Dolphins + Japanese = GRIM SHIT w/ video

PAND

Guest jmatsu
Whoever is speaking about compare that shit with our food consumption is a dumb fuck .

for one cattle and most the other shit we eat in the USA is RAISED and BRED to BE FOOD . Also cattle are pretty much worthless and they stink and are dumb . Pigs too . chickens as well .

Dolphins being killed in asian places ( oh and I believe new zealand ) is plain murder . They are NOT raised by anyone they are in their natural environment minding their fucking business and being slaughtered like nothing . They are actually very intelligent and quite cool and I didnt even watch the video but have seen some before and Im no softy but the shit made me wanna cry honestly .

stupid ass government who allows and/or condones this stupid ass people who eat the shit ..

so the systmatic destruction of cattle, pigs and chicken is supposedly better or more humane? they are bred into a life that will usually only result in their demise. your comparison of the worth and intelligence of the various animals is your opinion (so by this logic, it is okay for those land mammals to be bred for a commercial-culture's foodsupply), but i don't think you have any right to judge people on their cultural diets. at least the dolphins are born with their freedom and have their fighting chance. they aren't told when to fuck, eat what they want, and go where they please.

life feeds on life. i am sure one of the hindu based faiths would be able to voice an argument similar to your's about cattle.

i've ate dolphin, raw horse, and turtle among other things. didn't care for the flipper-flambe', but the horse sashimi and the turtle nabe were quite pleasant.

sure the video is kind of sad, but it's just the basic carnivorous nature of humans. get over it.

come to japan and i'll buy you dinner.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ jmatsu is a smart guy...

Whoever said that killing wild dolphins is worse than kiling bread cattle is a complete and utter idiot. How is it any different if they're raised for that purpose? They're still alive and we still kill them, just because you decided that they've been raised for food doesn't make them any less of a cattle. If you're going to go and be all judgemental then stop eating any forcefully acquired food products.

The Japanese are gangsters of the sea. They don't give a fuck about you. They will eat your fucking dolphins, your whales, your children. They care not.

LOL... seriously.

one of my cousins in mexico used to be a pig breeder and when i was a kid i saw him slaughter and 'harvest' the parts. this video kinda reminded me of that, even though i didnt watch the whole thing. i still eat meat though, i guess i got desensitized to where it doesnt bother me that much.

Come on people, this is the brutal reality of having a diet in which meat is a significant component. If you find it morally reprehensible you should either a) stop eating meat, or B) stop being a pussy.

haha I love how some people in this thread use reasons such as dolphins are " way cooler, sexier, more human, more endangered, more intelligent" what the FUC???. So its okay if they are stupid? How bout we kill a couple of retards on the way home? How bout some uncool animals?

:confused:

There is no answer to this question of what destruction is justified in the name of survival.

Just don't be ignorant and get on your high horse. plenty of rodents get ground up for crop soil tilling, you killed a million bacteria by taking a shower this morning, you think its better to chew up brocolli just because it doesn't twitch or scream when you cut it? GTFO.

Personally I have an opinion about how we as a society should change. We should all personally be involved in a slaughter of something we eat, maybe once a year, maybe once every 5 years. It would just make you appreciate what you eat more. I would still eat meat, but I would appreciate it more. And all you fuccin vegans need to see a groundhog chopped up in a million pieces to make your "organic" broccolini sprouts. Wash that fuccin blood off...

And all you fuccin vegans need to see a groundhog chopped up in a million pieces to make your "organic" broccolini sprouts. Wash that fuccin blood off...

among all the other horrible shit that goes on in the organic cash cow industry.

...yadadamean?

[i agree, the dolphins are in their natural home and here are the japanese come waltzing kill hacking them left and right, i mean if youre gonna kill them, be humane. dragging the dolphin on the road while its still alive. wtf

quote=numero_uno_3xl;346029]Whoever is speaking about compare that shit with our food consumption is a dumb fuck .

for one cattle and most the other shit we eat in the USA is RAISED and BRED to BE FOOD . Also cattle are pretty much worthless and they stink and are dumb . Pigs too . chickens as well .

