PRPS

testconditions

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ive got a pair of ramblers that im wearing alot at the moment. I think many people almost look down on prps because they see it as more of a 'fashion label' than a 'true' denim brand. While I can see where this idea comes from - mainly the celebrity prps wearers and the fact that probably 60%, 70% or prps sales is the predistressed jeans, I see it sort of akin to evisu. There are lots of prps (& evisu) model jeans that I defiantly wouldn't spend my money on - they are either to showy or too 'fashion', but there is also fantastic dry denim models that are beautiful denim and great construction. My prps are one of the nicest jeans ive owned so far.

Anyway - enough ranting!

3138788341_9920f3551a_b.jpg

3273052144_a08ecd69a8.jpg

Where you buy yours:confused:

I got mine at Nordstrom. There was this girl there that was totally awesome and gave me 50% off.

The patch on mine is just stiff as could be. I put some bee's wax on it but it barely helped. Any other suggestions?

$370? HA!

I think many people almost look down on prps because they see it as more of a 'fashion label' than a 'true' denim brand. While I can see where this idea comes from - mainly the celebrity prps wearers and the fact that probably 60%, 70% or prps sales is the predistressed jeans, I see it sort of akin to evisu. There are lots of prps (& evisu) model jeans that I defiantly wouldn't spend my money on - they are either to showy or too 'fashion', but there is also fantastic dry denim models that are beautiful denim and great construction. My prps are one of the nicest jeans ive owned so far.
I'm tired of their pre-distressed crap....Particularly since they seem to do a good job on their raw denim. I think Evisu has begun to cater (more so) to both crowds.....Douches who'll buy outlandish shit just for attention, and those who just want a simple pair of raw jeans. But, prps (like you said) seems to focus specifically on the, "I don't give a damn about raw denim, but I saw such-and-such celeb wearing them, and they cost a lot, so I gotta have em!," crowd, which is seemingly enamored by washed denim.

Plus, that price doesn't help.

I agree with you Hef to an extent. I feel that if poly and lenn can have such great results then why can't others over look the hype and distressed and try to become on of the few Prps champs. I agree with you on that bs overrated price, but if you look which i have you can find them for good deals.

$370? HA!

I'm tired of their pre-distressed crap....Particularly since they seem to do a good job on their raw denim. I think Evisu has begun to cater (more so) to both crowds.....Douches who'll buy outlandish shit just for attention, and those who just want a simple pair of raw jeans. But, prps (like you said) seems to focus specifically on the, "I don't give a damn about raw denim, but I saw such-and-such celeb wearing them, and they cost a lot, so I gotta have em!," crowd, which is seemingly enamored by washed denim.

Plus, that price doesn't help.