420_3a5eda540b_b.jpg

Half an onion cut up, a bunch of kimchi, some leftover hot peppers pickled in olive oil, a bunch of korean black bean banchan, and two raw eggs, into the rice cooker with about 25% additional water than I would normally use with this much haiga rice. Quick, almost no preparation, healthy and yummy

yo fallen, i'm guessing you speak dat mandarin? how easy would it be white boy to travel round shanghai? considering the train from hong kong, april next year. those xiao long bao only increase my desire.

Actually it would be quite easy for a foreigner to get around SH with just English. All streets have english signs, all subway stations use english signs and names, and a lot restaurants have english on their menus (or at least a lot of pictures). Shanghai really caters to tourists, there are a few nicer areas where most customers are tourists and expats, so all the people who work there or at other major stores speak basic Engrish. However, it would be hard to get around some of the very "local" spots (such as where I ate those xlb's) without mandarin.

April is a great time to be in Shanghai, ideal weather conditions. If you go, try finding a bar that foreigners go to (like Blue Frog) to pick up the free magazines they have there. These magazines are weekly publications written in English and have full rundowns on things going on that week, restaurants, parties, events, activities, shops, museums, shows, spas, etc. If you needed some recommendations, i could shoot some to you as well.

recent eats from the past few days

philly from phillys best

IMG_1401.jpg

fries

IMG_1402.jpg

shakeys buffet... had more plates but too busy eating lol

IMG_1404.jpg

frozen pizza (forgot the brand but it was bomb)

IMG_1407.jpg

brisket sandwich with sides

IMG_1422.jpg

inside the sandwich

IMG_1421.jpg

then today... i was off so i started my day off like this

photo-30.jpg

then i fried some of the brisket threw in some bbq sauce my dad made oh and a lot of cole slaw... so bomb!

IMG_1428.jpg