Wild Swans vs. Red Moon

Dick Danger

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is fucking nuts.

i think i will order some shell cordovan from my shoe guy who has a connect with horween. then, i'll have my boy in japan make me a custom wallet.

btw, if anyone wants a custom made redmoon-style wallet, send me pm. my boy in okinawa does his thing. gonna make a website soon.

that is fucking nuts.

i think i will order some shell cordovan from my shoe guy who has a connect with horween. then, i'll have my boy in japan make me a custom wallet.

btw, if anyone wants a custom made redmoon-style wallet, send me pm. my boy in okinawa does his thing. gonna make a website soon.

Wow… can ya get me one of those? I got a roll of vegie indigo denim for trade.

miz — one of these days you have to take a pic of that custom wallet you brought back.

Word of mouth is the best form of advertising.

shit, so i called up horween. looks like there's a 9 month wait for shell cordovan!

so, looks like custom-made shell cordovan wallets will have to wait for a while.

ang, i will post pics soon of my wallet, i promise. in the meantime, you can ask coleslaw for pics of his. he got one made from the same guy. also, ask him about his saddle leather bag. :)

believe it or not, i was walking around in okinawa city, okinawa. for those who don't know where that is, watch the karate kid series. also, okinawa makes a brief appearance in kill bill as the home of hattori hanzo, master swordsmith.

anyways.

i was walking with my wife in okinawa city, a.k.a. koza as the locals call it when we found a used clothing store. we went up and they had a ton of cool vintage jeans, shirts, and shoes. in the back were two barber chairs and a guy in a hawaiian shirt styling someone's hair. i also see a workshop full of leather tools and a bunch of wallets, bags, even a baseball glove. i start talking to him, turns out, he's a custom leathercraft nut and he's been doing it a long time. he ran a busy beauty salon with a bunch of employees but cut it down so he could run his vintage clothing shop/leathergoods workshop. now, he's the only guy cutting hair. the rest of the time he spends making wallets, belts, bags, and accessories.

the guys is a real cool guy. he cut my wife's hair when she was a teenager.

anyways, i had him make me a custom wallet. later, he made my boy coleslaw a wallet and a bag. i told him i would set up a website for him, but i've been lazy. gotta get back on that. i'll post pics soon.

btw, he is an avid collector of weird stuff. vintage mechanical watches, vintage american toys, and vintage hair dryers from the 60s.

my wildswan wings.. around 7 months usage. no dramatic change, but the wallet has been squeezed to a thickness (around 1cm thick with a few cards and bills) i love..

dsc60841sj6.jpg

now compared to the normal thickness of japanese handmade wallets (goro's bifold - 3.5 cm thick approximately)

dsc61001bt5.jpg

Might as well add Skull to the list. For some reason everything looks a lot more yellow than it really is. I kinda like the Skull wallet, not uber thick, but it hasn't been loaded up yet.

503920662_9109406832.jpg

503958961_5eff4e848d.jpg

503958915_e4de6e6473.jpg

503958881_39c3218f0c.jpg

You're a maniac. Can you comment on the quality of the Skull? I've had my eye on the large medallion ring wallet. Graphic details would be appreciated.

You're a maniac. Can you comment on the quality of the Skull? I've had my eye on the large medallion ring wallet. Graphic details would be appreciated.

The leather seems like it's might a half a step down from Last Crops, but maybe that's just because it was so dry when I got it. It soaked up a lot of Obenaufs and it still feels a bit dry, could be just the way it feels. The stitching is waxed and feels hard to the touch, not that thats bad, thats just how it is. I really like the the way they did the coin pocket on it, and there's another pocket behind the card slots. Fully loaded it's a about as thick as the Flicker is empty, and when the Flicker is fully loaded it's a monster. Overall I really like it. I was going to make the Spanker my everyday wallet after the contest but this might take over that spot.

Those Last Crops look good!!

I thought you'd be sticking to your red moon till after the sammie contest;)

I only use the Red Moon when I wear the contest jeans, when I have to wear a different pair I use a different wallet.

opinions on this one?

When I was in high school there was this girl named Teresa, she got a lot shit from guys because she had a big ass. Not totally huge but bigger than most. I'd go to track meets to hold her blocks, that was a sight, having a big ass staring you right in the face, in shorts no less. I would catch some shit from guys as well telling me that my gf had a big ass, but who gives a fuck. Is there anything better than having your gf sit on pizza so you can lick it off? I think not. If it makes your dick hard it go for it. I might hate it, or I might not, either way I'd hope that whatever I thought wouldn't influence your decision at all.

• 2 months later...