Dolphins being killed in asian places ( oh and I believe new zealand ) is plain murder . They are NOT raised by anyone they are in their natural environment minding their fucking business and being slaughtered like nothing . They are actually very intelligent and quite cool and I didnt even watch the video but have seen some before and Im no softy but the shit made me wanna cry honestly .

stupid ass government who allows and/or condones this stupid ass people who eat the shit ..

Just don't be ignorant and get on your high horse. plenty of rodents get ground up for crop soil tilling, you killed a million bacteria by taking a shower this morning, you think its better to chew up brocolli just because it doesn't twitch or scream when you cut it? GTFO.

^^^ i wish i owned a horse, it'd be quite nice. personally, i've made the conscious effort to not consume meat or dairy for reasons other than that.

to live ethically? imperfect, but this is one of the ways in which i try.

i think the dolphin video is excellent. We ought to be more familiar with the process of how goods are made and, or provided. at the end of the day wrong or right doesn't matter, what's important here is simply knowing. that knowing makes us more intelligent buyers... i hope.

superfuture is a notch above Highlights for Children

p.s. you have a weak stomach... clearly you have not been desensitized to gore/horrific violence by frequenting rotten, ogrish, and nowthatsfuckedup (before it switched over) in your adolescence

how could you leave out stileproject?!?

ah, the good old days.

Dolphins being killed in asian places ( oh and I believe new zealand ) is plain murder .

really? i thought we just sold boat rides to go see happy flipper and friends.

i saw some a couple of weeks ago when i was out fishing... mmmmm schnapper for dinner

haha I love how some people in this thread use reasons such as dolphins are " way cooler, sexier, more human, more endangered, more intelligent" what the FUC???. So its okay if they are stupid? How bout we kill a couple of retards on the way home? How bout some uncool animals?

:confused:

There is no answer to this question of what destruction is justified in the name of survival.

Personally I have an opinion about how we as a society should change. We should all personally be involved in a slaughter of something we eat, maybe once a year, maybe once every 5 years. It would just make you appreciate what you eat more. I would still eat meat, but I would appreciate it more. And all you fuccin vegans need to see a groundhog chopped up in a million pieces to make your "organic" broccolini sprouts. Wash that fuccin blood off...

this was the best post in this thread by far. all you guys who are saying industrial beef is ok, but dolphin is "inhumane" should read this book by Peter Singer, "Animal Liberation". He is one of the first to write about animal ethics and veganism. basically his point is that if you are making your choices about what can and can't die based on percieved intelligence or suffering of the food source, you should have no problem if faced with having to choose between killing a pig and a mentally handicapped human, you should have no problem choosing the human. so anyone using that arguement to say, "beef's ok, but this is travesty," just stop cause it's a bullshit arguement. they flop on the deck? so do tuna, but, i bet people posting on here are all over toro sashimi.

and to tarmac's last point. i couldn't agree more. Thomas Keller, perhaps the greatest chef in the world, at one point decided he couldn't consciously keep cooking meat if he didn't try killing, skinning, cleaning, breaking down into parts for himself. at one point, after gutting the intestines, he was so disgusted he had to walk away for a while. he did this in northern california and decided after that he had create the greatest dish ever with the animal he had killed, in reverence for himself. killing ANYTHING is gruesome, even in "humane" methods. beef slaughter is considered "humane" because the cattle don't feel the knife cutting their guts out because they just got stunned by the bolt in the head...:confused:

either stop eating meat alltogether, or stop complaining. and seriously, try going hunting sometime.

noone made that argument. one person merely mentioned that dolphins are cool. other's just thought it was revolting.

basically his point is that if you are making your choices about what can and can't die based on percieved intelligence or suffering of the food source, you should have no problem if faced with having to choose between killing a pig and a mentally handicapped human, you should have no problem choosing the human. so anyone using that arguement to say, "beef's ok, but this is travesty," just stop cause it's a bullshit arguement.

