must listen movie original sound track

superdupersang

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really liked the Village soundtrack by James Howard Newton featuring violinist Hilary Hahn. It has amazingly haunting quality about it coupled with a 19th century Pennsylvania Quaker touch.

On the anime soundtracks, Ghost the Shell's score by Yoko Kanno was excellent. The title track chant was also sampled on a drum & bass record produced by Makai called Beneath the Mask. Awesome track for anyone that used to listen to jungle or drum&bass about 6-7 years ago.

Danny Elfman's Edward Scissorhands sountrack also stands out.

As for compilations:

In Good Company - for the Trapeze Swinger by Iron and Wine and other Sam Beam tunes

Garden State - for various Postal Service, Iron and Wine, Shins, etc.

All Tarentino soundtracks for that matter.

Friday Night Lines - which was scored by Austin band Explosions in the Sky. Lots of subtle layered soundscapes. Either you love it or hate it.

All Tarentino soundtracks for that matter.

sorry analyst, I have to disagree with the Garden state soundtrack, i thought it was terrible...

tarentino on the other hand...always good.

surprised no one has mentioned this gem.

despite better a mediocre movie, i'll still say this is one hell of a compilation of bands/songs.

the cure, nine inch nails covering joy division, JAMC, violent femmes, etc. very good for what it was.

ocrowiw2.gif

I agree with you Analyst. That soundtrack was my first introduction to The Shins actually.

Also: 24 Hour Party People with The Sex Pistols, The Buzzcocks, A Guy Called Gerald, Joy Division and more of Manchester's finest.

• 4 weeks later...
img_menu.jpg

In the mood for love

+1

WKW movie soundtracks really do it for me for instrumentals with strong emotions/thoughts attached.

Chungking Express

AECKE-Cover.jpg

Fallen Angels (of course)

r4cover.jpgpost5.jpg

Ashes of Time

po1.jpg

Days of Being Wild

post1.jpgpost3.jpg

i also love the soundtrack for Last Life in the Universe (directed by Pen-Ek Ratanaruang), subtle but vitally casted the perfect vibes for this film's mood. i highly recommend this film http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Life_in_the_Universe

• 1 month later...
Guest jmatsu

the swedish film heaven and hell.

atomic cafe

cul de sac

basically any pre 80's morricone composed soundtrack.

all soundtracks by goblin.

Guest jmatsu
can i suggest the rocky soundtrack? i have a best of cd with the best (and worst) songs from rocky I to 5.

good fuckin' stuff. makes me want to slug somebody.

"reflections" by bill conti. good stuff indeed (doesn't make me want to slug anyone though).

• 1 year later...

reviving a dead thread,

just watched red belt.

great film but the final song blew me away,

googling led me to some the director, David Mamet and hes done a ton of things, including ronin, glenngary glennross, wag the dog, which i also liked.

actually his fillms has a modern japanese feel about them.

sparse (but not zen coz i hate that BS califonication term)

anyway, tried to find the ost as a torrent but its not up yet so making do with downloading stuff by rebecca pidgeon, luciana souza,

and rebecca pidgeon is married to david mamet.