"Make Me Something" - Gift Ideas

englandmj7

Shit.....I am not very creative. Anyone have any links to sites on the subject or advice? I need to "make" something as opposed to buying it for the significant other......for Valentine's Day.

Doesn't need to be elaborate/time consuming.

And no "Dick In A Box," I tried that last year.

quick gifts that seem like they took lots of effort?

take an empty jar, stick a label on it saying 'reasons i love you' then fill it with little squares of paper with said reasons.

simple, there may even be tears. just remember not to write anything like 'you make me look skinny' or 'i love the way you burp like a man'

mhm.

Make something childish. Macaroni pictures, collages, jewelery out of like construction paper or the sort. Accompany it with like a themed gift/set of gifts... I usually pull something out of my ass in the days prior. My ex's birthday was the day before v-day so I had to come up with something extra-nice for both days. PM me, it would be easier if we knew something about the significant other-- gifts with some subtle meaning that only she would understand are the cutest.

quick gifts that seem like they took lots of effort?

take an empty jar, stick a label on it saying 'reasons i love you' then fill it with little squares of paper with said reasons.

simple, there may even be tears. just remember not to write anything like 'you make me look skinny' or 'i love the way you burp like a man'

mhm.

Yes, I like this......cheesy yet effective. :D

Make something childish. Macaroni pictures, collages, jewelery out of like construction paper or the sort. Accompany it with like a themed gift/set of gifts... I usually pull something out of my ass in the days prior. My ex's birthday was the day before v-day so I had to come up with something extra-nice for both days. PM me, it would be easier if we knew something about the significant other-- gifts with some subtle meaning that only she would understand are the cutest.

I was thinking of an absurdly huge heart-shaped card, but alas, I don't think I will have the "alone" time to get away with making something like this/gathering all the supplies before Valentine's Day....

You could make her some "coupons" that she can use in the future. Like one where she doesn't have to do any cleaning, dishes, cooking, whatever for a certain time period. Oh, that's practical. : /

girls hate those presents, especially the ones that say stuff like 'i owe you one foot massage', it screams the fact that your boyfriend is only doing stuff like that on special occasions and it's never going to be a regular thing that you'll get nice things done for you.

I've completely covered my bf's car in post its with hearts drawn on them. It's good to have a friend help you stick the post its to the car while you scribble the hearts onto them (or do it prior to save time). Totally worth it to see a neon pink car standing out in the middle of the uni parking lot and to see your bf realize it's his as he walks out of class.

I've completely covered my bf's car in post its with hearts drawn on them. It's good to have a friend help you stick the post its to the car while you scribble the hearts onto them (or do it prior to save time). Totally worth it to see a neon pink car standing out in the middle of the uni parking lot and to see your bf realize it's his as he walks out of class.

hmmm...i think that would work for a girl. But for a guy, that would be kinda embarrassing and a pain in the ass to remove said post its.

But i'm not a romantic...

this is amazing. I will have to remember it.