Kim Jones Umbro and Double Identity. Take a peak!!

surri

Here is some stuff for those of you that are looking for something different.

I am working on opening a store in Singapore but the renovations are taking too long so I decided to start selling for a bit just to get the ball rolling.

Here are some Kim Jones Umbro and some Double Identity UK. Everything is in DS condition.

Call or SMS 9611 6675 anytime if interested. Or you can PM me right here if you have any questions about size or prices.

Paypal accepted and I will ship anywhere as long as YOU pay for it. All Prices in Singapore Dollars. Just an update, Shipping to US and Canada is SGD $64 which is about USD $41.

2072065150098872658S425x425Q85.jpg

Kim Jones Umbro Woven Hi - $302

2970161370098872658S425x425Q85.jpg

Kim Jones Umbro Woven Low -$277

2108291130098872658S425x425Q85.jpg

Kim Jones Umbro Mork Hi - $268

2204755910098872658S425x425Q85.jpg

Double Identity - $213

2673259060098872658S425x425Q85.jpg

Double Identity - $213

2827779480098872658S425x425Q85.jpg

Double Identity - $168

2362469080098872658S425x425Q85.jpg

Double Identity - $168

2388402250098872658S425x425Q85.jpg

Double Identity - $143

2980298400098872658S425x425Q85.jpg

Double Identity - $162

2226099170098872658S425x425Q85.jpg

Double Identity - $143

another haji lane store?

no hate, but i much prefer haji lane when straits records was still there, and there was only house of japan with its musty smell.

i hope you have a great concept at least...and your prices are pretty decent. will definitely pop by to take a look.

but my comment about haji lane and the multi-labels there still stands. there's little to differentiate one from the other now, it might as well be FEP.

I will be opening the store in Haji Lane.

Don't worry, It's not just another store in Haji Lane. It's not a simple touch up job either. I have a solid concept and I am sticking to it. I am working hard to fully develop it into something that will last. Let's hope it works out.

I studied and lived in New York. I will be concentrating on a lot of brands from there that I believe in. But to be honest, I don't think Haji Lane has many multi-brand boutiques. There's only White Room if you think about it. Niche is streetwear.

FYI, I didn't jump on the bandwagon like you'd think I would. I came to haji lane when the CDG store was just open. I came to the neighbourhood to take photographs. It was a Saturday morning and it was depressing as hell because nothing was open and it was just dead. It's changed now. If I had my way I would have opened the store much earlier but it was being occupied by another tenant who wasn't paying rent on time and sometimes not paying at all so I was having trouble with my mortgage.

Hey Tweedles, when you do stop by, do make sure you point out who you are. I'm always open to discussion and feedback so feel free to let me know how I'm doing. I'm a chatty f*ck so I'm always open to discussing anything.

I will be opening the store in Haji Lane.

Don't worry, It's not just another store in Haji Lane. It's not a simple touch up job either. I have a solid concept and I am sticking to it. I am working hard to fully develop it into something that will last. Let's hope it works out.

I studied and lived in New York. I will be concentrating on a lot of brands from there that I believe in. But to be honest, I don't think Haji Lane has many multi-brand boutiques. There's only White Room if you think about it. Niche is streetwear.

Umbro by Kim Jones is carried by Front Row but I am sure you would know about that by now.

Carrying other brands would be great news. Maybe you can consider carrying brands carried by other people as well. They often do not carry full range or just carry a few pieces of same size.

Plus some discount would be nice too!

Yeah I was thinking about carrying stuff from Umbro Kim Jones but I might not do that anymore because I don't want to showcase stuff that people are already doing. And I'm sure they wouldn't like that either (consumers and sellers). Plus front row already focus on carrying the majority of the line as opposed to individual pieces. But last I heard they are going to focus only on Kim Jones and stay away from the Kim Jones Umbro. We'll see how that works out.

Discount. Yeah I'm sure I will work that in somehow. I am just wanting to get started so I can really show the concept and see how people respond to it. It's also going to function as a gallery space upstairs so I am eager to bring my boys down from Jakarta and let them do their thing to gain some exposure.

Thank you buzzed. I appreciate the support. It's tough doing this on my own but for the sake of this culture we are a part of, I decided to jump in head first and worry about the other shit later.

I will definitely let all of you know when it opens. I'm sure we can shoot the shit with each other over a few cold beers and discuss the local scene.

Yeah I was thinking about carrying stuff from Umbro Kim Jones but I might not do that anymore because I don't want to showcase stuff that people are already doing. And I'm sure they wouldn't like that either (consumers and sellers). Plus front row already focus on carrying the majority of the line as opposed to individual pieces. But last I heard they are going to focus only on Kim Jones and stay away from the Kim Jones Umbro. We'll see how that works out.

Discount. Yeah I'm sure I will work that in somehow. I am just wanting to get started so I can really show the concept and see how people respond to it. It's also going to function as a gallery space upstairs so I am eager to bring my boys down from Jakarta and let them do their thing to gain some exposure.

Hi there!

