what are you eating today?

soepom

i think i need to get out and try more pho, but the pho bo from this local Vietnamese restaurant is incredible. In my naive opinion, of course..

california 1

singapore 0

:(

unfortunately when we put it into perspective, the same comparisons with sushi, burgers, pasta, pizza, everything thats not south east asian would lead it to being

cali 4324

singapore 0

although sushi might be a close call.

BUT WE HAVE CHICKEN RICE SO FUCK Y"ALL.

^ i can't picture any of the complex/mismatched flavors and textures that the pussy boi listed tasting good inside of a fucking roasted pig. its too much. all the fats and juices mixing w/ that? simplicity is key sometimes.

Too true. Even Ferran Adria says he prefers an excellent tomato rather than caviar. Speaking of which he's coming to Sydney in October!

Oh that is beautiful. How was it?

whizkit: that laksa looks mad spicy and more oily that what I usually see/eat

My favorite laksa in singapore, just rice noodles, cockles, fish cake and gravy. Mildly spicy (relatively), so the flavour of every ingredient can still be tasted.

azn8oi - post those pics that you took in sg.

80% of the pics are on your side, mr. kit. but:

zhenzhenporridge.jpg

Porridge from 真真 in Maxwell's. Fucking heavenly. This is the 2nd best thing I ate in Singapore, after Foie Gras.

tiantianchickenrice.jpg

tiantianveg.jpg

tiantianchicken.jpg

tiantian.jpg

One of the best chicken rice in Singapore. It's the one Anthony Bourdaine went to. It blows Savoy (best chicken rice in LA) away. Very nice.

indobbq.jpg

indoomelette.jpg

Random Indonesian lunch with whizkit. The bbq chicken kebobs were fucking amazing. They were completely moist, yet carried the PERFECT charred smoky flavor. Everything else was ok.

laupasatsatay.jpg

10PM street satay. It was alright.

heh whizkit's turn.

late lunch

2817924956_36c218e82e_o.jpg

truffle ravioli

2817925538_58b9869d20_o.jpg

jupiter

Parfait Manjari, exotic caramel and pecan nut nougatine on a flourless chocolate sponge with exotic coulis.

2817926190_b0ec636f23_o.jpg

black forest crepe

post lunch with soepom

2817927340_818d8aeb97_o.jpg

milk te, barley water and Milo Dinosaur (ice Milo with an additional scoop of Milo powder)

2817077659_0887aaf0e2_o.jpg

otah (spicy fish paste) toast

dinner for 2

2817078699_2ebc01dcbb_o.jpg

chilli crab

2817929636_b08c897133_o.jpg

deep fried buns

2817930658_dec5a36edb_o.jpg

black pepper crab (but it wasn't so nice)

2817930894_0d63a36b6a_o.jpg

my shirt had some crab too

2817080433_0a0afb261b_o.jpg

azn8oi escaped unscathed, almost, cos he wore a jacket.

There were other random things we ate but no vis...

isn't sushi supposed to be raw.. not seared foie gras

it's sashimi that's raw, and it's just raw fish/seafood without rice. sushi can have cooked things on it, like tamago, or lightly seared like aburi salmon.

but yeah the foie gras wouldn't even sit on the sushi properly, so whatever. however the foie gras was really good on its own indeed. contrary (the rare occasion) to whizkit, i liked it with the apricot. :)

tiantianchickenrice.jpg

One of the best chicken rice in Singapore. It's the one Anthony Bourdaine went to. It blows Savoy (best chicken rice in LA) away. Very nice.

Looks great. Must say though, I think Savoy is just alright. It's nowhere near my parent's chicken rice. Should visit Singapore one day. The food there looks fantastic...maybe except for the pho.