football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

Yeah, I know, and with Gallas' return still highly uncertain. I'd like to see us beat them at the Emirates, since they've been very inconsistent away from home this season, but on their own turf it would take some serious tactical nouse to unsettle them. I'm a deep admirer of Wenger, but I've always felt he's tactically naive in a way that lets the team down on big occasions. It's all very well to say go out and play Wengerball, and obviously that works against weaker sides, but it's not much cop if you don't get a sniff of possession. I'll settle for an honorable defeat, but I don't think a win over two legs is impossible if we can unsettle them at the grove. Tickets aren't on sale yet, but I'm sorely tempted.

Yeah, I know, and with Gallas' return still highly uncertain. I'd like to see us beat them at the Emirates, since they've been very inconsistent away from home this season, but on their own turf it would take some serious tactical nouse to unsettle them. I'm a deep admirer of Wenger, but I've always felt he's tactically naive in a way that lets the team down on big occasions. It's all very well to say go out and play Wengerball, and obviously that works against weaker sides, but it's not much cop if you don't get a sniff of possession. I'll settle for an honorable defeat, but I don't think a win over two legs is impossible if we can unsettle them at the grove. Tickets aren't on sale yet, but I'm sorely tempted.

fucking buy a ticket man! i really hope gallas makes it back in time and i would have much rather seen this draw in the final. but it will be nice seeing the two teams that are renowned for their "beautiful" football to go head to head. but i agree with everything you said. it will be tough as hell. i wander what the spanish press will conjure up about cesc's "barcelona dna" and all that bullshit.

yea, red card = automatic 4-1 comeback victory with no effort needed. :rolleyes:

I take your point; massive effort by fulham, but the sending off was a turning point obviously.

1-1 on the night, captain/ most experienced defender sent off, and i quote the BBC website, "harshly", after only 27 minutes.

i wander what the spanish press will conjure up about cesc's "barcelona dna" and all that bullshit.

same stuff as happened with thierry henry and whoops, those turned out to be true:). wonder if that guy who invaded the pitch just to put a barca shirt on him will be back

also this time, try to keep your starting gk on the pitch for more than a few minutes:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeah? I'm not sure I share your admiration. Any manager who ships out the greatest defender in the world, underachieves with three of the best attacking outside number 10s in the game (ribery/robben/schweinsteiger) at his disposal, and only beats an understrength viola on a Tom Henning Øvervbo shocker while struggling for dominance as by far the most wealthy club in the wonderful, but, let's face it, highly (in continental terms) uncompetitive Bundesliga does not cut it in my book. I may hate ManUre, but I sympathise with their fans in this Glazer horrorshow (god forbid Usmanov ever gets his hands on my gunners) and, not to fuck about, I hate those Bavarian scumbags even more.

Except for Beckenbauer.

He was a lovely player.

fucking buy a ticket man!

Going down to grove on monday AM to see what ticket status is saying, also putting out feelers to my inside connects. It's easy to get tickets for group stage, but I've never managed it for knockout phase before. Also whacked down some money at the bookies on an gooner victory over two legs, got great odds, reckoned it was worth a punt :)

niceeeee. well i hope you get tickets.

good victory today for the gunners. thought vermaelen's red was really harsh. he was clumsy going into the guy. yellow and a penalty is what it should've been now. we have to cope without gallas and vermaelan for 3 games. hopefully song plays back with campbell. fuck silvestre. overall, great victory. 10 men don't mean shit.

niceeeee. well i hope you get tickets.

good victory today for the gunners. thought vermaelen's red was really harsh. he was clumsy going into the guy. yellow and a penalty is what it should've been now. we have to cope without gallas and vermaelan for 3 games. hopefully song plays back with campbell. fuck silvestre. overall, great victory. 10 men don't mean shit.

vermaelen is only out 1 game since it's a professional foul apparently. i wish it were more, haha.

fucking buy a ticket man! i really hope gallas makes it back in time and i would have much rather seen this draw in the final. but it will be nice seeing the two teams that are renowned for their "beautiful" football to go head to head. but i agree with everything you said. it will be tough as hell. i wander what the spanish press will conjure up about cesc's "barcelona dna" and all that bullshit.

Not only is this Cesc's Barc audition, this will be his Real audition. If Wenger can knock Barca out, Cesc will be feted as a king. You don't know how much Madrid hates the idea of Barca going to Bernabeau to be crowned European Champ.

This will be even worse than the time Pool went to OT to play FA Cup semis and the plastic seats were ripped out and excrement all over the toilets.

hell yeah it is! watched the last half of the chelsea game and blackburn did a great job, their defense worked well and Drogba did not get much to do. Chelsea need to step it up, they had a rough week and must have 3 points against portsmouth, if not... bye bye