Sign in to follow this  
Dimman

malaysia :: kuala lumpur :: general

Djing the Escape:NYE event in KL with Pete Tong, Marco V and DJ Cash Money. Can't promise guest list for this one, but will certainly try for any Superfuturians in KL. Hit me up via PM in the next day or two before I have to get my guest list in.

Is there anything interesting happening in KL from 6 to 17 aug? Haven't been back to msia for ages so wanna make full use of this time when Im back!

Was planning to go to redang island for a few nights to relax.

btw anywhere i can get some thom browne in KL?

Edited by newit

How about a few nights in Sabah? Highly recommend going scuba diving there ! Or Penang for the night markets? Day trip to Melaka ?

I'm pretty sure there aren't any stockists of Thom Browne, I certainly didn't see any when I was there back in April. Obviously there's all the luxury labels, Hermes, LV etc at KLCC. It's all about food anyway ;) Want shopping hop on a coach to Singapore :P

newit : dont think much is happening within that period of time because of the ramadhan month, .. if there's anything i can update ya :)

for relaxing, you could check out sekeping serendah, http://www.serendah.com/

it's a pretty cool glass house in the middle of the jungle, check it out , it's pretty relaxing ..

and nope, unfortunately, you wont get any thom browne in KL, as rirawin mentioned, you're better off hoppin on a coach over to singapore

Thanks guys. If thats the case Im planning to go to Redang Island to chill. Feel free to email me at [email protected] if anything is happening.

bentobox: thanks for the hookup.

This will be my first trip to Malaysia, so if there is advice on any other sites to see, feel free to suggest them.

Edited by Davil

Honestly you're way better off going to Bangkok if you're a denimhead travelling in south-east asia. 

I've not seen any worthwhile denim stores/makers here in Penang or Butterworth, nor have I come across any in KL so far. 

But spend ten minutes in Siam Square and you'd be blown away, to say nothing of Chatuchak.

But if you've already booked tickets to Malaysia there's not really much you can do about it now...

This is disappointing to hear though.  

Edited by Davil

Yeah the tickets are already bought and we are already locked in on Malaysia at this point. This is disappointing to hear though.

easy..take a day trip down to Singapore ;D

ur welcome

prolly get negged by Malaysians but whatever haha

Edited by eloq

Justiz2 and Johnbos, I found the same info when I did a bit more digging, but thanks for the help.  

Edited by Davil

As far as Malaysian brands go I think the best place to visit would be Nusantara Denims as they carry quite a few brands under one roof.  Great guys running it too

Edited by justiz2

Thanks Justiz2.  You are right!  This has been a big help.

Checked out a few places over the last few days.

Perverse, stussy and other streetwear stores are wack as usual Unless u like bape print tees.

Pavillion: Club 21 has a nice selection of brands (dries, chris kane, lanvin etc).

Givenchy's mens selection isnt too bad.

Note: nothing sold in these legit/major stores will ever be cheap compared to US etc.

Kronoz selection of denim is quite solid. Prices seemed ok to me too but i dont know (1000-1300 for samurai momotaro etc?).

There is 4 uniqlos  14 Uniqlos here now too. Selection is pretty average though from the ones i've seen.

Best store is probably still basheer books in bb plaza. Couple of ok vintage stores nearby it as well.

Edited by 034936

KL treated me better than Spore, having lived in both.

Shopping is pretty all over, but there are a lot of Uniqlos (Or so it seems) and a few good individual boutiques.

Club21 in Pavillion is good, there's a Givenchy, though I've never been in there, SLP also has a boutique, but don't bother unless you're shopping for a girl. They do have pretty generous season-end sales, though.

Suzy's corner is where every expat goes to eat, but anything around the area is good too, food-court wise anyways. 

Food is really cheap, but like most all of Asia, clothes are a lot more expensive.

Penang and the Cameron Highlands are also really good options in the rest of Malaysia.

bumping this...

any shops with brands like norse projects, acne, ervell, our legacy etc?

which are the best clubs now? assume it's not zouk anymore