daft punk

asuzano

They dont just play their records..they used to do live DJ sets/remixes when the preformed in the Homework days. Their Coachella concert was definitely prerecorded and mixed and then i think they just controlled various aspects of playback via Midis or MixPads.

The concert at Coachella was unbeilievable. I went almost 2 hours early to get up as close as possible. I ended up sardined 15 ft from the stage, but things loosened up once they started playing.

I for one am extremely excited to see them July 21 in LA at the Sports Arena. Hopefully theyll "play" a different mix of their music or possibly new material.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

daft punk deserve all their acclaim based solely on the fact that Thomas Bangalter is in daft punk, and thomas bangalter is responsible for a little ditty called 'what to do' which is monstrously good.

everything else amazing that they've done as a group is like icing on a hot french girl's sweaty post-club vagina.

ok, i used to think the same thing!!! but i was so wrong!!! when Daft Punk got popular in the late 90s, many of my friends got into them, but i always refused to hear anything from them and always said they sucked, because well, they had videos playing constantly on tv, no respectable/good band would have videos playing all the time on MTV. so for years, i stayed in my stupid state of mind that Daft Punk was some kind of pop electronic band like Moby and that they sucked. anyway, i don't know why but recently, i've DL their records and put them on my Ipod and realized how wrong i was all this time, Daft Punk is really good, not to mention that their live show looks awesome. August 7 they'll be in MTL, i'll be there for sure...

Got my ticket, I'm pretty excited about seing them and opening act Sebastian. Are you going to the Ed Banger party next saturday?

of course, seeing Justice is gonna be awesome. DJ Mehdi is pretty good also. you going also?

Yeah, Presets on wednesday (at le petit campus!!) and Ed Banger party on saturday.

Yeah, Presets on wednesday (at le petit campus!!) and Ed Banger party on saturday.

i'm still unsure about Presets, i have like the most important interview on wednesday so i'm not sure if i want to go out and see a show and come back late, a real shame since they changed the interview date last friday (was suppose to be on tuesday). the interview is at 12 and i live on prince-arthur so i'll probably end up being convinced by my friends though... guess i'll see you there, le petit campus is so small...

i'm still unsure about Presets, i have like the most important interview on wednesday so i'm not sure if i want to go out and see a show and come back late, a real shame since they changed the interview date last friday (was suppose to be on tuesday). the interview is at 12 and i live on prince-arthur so i'll probably end up being convinced by my friends though... guess i'll see you there, le petit campus is so small...

Haha, yeah don't hesitate to say hi.

I got my tickets for their July 29th performance in Seattle, I'm pretty fucking excited.

Kavinsky is awesome, he's like Daft Punk in the 80's, good stuff.

The Rapture is good too, just kinda strange that they're playing imo, don't really fit the bill.

the only thing I'm worried? disappointed? about is the fact that every live performance I've heard of them recently is basically the same thing again and again, it sounds pre-recorded and mixed and it varies very little.

I'm hoping they change shit up for their upcoming tour and especially throw in some more Homework material.

Who knows what they'll do though, they're fucking Daft Punk.

Presets? In Montreal? You french always get the best bands.

since Ninja Tunes decided to have their NA headquarters in Montreal in the late 90s, we have been quite lucky in terms of electronic shows (of all electronic genres). however, in terms of hip-hop concerts, we live in the probably one of the worst city in north america. i can't count how many times some mc of group i liked had a tour, didn't stop in montreal, but stopped in Ottawa or even worst, Burlington Vermont (a city of like 80 000 ppl). so in the end, it's kind of even...

since Ninja Tunes decided to have their NA headquarters in Montreal in the late 90s, we have been quite lucky in terms of electronic shows (of all electronic genres). however, in terms of hip-hop concerts, we live in the probably one of the worst city in north america. i can't count how many times some mc of group i liked had a tour, didn't stop in montreal, but stopped in Ottawa or even worst, Burlington Vermont (a city of like 80 000 ppl). so in the end, it's kind of even...

I don't listen to much hip hop but like to go to electro and indie shows so the Montréal scene is pretty ideal for me. Free classical outdoor concerts at the Parc Lafontaine are great too.

BTW did you end up going to the Presets show? It was hipstercentral but I have to admit the crowd was upbeat and really added to the whole atmosphere; as usual I got my ass grabbed by drunk, giggling 15 y. olds. For some reason little girls are really into me, maybe I should try pedophilia, heard it's a load of fun....

I don't listen to much hip hop but like to go to electro and indie shows so the Montréal scene is pretty ideal for me. Free classical outdoor concerts at the Parc Lafontaine are great too.

BTW did you end up going to the Presets show? It was hipstercentral but I have to admit the crowd was upbeat and really added to the whole atmosphere; as usual I got my ass grabbed by drunk, giggling 15 y. olds. For some reason little girls are really into me, maybe I should try pedophilia, heard it's a load of fun....

i ended up going but i got there like 10 min before the Presets played. was a cool show overall, a little short, but the atmosphere was quite good. i don't remember seing that many ppl with stupid bandanas though... i don't think i saw you, but i guess since i got in right before the show, i didn't really try to look during it. funny thing about 15 y. old girls, those 2 annoying real young girls kept asking me to give them my hat and let's just say there were a little persistent, my gf didn't appreciate so much...

• 2 months later...