Supreme 2007 S/S

fiveagain

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a random question, do any professional skateboarders ever wear Supreme? I don't mean like through a sponsorship or something like that, I just mean like, you know, ever.

edit: In retrospect, this question is worded to hell. What I mean to ask is, how does the more hardcore skate culture view Supreme now? Same love that we have for it? Sold out? I'm particularly interested in an answer from someone like 78, who I'm sure is rooted quite well in both subcultures. Honestly though, I can't believe I just asked if any skateboarders wore supreme :D

From quartersnacks.com:

Dear Supreme

For much of the skateboard population, and the population of those who just carry around skateboards to match their sneakers, Supreme remains an enigmatic force. All of you hate it, citing that it is not a “real†skateshop, yet all of you turn around, lace up your cute “Send Help†Dunks under your size 30 (when you really wear a size 34, it’s just a lot more comfortable to have them sag halfway down your thighs so people can check out the back pockets) Japanese Levi’s and aimlessly walk in a circle, perusing the various “non-skateboard†items lying on their shelves. To most of you “The Back†is a mystery (notice, “The Back†of Supreme constitutes as a proper noun, as indicated by the MLA). “Do you have any more in the back?†or “Is there anything else in the back?†are all phrases etched into your minds, in that they give you a sense of hope, and new beginning, kind of like the American Frontier. When the color that matches your Dunks isn’t out on the shelves, there is always hope in the back, for a brighter future. Why does the store randomly close for two weeks? I recently read on some website where grown men discuss stitching detail on their jeans that it is because the staff takes off to go snowboarding for a week, thus having to close the store. Why is everyone there such an asshole? Why did they diss me when I asked for a discount? Why won’t they set-up my skateboard?

Most of you just hate Supreme because you don’t have answers to these questions. You want to know, but can’t. But you still wait in like in sixteen-degree weather to buy a red box logo tee anyway, even though it’s not a “real†skateshop. Since the majority of you will never know about the endless line of unreleased Nike SBs, the crackle-print Speedos with box logos at the crotch, the private indoor skatepark, or the A-Bomb factory in the back of Supreme — shit, I’ve said too much…

(http://www.quartersnacks.com/qs/words/articles/dear-supreme/)

From quartersnacks.com:

Dear Supreme

For much of the skateboard population, and the population of those who just carry around skateboards to match their sneakers, Supreme remains an enigmatic force. All of you hate it, citing that it is not a “real†skateshop, yet all of you turn around, lace up your cute “Send Help†Dunks under your size 30 (when you really wear a size 34, it’s just a lot more comfortable to have them sag halfway down your thighs so people can check out the back pockets) Japanese Levi’s and aimlessly walk in a circle, perusing the various “non-skateboard†items lying on their shelves. To most of you “The Back†is a mystery (notice, “The Back†of Supreme constitutes as a proper noun, as indicated by the MLA). “Do you have any more in the back?†or “Is there anything else in the back?†are all phrases etched into your minds, in that they give you a sense of hope, and new beginning, kind of like the American Frontier. When the color that matches your Dunks isn’t out on the shelves, there is always hope in the back, for a brighter future. Why does the store randomly close for two weeks? I recently read on some website where grown men discuss stitching detail on their jeans that it is because the staff takes off to go snowboarding for a week, thus having to close the store. Why is everyone there such an asshole? Why did they diss me when I asked for a discount? Why won’t they set-up my skateboard?

Most of you just hate Supreme because you don’t have answers to these questions. You want to know, but can’t. But you still wait in like in sixteen-degree weather to buy a red box logo tee anyway, even though it’s not a “real†skateshop. Since the majority of you will never know about the endless line of unreleased Nike SBs, the crackle-print Speedos with box logos at the crotch, the private indoor skatepark, or the A-Bomb factory in the back of Supreme — shit, I’ve said too much…

i read that a while ago...are they talking about us?

tht always confused me with the sz 30 jeans thing, how does that sag?

From quartersnacks.com:

Dear Supreme

most definitely about this forum and every other fashion forum that has Supreme threads. gotta love the QS kids. If you skate you know part of their "crew" is Supreme heads.

You guys missed the whole motherfuckin part of this where "CMF" comes to supreme. That's the tie in fools. Bad job with the edit Doc.

And this is priceless....

Posted as a caption to one of the alleged "CMF"'s pictures:

21. The place Mooney used to work up until he decided to play that Styles P song, “Kill That Faggot†while gay people were in the store 22. He stills hangs out there even though he doesn’t get paid for it 23. Pryce gets paid across the street 24. I seriously can’t tell who the hell is in this picture.

I love that styles diddy.

You guys missed the whole motherfuckin part of this where "CMF" comes to supreme. That's the tie in fools. Bad job with the edit Doc.

Yeah, I just couldn't get it all up - I figured people would check the link for the rest.

I was just trying to call attention to the fact that the fetishization of Supreme is ridiculous - and questions like "Do pro skaters even wear Supreme?" are irrelevant and just kind of silly.

Talk about repercussions for a stupid question huh?

Haha I guess the question was kind of worded badly (horribly), What I intended to ask was more along the lines of whether Supreme is nearly as hyped up in the skating community as it is in..."our" community, however you want to call it. I'm not actually ignorant enough to think that no skateboarders have ever worn supreme, ever, especially the people who work there :D I don't exactly keep up with professional/amateur skateboarding but outside of, say, Kids or videos affiliated with Supreme 'fam' I haven't seen much mention of Supreme, that's all (maybe some hate here and there).

I realize that a lot of people are deathly afraid of sounding like they are anything less than completely knowledgeable about the entire Supreme, Kids, etc. culture but sometimes you just feel like asking a dumb and random question from those who are wiser than you are :D Pictures of people wearing Supreme are good and all but I don't think I'm mistaken in thinking that there are only a select few around here who have been up to date with both cultures long enough to give me a good answer to my question. You know who you are (or aren't).

Thanks for the answers though, hadn't seen that CMF stuff before, awesome :)

edit: "some website where grown men discuss stitching detail on their jeans" absolutely has to be superfuture.