PRPS

testconditions

I love PRPS Jeans. But just wondering, i bought this pair of Harvey Nichols in london the other day, the slimmer version for £315, and first off, would like to clarify why is it that it is not selvage? or is it different on newer models and only the raw models feature selvage? and the design that I bought seemed to me as somewhat raw, as only the knee and above part on the front was faded, the knee below is still a thick solid indigo colour, so does that mean that they are still raw?

Dude. Why are you bringing up all these old threads? And re-read your comment. How the hell could they be raw if you just finished saying they are pre-faded?

Dude. Why are you bringing up all these old threads? And re-read your comment. How the hell could they be raw if you just finished saying they are pre-faded?

naww the bottom part below th knee still seem to be in raw condition, its still a solid colour, and im just ownderin if they would continue to face or sumthin

The only way they could be raw is if they were second hand. Paying 315 pounds for a new pair of jeans is wack, but that much for a second hand pair! If they have been faded and are new, then they are not raw, easy as that.

naww the bottom part below th knee still seem to be in raw condition, its still a solid colour, and im just ownderin if they would continue to face or sumthin

you obviously have no clue what the fuck raw is so plz stop posting. just cuz a part of a jean is "solid color" doesnt mean its raw. usually they are washed several times and coated to hold its color where its supposed to be dark and faded where it is.

Eddy, I'm feeeling people with your attitude to retail are exactly how stores and brands can charge whatever they want for their product and to a certain point that why this particular brand gets the rep it does, catering for people like you with their washed models.

I hope you get complete satisfaction from your choice but imagine you're just an affluent guy who wanted to jump on a wagon.

you obviously have no clue what the fuck raw is so plz stop posting. just cuz a part of a jean is "solid color" doesnt mean its raw. usually they are washed several times and coated to hold its color where its supposed to be dark and faded where it is.

i believe prps actually has some 'raw' models, meaning unwashed, but they scraped and sanded parts of the jeans. this could be the kind of thing he's talking about

i believe prps actually has some 'raw' models, meaning unwashed, but they scraped and sanded parts of the jeans. this could be the kind of thing he's talking about

u can tell if the jeans have been washed after sanding or not.

If the sanded parts look light blue, then the jeans have not been washed. More white or beige, and they or sure have been washed.

poly 800 has a pair that were nice once faded in, but for what ive seen, prps is overrated, at least as far as theyre pre-distressed models. i was going to get a pair of raws, just to rep someone from my dear home state of virginia( where donwan harrell is from) but ive seen a lot better product from the brands offered @ BIG on clearance sale. honestly, you can get more for the moolah elsewhere. plus, jamie foxx and usher wear prps, and i dont wanna look like i got styling tips from omarion.

I fount the quality of my several prps' to be superb, particularly the look and feel of the raw pairs. I've worn a pair (new-fit) for 8 months now, and, despite their light-weight denim, they are excellent jeans. Another pair, for 2 years, albeit not raw, have held exceptional well also. The stretch was a tad severe, but otherwise....

plus, jamie foxx and usher wear prps, and i dont wanna look like i got styling tips from omarion.
Well, unless you dress like them already ('m sure you don't), that might be pretty hard, particularly since, aside from the back pockets, Prps jeans are pretty plain to the undiscerning eye.

• 1 month later...

was in barneys co-op today and saw these.. i was really impressed and ive been stalking them ever since i got back to my computer....

questions, the pair at barneys had the purple selvage and the pocket cloth was white and purple.. do these ones have a certain name? cause ive seen ones with different pocket cloth colors/patterns.. they wanted $285 for them, is that standard price wherever you go in the city? any other places that carry these? i ask because im visiting and dont know what all the stores have..

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a pair of PRPS from a local used denim shop. Got them for a good price, so I wont be heartbroken if they arent authentic, but if they are I'll sell em.

Ive searched, and found this eBay guide on how to identify fakes:

http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/PRPS-JEANS-FAKE-VS-REAL-AN-IN-DEPTH-LOOK-WITH-PICS_W0QQugidZ10000000008022990QQ_trksidZp3286.c0.m17

so far i cant find anything that would be an obvious giveaway that they are fakes. it has the 2nd ID tag behind the size tag, stamped rivets, real leather tag, stamped inner pocket. the only thing that is suspicious is that the denim is not selvage. the material is fairly thick, but soft and comfortable.

pix:

prps1.jpg

prps9.jpg

prps3.jpg

prps7.jpg

prps6.jpg

prps8.jpg

prps5.jpg

Anyone know the name of the model/cut of this particular denim? Let me know if you think its fake or authentic.

thx