Not totally sure about Kim Jones by Umbro. I know Blackjack is carrying them as well but I do not know whether they got it from Front Row or are they 'parallel importers'. Black jack is also carrying Phillip Treacy by Umbro too.

Yeah I saw it a while ago. Went down to the Orchard Area but as soon as the chlostrophobia set in I had to leave. But yeah Blackjack was parallel importing I think.

Blackjack is interesting. They even got Evisus and at sale prices, pretty reasonable. God knows all the good cuts and sizes were gone in Red Wolves come sales time.

They also bring in some nice wrangler, while Club 21 Men did bring in CDG's guerilla series and Neil Barrett's Puma Line (23 Hours or something).

So some could be parallel importing but others are in fact brought in due to some arrangement with the so called main distributors. At times, during sales, their prices can be cheaper than those so called main distributors.

As for Black Jack being claustrophobic, I dont think so compared to the ladies section which was full of railings stuffed with so many clothes!

Yeah I meant the orchard area on weekends. Not Black Jack. I get antsy when I see so many people around. I just have to deal with it I guess. I wasn't talking about inside Black Jack. I think Black Jack is nicely sized and it's a real interesting store. Good clean space with a lot of interesting stuff. I'm a fan of the Cabane De Zucca stuff. That shit is off the hook and definitely needs to be picked up when on sale.

Yeah I meant the orchard area on weekends. Not Black Jack. I get antsy when I see so many people around. I just have to deal with it I guess. I wasn't talking about inside Black Jack. I think Black Jack is nicely sized and it's a real interesting store. Good clean space with a lot of interesting stuff. I'm a fan of the Cabane De Zucca stuff. That shit is off the hook and definitely needs to be picked up when on sale.

Ya Cabane looks nice but the Tshirt seems to have its prints stuck on by some fancy method (which gives it a rough surface feel) which may peel after repeated washing. So I passed on it. Still remember one T-shirt 2 seasons ago with some sea gull print. Cool!

As for crowds, yup it does get crowded during sales time. Best to go when the shop just opened.

surri - good to hear...when does the store open?

i know that the place is definitely more alive now, it's just that i don't want it to become another ann siang (which is cool, but so pretentious these days). for me the best bits of the area were always off haji lane, blujaz next door at bali lane, straits records (now at bali), and samar at baghdad st. and the cheap and good coffeeshops. the uncle at house of japan always said hi when i went in; now there's 2, 3, whiteroom, niche, and god knows what else - and none of them say hi. too cool for customers now, apparently?

but if your store has a good concept, prices, and selection, something fresh, and nice staff i'll definitely keep going back :)

this isn't really a supermarket thread anymore, haha...

surri - good to hear...when does the store open?

now there's 2, 3, whiteroom, niche, and god knows what else - and none of them say hi. too cool for customers now, apparently?

Hi!

You got a good point!

I visited some of these shops and despite no one being in the shop, the sales assistant was too busy looking at their laptops.

I would think a smaller boutique would have better and personable service than the bigger ones in more swanky locale but alas!

TIP speaketh the truth.

those folks nidta get the stick outta their ass and do their work. ie. tend to the customers with a smile. they shld take a lesson from the dude at actually.

anyway,

surri, you sound like you got a decent game plan.

but you really need to work hard to differentiate your product as the market in singapore is nearing saturation point.

Store should be open by the end of March/beginning of April. Renovations start after CNY.

Yeah, having lived in NYC and having to put up with shit from the dicks at Seven, Alife, Supreme, Nom De Guerre, BBlessing, The Vice Store, etc, etc (the list goes on and on), I still don't have an ounce of pretentiousness in me. I guess I learnt how NOT to treat customers down there. Funny though, because some people felt that that was part of their gameplan and still didn't mind going in and purchasing stuff.

As for Haji Lane, I'd probably say that some employees are shy. I think it takes time to warm up to people on the job maybe. Not sure though. But yeah, the dude from Actually is a good person. He was real friendly last time I went in there. By the way, the Dr Denim shits are pretty cool. I'm sure you guys will notice a similar vibe at my place. If not, just come up to me and beat me over the head and remind me I said this shit on this date.

As for sneakers, I will be focusing on them in more detail on the second floor.

In terms of differentiation, I am really focusing on brands from the US and others that are more fashion oriented but with slight street inspiration. More Independent labels from innovative thinkers on a budget.

Hi, don't worry you won't see that hypebeast-ish stuff. I'm straying as far away from everything of that sort. To be honest I would rather keep it on the down low so you people can enjoy it more when the store opens up. I would rather you guys see the product as a whole when it is completed. But yes as a matter of fact, I will be carrying Rag and Bone. I only sourced a few styles but I hope you all respond to it well.

Again, don't worry, I would not want to waste my time opening up a store here and having to represent supreme and alife and the lot of hypebeast brands. I would rather give careful time and consideration to the brands that do deserve all the attention so that all of us who actually do care about art, design and culture as a whole can have a space to depend on. I value your feedback so please feel free later on to suggest what you guys want to see other than what I have in store.