My lost UPS package.

doczein

I ordered some LVC 501's from Cultizm about two weeks ago, and I'm based in the US. However, when the UPS tracking site said that the package was delivered to my front door, I searched my front steps for my package to no avail. The package status was "Delivered". I called UPS to see what was up, and they told me they'd return a call within an horu after they contacted the shipper that shipped the item. But no call. I called them again the next day and they said they opened a "tracker" for the package and if it pops up anywhere they'd call me within 8 business days. I'm pretty sure the package won't be recovered. And that it's my loss. I know this is probably UPS's fault and not that of cultizm, or probably the work of some low-life who swiped the package from my front doorsteps. What should I do about this?

I'm also considering re-ordering the same pair of LVC's from cultizm, as they seem to have it for the cheapest price and in my size. Should I do this?

UPS or the Seller is liable. I don't have the enrgy to discuss the legalities, but basically as a merchant their duty to you as the buyer does not end until the item is recieved by you, whereas a non-merchant is no longer liable upon dispatch (package to post office). Anyways just contact the seller and UPS and you will either get your money back or another pair of jeans.

Also, shit like this happens all the time. My condo is a few blocks away from a Junior High and kids are always using out parking lot to cut across. I've had close to 80% of all UPS packages taken because they just leave it right there on the door step. So, yeah, don't sweat it.

Doesn't UPS require a signature for all delivery ???

In Canada, UPS is not allowed to drop a package without a signature from a member of the household unless you signed a letter of release from them. from the look of it, it doesn't seem to be like this in America cause if it was, then they would be clearly responsible and you would just have to ask to see a copy of the signature to prove them wrong

Lately a lot of people have been using the "package release" option, which basically allows a UPS delivery dude to drop off the package on your doorsteps instead of taking it back to their station.

I don't know, I'm in Canada and I've found packages just left on my doorstep a few times now, but luckily no one has stolen them... As for the note thing - I've tried that once, releasing the package with specific instructions on where to leave the package, only to come home to a package sitting on my doorstep. People are lazy, and once they're in the clear they'll just dump it wherever's easiest and be on their way.

I don't know, I'm in Canada and I've found packages just left on my doorstep a few times now, but luckily no one has stolen them... As for the note thing - I've tried that once, releasing the package with specific instructions on where to leave the package, only to come home to a package sitting on my doorstep. People are lazy, and once they're in the clear they'll just dump it wherever's easiest and be on their way.

they are not allowed to do that, so if it bother you, you should definitely complain. it's pretty stupid to pay extra to have your stuff delivered by UPS to make sure everything is safe for them to drop the package on your doorstep.

Nothing pisses me off more than to come home to a package on my doorstep. My neighborhood is ok, but I think its fucked of them to just assume noone will take it. Its been my experience that merchants will resend merchandise, but I dread the day that something off Ebay or something gets snatched.

my brother just had a Wii snatched off his porch (which is set back from the street, elevated, and generally hidden from view); he's now having to deal w/ UPS, plus sears.com, etc., etc... will probably get refunded eventually, but it might take a month+.

do meth addicts just follow the brown trucks around now? ripping shit off whenever no one's home? the "convenience" of having UPS leave a package rather than a delivery notice has been eliminated by fucking tweakers. :eek:

we spoke yesterday with Ups. In Germany this is totally forbidden. In the US it is allowed, when they have a permission of you. Every package of Ups is insured around 750 USD.

that's exactly what i'm saying, if you don't sign the release, they can't just drop it off, i can't believe UPS is doing that and getting away with it, it's seriously an invitation to steal

sucks to hear about your jeans man.

thats why i only deal with USPS.. cheaper and more reliable. you know when that package will come and at what time so you know to either be home, or have somewhere to put it.

and usually its the same damn person delivering the mail to your house, so if you ask them to leave a package somewhere they will be kind enough to do so.

i've been going back and forth with UPS since november over 3 packages that they readdressed with the wrong info. they came up to NYC, sat in a warehouse in brooklyn for a week, then shipped back to KY because they wouldn't deliver to me.

two supervisors in customer service told me i was insane for not having a car and called me lazy because i wouldn't take a 4 hour round trip train ride out to pick up the 3 80lb boxes on the train. one did finally show up somehow, but packed in a different box than i shipped it, missing two pairs of shoes, a box of oversized inkjet printed project stuff, and some dvds to a total value of about $2000 retail (the printing involved in the books would be about $1700 to replace). even with insurance on it, they are claiming it was my fault the items were lost, even though they repackaged it somewhere along the way - they sware that never happens and that i'm lying about how i shipped it.

i still can't even get their base $100 of insurance or refunds for the shipping on their address fuck up even now when i've gone on to make a corporate complaint through a friend that works there.

with that, good luck on your package.

Signature confirmation is usually extra. Mostly everything UPS has ever delivered have always just been dropped off in front of the house.

I use USPS with delivery confirmation for most things I send, Signature confirmation for important stuff.

MY MAIN ADVICE--do what I do and have everything delivered to your work (or wherever you are during the day.) I know I'm not gonna be home during the day, I'll be at work. It just makes sense to have things delivered to where I know I'll be. The only snag I had was when I ordered from Denim Bar and they had to contact my credit card company to make sure I was legit & not using a stolen card because of the different shipping/billing addresses.

we here in germany are a little bit confused, we thought that in the US you have probably the best customer service in the world.

to my mind it is not a big challange to find a satisfying solution for both, isn't it?

Customer service in the U.S. has gone through a serious decline in the last 20 years.

After visiting Japan, I realized how far the U.S. has fallen to the side.

With regard to FedEx...I was also astonished that they left packages on my doorstep, wide out in the open. And I was home at the time - no knock at all...not until I heard the truck pull away did I realize the delivery had been made.

It was a cellphone. What if...