Iron Heart Modified

lowrider

I was going to suggest getting the belt through Rebirth on Rakuten but it looks like they are out. Too bad, would have been cheaper.

Actually, we plan on selling the belts and shirts for about the same as Japanese retail.

:)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definately liking the lined pockets, an added bit of quality. Leather patch looks good but personally would like to have seen the motorcycle motif retained somehow.

Agreed. The motorcycle motif was a very cool distinguishing characteristic from other jp brands, and since they've clearly retained motorcycle influences elsewhere (for example, on their website), it's mysterious why they didn't incorporate a motorcycle image into these modifications. Kiya?

ironheart.co.uk said that these were 'proposed' desgins, hopefully meaning that this is an ever-evolving process, and these changes are not fixed. If you can read this Ironheart, my vote is to bring back the bikes.

I'll be the next to say "get rid of the arcuates..."

The little W can stay...but as I said before...the denim is sexy enough to leave bare...you don't need anything extra like a wavey-crooning back-pocket stitch design.

Can you really call them "arcuates" since they bear little or no resemblance to the levis ones? Can the word Arcuate be used for any back pocket stitching design?

I still stand by my opinion that the stitching on the back pocket is a pretty small detail and agree with the poster who stated that you can always just remove it...

The designs are not totally final, the back leather patch is probably final, but not the rear pocket stitchings.

There are a few different options right now, the next delivery of the Selvedge straight leg (634S) being released in about a month might not have any stitching at all besides the "W"

The designs are not totally final, the back leather patch is probably final, but not the rear pocket stitchings.

There are a few different options right now, the next delivery of the Selvedge straight leg (634S) being released in about a month might not have any stitching at all besides the "W"

I think it's better w/o the stitching. Less is more.

The lined pockets are a new thing.

Iron Heart is always in the search of ways to make their jeans more sturdy and hold up against the test of time.

The SEXIH will not have lined pockets, full specs are on the first page of the "Iron Heart News" page...

Can you really call them "arcuates" since they bear little or no resemblance to the levis ones? Can the word Arcuate be used for any back pocket stitching design?

I still stand by my opinion that the stitching on the back pocket is a pretty small detail and agree with the poster who stated that you can always just remove it...

True...I was used to referring to the original Levi'ish stitching on the Iron Hearts (as arcuates)...but yea...I said it in the both Iron Heart threads...if there was any back pocket stitching, I'd simply have them removed. But if the jeans came "bare assed"...things would be so much simpler heh.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got in word that the next batch of the Iron Heart Selvedge Straight 634S will only have a the sideways red "W" on the right pocket, no arcuates.

These should be hitting stores by March 2 or so.

Oh, there's no bikes on the finished ones...

They've created a new tag and have left the bikes off the tag.

Ergh! So Kiya, even this new patch pictured with the single bike isn't the finished product?

http://www.ironheart.jp/voice/images/modify/modify10.jpg

Why has IH turned their back on the bikes?

At this point it is up to the gods of denim to decide if there is a bike on the patch. Maybe one bike, maybe five bikes, maybe no bike.

• 4 weeks later...

That's the patch for the 461 (bootcut), the patch for the 634S (straight leg selvedge) is to be seen here:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=71&products_id=205