either stop eating meat alltogether, or stop complaining. and seriously, try going hunting sometime.

what's with the false dilemma? people have sympathy, so let them have their complaints (actually, they weren't even complaints, just statements of emotions). i don't think the majority (or anyone?) is doing some peta-like shit here; it's just a fucking clothing forum. it's like that scene with the architect (the matrix: part whatever?) where he spoke of our human fault of love or some crap. well we're not fuckin machines. we have compassion and we do not solely base our tolerances of slaughter on intelligence. it's more or less what most of us have come to be raised on with a nice helping of blissful ignorance. i eat cow, pork, fish, and the like, but i still carry sympathy for the person i saw run over on the street when i was eight. i watched him die and had sympathy towards him. the same sympathy i have when i saw the video from the op; watching someone/something get gutted/killed is pretty fucked up. that's why ignorance is bliss.

i understand that you're comparing the intelligence of pigs and the mentally handicapped, but you're also comparing their ability to show suffering? i was unaware that the mentally handicapped can hold up their chin hung on a hook and gut splattered with a knife. so are you saying mentally handicapped people show no signs of suffering when they are being gutted? do you have that video?

i don't really care either way; i'll eat - meat, greens, etc - when i'm hungry. noone really on this thread is forcing false dilemmas down your throat.

the really tragedy of all of this is waldo geraldo faldo; i really hope he's not dead.

^^

dude, take it easy, mine point, and Tarmac's i believe although i don't want to speak for him, was directed ONLY at those saying that dolphin killing = morally wrong while cattle killing = morally acceptable on the basis that cattle were raised for food. this does not seem to be your point, therfore, i am not objecting to it. I don't think either of us are saying "go eat dolphin, if you eat beef." we are just saying, "stop being igonrant about where your food comes from." If you understand how its produced (and it IS produced in most cases) and your cool with it, that's fine, it's your choice/no hate.

i'm not exactly sure where you are going with the handicapped person comment, but i was only paraphrasing another writer who makes the logical conclusion to EQUATE all species. both pigs and humans show signs of suffering so HE IS SAYING (read: not ME, HE) that if you are okay with killing pigs you should be okay with killing humans. obviously this is not practical, it's theory. but i think you would be lying if you didn't agree it raised some interesting dilemas. what it leads me to believe is that i should be more conscious of the life given for my meal, be it wild (like fish) or domestic (like local grass-fed beef).

that's all.

You should all donate to greenpeace. Their ship, the esperanza, is setting out to try and stop the upcomming slaughter of the dolphins by the japanese. it seems they'll think anything is an aphrodisiac to compensate for their... ahem... you know.

dude, take it easy

i am, it just doesn't look so because i don't use emoticons. those things convey wonders. i just noticed the judgements being passed on people typin' how disgusted they felt by watching it and my bad about directing that fingerpointing towards you solely. i expressed my indifference towards the actual matter, but you we selling the authors arguments with a degree of actual reasonability in comparing pigs and the mentally handicapped. so, no personal beef (no pun).

Guest jmatsu

we should have a superfuture barbeque!!! unfortunately it would have to be in japan or some other exotic ("exotic" for the west that is) meat eating country. in america i guess we could only get away with veal,ostrich steaks, and baby lamb (zzzzz....).

when i sampled dolphin it was prepared as a fillet. does anyone know of any other ways to prepare it? perhaps a curry or hotpot?

Guest jmatsu
reminds me I have a can of baby seal curry at home from the yokohama curry museum

we can hire this guy http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2006-05-11/news/xtreme-cuisine/ for the cookout.

if you are serious about the baby seal curry i would like to purchase it from you.

could you post pics?? is it a bon curry, trad curry, more of a hayashi-rice, etc?

was the baby seal of white fur or a regular brown/black one? do tell!!