The Evolution Of Your Denim Collection (Pre/Post SuFu)

justinbaily21

Pre - Gucci, Energie, G-star, Paper Denim & Cloth, Earnest Sewn, 1921, Chip & Pepper in roughly that order.

Post - Kato, Sugar Cane, PBJ

Haven't been wearing any of the old ones, but once I fix the crotch on the C&Ps they'll probably be an occasional warm-weather jean. They're really thin.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pre 2000 - Levis, Jordache, Jag, Just Jeans, Jeans West, Jay Jays, Wranglers, Kmart jeans.

2000-2005 - RM Williams 15oz moleskins (5 pairs)

2005-2006 - Diesel, Earnest Sewn, Nobody, Blue Blood, Levi STF, G-Star, Gap, RRL.

2006 to present - Eternal 868, SC 1955, SExIH, Imperial Duke, Nudie RRDS, Ande Whall Cougar, and Samurai 710 (on Monday, hopefully).

Hopeful future purchases (I blame SuFu, completely) - Skulls 5010, Eternal 811, SC (lots - love SC), PBJ 007 (getting the money together soon), SDA103.

highschool: old navy jeans bootcut... or straight leg and i used to cut a small 1 inch slit down at the hem to make it bootcut..

bought my first pair of sevens in 2002/3?

then to various "premium" jeans (ie citizen, paperndenim, chipnpepper, etc)

moved onto mainly Diesel's

started getting into more basics...Levis, Nudies, etc

now, Dior, Sling and Stones mostly, Skulls, etc

pre- (over the last 8 years or so)

HM, Eckö, Mecca, Triple Five soul, Energie, Levis, Duffer, Cheap Monday, LVC, Edwin

LVC 47, Cheap Monday cowboy, Wrangler, Pace, LVC 33. The main difference is that im alot more interested in historical details and qualitity/denim (not obvious in the CM and wrangler, I know..) Lusting after alot of japanese stuff, but too expensive and too much trouble yet.

pre- (over the last 8 years or so)

HM, Eckö, Mecca, Triple Five soul, Energie, Levis, Duffer, Cheap Monday, LVC, Edwin

LVC 47, Cheap Monday cowboy, Wrangler, Pace, LVC 33. The main difference is that im alot more interested in historical details and qualitity/denim (not obvious in the CM and wrangler, I know..) Lusting after alot of japanese stuff, but too expensive and too much trouble yet.

What LVC did you wear before supertalk?

Pre (last three years): LVC 1947, Lee 101B Cowboy 1936, Acne Mic Saltwater, Levis 501 0165 black, Levis 512, Lee Roscoe dry selvage, Pace 001 raw, Pace 010 raw, Pace 002 original wash, Pace 006 second hand wash, Prison Blues fifties cut

Post: LVC 1933, LVC 1886, LVC 1947 2004 (555 on button), LVC 505 1967 2004 R on button), Lee 101B riders 1944, Lee 101B Cowboy 1928, Lee 131 Pete Bonham, Sugarcane Hawaii, Julian Red California Silver, Nudie Even Steven dry denim, Nudie Straight Sven selvage, Nudie Masa, Tiger Chief Imperial selvage, Tiger Kid Ink Heritage, Thai Levis, Thai Wrangler

pre sufu

sean john, ruff riders, jeans west, kmart, buss, levis, bum equipment, kenji urban

post sufu

edwin nashvilles, RRL bootcut, imperial kings, 45rpm suminadoes, 5ep resin straight

after loosing significant weight, cant really wear anything that i used to own besides the 5ep which are loose, but dont fall off me. it really hurts when you spend so much time on them, then they just wont fit anymore. but it doesnt hurt as much as replacing suits that wont fit anymore...

lets see...

Most of these were good deals on ebay:

First... Jcrew -> Mavi -> Loomstate -> Edwin -> Evisu Oki-ni (thought i was REALLY ballin -> Levi 501 Limited Ed -> Lee Premium -> (sold them all at some consignment place) -> APC NS -> Sugarcane Okinawa -> in 1 month, Dior 19cm.

I didn't even wear jeans prior to 2 years ago...always wore khaki shorts or khakis. But come on, gotta have some balling jeans to go with those Futura P-Rods! (first pickup that i cherished then sold on ebay HA)

Lil David, damn thats alot of post-sufu denim. props.

meader, I have a pair of "first blue "- pre 501 LVC (555 on button) that I wore some when I was into a baggy look. They are too big though...looking to sell those..

I didnt really buy all of them, the Nudie's and Tiger's I got for free... And I dont think sufu had a lot to do with what I have bought, other than the Hawaii's and I guess I wouldnt have bought another pair of 47's if it hadnt been for sufu...

wow this is an interesting thread....

PRE - dickies, howies selvedge, carhartt

POST - PBJ xx005, eternal 868, samurai s5000bk( oh and some sammie cords on a plane ) , SugarCane 40500N, APC (x3), new standards in raw ( now not thought and faded ), grey twill, and selvedge overdye in the mail- whoop!

wow this is an interesting thread....

PRE - dickies, howies selvedge, carhartt

POST - PBJ xx005, eternal 868, samurai s5000bk( oh and some sammie cords on a plane ) , SugarCane 40500N, APC (x3), new standards in raw ( now not thought and faded ), grey twill, and selvedge overdye in the mail- whoop!

wearing good stuff from the get-go, viv :)

Pre

91-ish Duffer carpenter jeans

92-94 second hand Lee/Levis denim from a guy who now runs a vintage store in The Lanes in Brighton when he had a stall in Deptford High Street

95-97 scored 3 pairs of Lee 101Z for £20 a pair. Wondered why they were so stiff. My first encounter with raw.

98-01 3 pairs of Edwin Nashvilles from Interstate when they were £60

02-06 Uniqlos 4 pairs

07 treated myself to some Ironhearts

I used to wear Levi's - prewashed - and Diesel ...

It all started out with my first Regular Ralf Dry Selvage - and - partly Diddles fault - these days I lust for japanese finest..Sugar Cane, Samurai and Eternal...

I'm going from when I moved to London 9 years ago, the only jeans of note I had from my youth were some red levis... I was lucky enough to wander into Interstate soon after I moved here so got into (loose fitting) Edwins early, cheers Roberto.

Pre: Carhartt Staff and Western Pants, Vintage-washed Edwin Waynesville, Edwin Sen S, Silas Classics.

Post: Carhartt Round-up, Allen and Slim Pants, Edwin ED77's in a few denims, Imperial Dukes, Skull 5010 6x6's, Tenderloin T Rider C's... Apart from the Tenderloins there's definitely a slimmer vibe going on now.

Pre: Levis vintage, Big E, Levis Repros, Lees, Evisu, Gstar, Rock & Republic, Nudie, Edwin

Pre: Levis, Diesel, Lucky, Gap

Post: Sda, eternal, Nudie, Oni, Samurai. (there are still one or two pair of Gap)

now all I do is pay attention to the details and the process involved.

pre-clothing cognition: levis, lands end, other cheapies

middle school: arizona, levis

high school: anything black (levis, arizona, lee, anything sold at sears)

thrift phase: if it didn't have a brand and it was within two sizes of fitting, I bought it

rave, serotonin receptor-depletion stage: JNCO, Kikwear

post-college: gap1969 (five years)

"premium" phase: Rock and Republic, Hugo Boss, True Religion, Edun, D&G, Antik, APC NS, John Varvatos Straight Black Selvedge

Post sufu: SC 47s, SD-101 (sold), Nudie SJDB (Sold), Lee 101z, Sammy 0510XX LTD Texas Cotton