~~~___it's True! Toronto Ls Is Coming!!!!!! Pics!___~~~

soulize

UPDATE April 22nd, 2007:

Skam wants to clarify to the heads waiting for Livestock to open, in confusion with all the parties going on for Livestock and it's opening.

Neil Armstrong will be here again for the May 3rd party, Livestock jumpoff celebration.

The store itself has no confirmed date for grand opening, but it will be mid May for sure.

Then another Livestock x Roundtable party in late May to get things poppin'.

Don't shoot the messenger *hint to anybody that may be reading this and catch feelings.

END UPDATE.

So I stopped by to check my dude Skam today, took flicks of the temporary window get-up and the progress.

Construction and renovations for the building (which is on Spadina, just north of Adelaide, beside the two banks on the west side), and the floorplan is looking great! Alot of thought and great ideas went into planning the store, materials and displays out, it's gonna look amazing IMO.

Watch for LS to open in Spring, thinking around April-May, will keep you posted on the date and I'm sure heavy promo and street team propanganda will start to circulate.

Here's pics of the window sign to let Toronto know what's up!

237420417.jpg

^Dude broke his neck when he saw the LS throwup!

237420398.jpg

^Not a photoshop, people!

237420412.jpg

Props to Skam and Livestock team for doing the damn thang!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt Skam is looking to hire, but you can hand in your resume when they open or if you know him...

Brands...Nike, Jordan LS, Alife, Adidas, New Balance, BBC, Stussy, Vans etc...

http://deadstock.ca/ is Livestock's site, they have their stock on there for their Vancouver location.

And guys, LS is literally within 2 minutes walking distance of GDFT Toronto...

Guest StuckOnStupid
It's also hurting for more customers willing to pay $ for product

exactly. despite what you might want to believe, toronto is not exactly a fashion forward market. its a very small niche for shit like this. now i hear a flight club TO is in the works? we will soon see, i suppose. lotta cats in SBs and allover sweaters gonna be standing in the soup line..

^Ripping kids off isn't completely fair, come on GDFT has done so much more good than bad...the kind of heat they bring to the community and amounts, it doesn't pay for itself, and like any other business in Canada, doing business in a market where cross the border transactions are costly, taxes, customs, transit, etc...

Just look at your local Champs/FL retails compared to USA...

220 for V's here, 140 for them in USA? It's the market moreso than the actual cats.

When it comes to pricing on some product though, they know their shit and price it according to market value, but that is only on certain heat and rare import/trade shit, sometimes to discourage resellers.

Hmmmm...

I don't know what to think about this...I'm arguing with myself whether i should bash it or applaud it.

Good for Toronto, or maybe will be good for Livestock? maybe both.

i know most ppl applauding are also the one bashing the scene being blown up saying lames can get access to rare kicks and all..............hahaha we'll see how this goes. Da Zone and GDFT co-existed so I'm sure theres room for LS and altho Skam is co-owner but it's still fully backed by LS Vancouver right?

on another note, a question to the VanCity SuFu-er, how is GDFT doing in VanCity? if it's doing fine there im sure LS will do fine here as well. Probably LS recognized the success of GDFTs expansion to the west that influecned them to come over here to the east.

on another note, a question to the VanCity SuFu-er, how is GDFT doing in VanCity? if it's doing fine there im sure LS will do fine here as well. Probably LS recognized the success of GDFTs expansion to the west that influecned them to come over here to the east.

I'm not sure how they're doing financially, but the selection has been getting progressively worse since they opened. And considering they just restocked it's really sad. They're probably doing just fine though and I simply have a different taste from the sneakerheads around here... surprise, surprise.

this IS good news. i've ordered from them before, and thought that was fantastic (great service, fair prices, and nice not to have to order from outside the country!). they have stocked some decent adidas and vans (much better selection of vans than i've seen at UO). now having one within walking distance will be even better!

Skam originally took time off because he needed it, and he was planning on going away to Japan to be with his wifey for a few months...

But LS approached him about this and he had to postpone those plans, it wasn't that he jumped ship because of LS, it was just perfect timing.