Kato shirts.....on web and in stores

Neilfuji

Hello,

I know I posted the opening of the website before, but I was asked AGAIN about the shirting, and we've added it to the site and shiped to the US......

www.katobrand.com

sorry to post twice on nearly the same thing but I can only answer your questions this way

thank you for ALL your kind questions and I hope this helps you

Neil

said it before and have to say it again.

Those pre-washed jeans and jackets look so nice.

Love the black jacket that is apparently "dyed by a tree" !

Only in Japan.

hello Sneaker

said it before and I'll say it again...thank you for your kindness

both are on the bomberairport site and for sale...not that I'm using SuFu to sell from that is

Neil

:D

said it before and have to say it again.

Those pre-washed jeans and jackets look so nice.

Love the black jacket that is apparently "dyed by a tree" !

Only in Japan.

someone take one for the team and buy a pair of these

http://www.bomberairport.co.uk/Pants_files/20sp03a.htm

her

Hey,

this is one of the best selling jeans in Japan....in fact we just did a shoot for the BA site first time I've ever put them on and they look FUCKING amazing!!!

but the 'BOW LEG' is a bit off key

Neil

someone take one for the team and buy a pair of these

http://www.bomberairport.co.uk/Pants_files/20sp03a.htm

yeah, the pair of Kato seems real nice. I might have to shuffle my denim wishlist to fit this one in. I've always wanted a pair in similiar fit but with better denim/fabric. The other Kato stuff is nice too. Good to know that now we have another alternative for 45rpm-quality clothing.

Neil you should show your products with models.

Its really difficult to gauge how Kato stuff fits the human body. (esp. jeans and jackets)

Unlike JPN repros which we can have a fair idea of, once you own one 55, 47, 1930s cut, you owned 'em all.

they just finshed shooting the new images for the BA site, which will be up soon and i have told them to use a model for fit pictures, just for you guys.....

I do understand the need for better fit details and thank you for help showing us what you all need too

Neil

Those shirts are amazing! I am going to be in LA next weekend and I will check to see your stuff at H Lorenzo. I was in American Rag a month ago and didn't see your brand. I actually didn't see anything in that store that I would wear (I used to love that store). Are the shirts really in stock there?

Am-Rag, did go heavy with the whole range, not sure which store is hold the range though, waiting for them to contact me on that

sorry, as for Lorenzo, mainly jeans but some of the shirts but not many

picutre is a little scary......wow, but the store is nicer thn that, so I'm told

Neil

Neil, the photography for the shirts is really quite interesting, not your usual hanger + shirt display! nice. :)

Hello Tweedles

thank you, we like to try and show the product in a way the fabrics are highlighted as much as the styles, after all we're a cloth company too

Neil

H Lorenzo is very typically LA - lots of quality stuff, but with lots of flashy pieces as well (all of it pretty expensive). Not to say the the flashy stuff is not very well constructed as well, but probably not to the taste of a lot of people on either SF. South Willard is more that...

Neil, haven't been able to find the info, but what inseam does the denim come in?

Thanks

hello PG2G,

we only do a 34 leg and we a little long on that closer to a 36, but allow for your wear/shape

Neil

Those retro-looking plaid shirts are gerat. Price points? 45rpm, btw, increased their prices by seventy dollars. The Umi line (sauvin cotton) now breaks $400. Yes, that's right.

Hello

I’m sorry but I do not know or should I say can not comment on the store prices, it’s up to the store to set them as they see fit…..

As for the plaids, which ones?

The BA site is being re-fitted this week and should be up and running next week sometime, I’m no longer attached to them in a business way, it was a conflict of interests, with Kato’ and them, we can not work as an on-line shop and a wholesaler at the same time, it’s un fair to our wholesale customers.

Plus side of this means the restrictions on BA are lifted, they will now carry to season product as well as the ‘archive’ pieces, which is good news for anyone who want to buy but is to far from any of our brick and mortar stockiest.

If BA stay true to there word all good are will be ship free of charge…but I’m not on there staff anymore so I just hope

I’m sure Neil (from BA) will let you all know when there site is ready

Neil

Neil, could you clarify about the BA situation? it's a UK-based on-line storefront?

and kato now does not sell jeans directly, if I'm reading that right.

good luck with the whole list of changes :)

Hello Tweedles,

Kato never did sell direct, before I worked for Kato I was a director at BA, than I worked for Kato' through BA and then I became a director of Kato'.

BA was a wholesale company, a retail store and a press agency for a few brands and still works with some, we had a small problem in the gap between what the stores were buying and want the 'denim-heads' wanted to get, so while I was at BA we set up a small archive site within the company site...the site is now pretty much just an archive for Kato and due to my working for both I felt it better to just keep it archive not to season.

a little over a year ago we closed our store on Savile Row (London) due to a loss of one of the directors to a bigger company and a 150% rent hike, it was a good earner for the company. my involvement with Kato was restricting that part of the business and taking me away from the day to day business of BA, so I resigned, I will still have input at BA and will be working with them on the new site and future Kato'/BA business

it more to open up the business for BA and Kato' the new site will have ALL of the range on it and the archive bits too

it more I do not like to work both sides of the street, I feel you can't retail and wholesale at the same time it's a conflict, your stores (wholesale) need to know that your not putting you on-line business before there needs....

thank you Tweedles

Neil