football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

Ballack’s tirade was uncalled for.

The ball hit the Barca player on the torso below his arm.

I thought Ballack did tugged the ref’s shirt when chasing him and he should get red carded for that.

Anyway, given his form, I think he will be shipped out and he can kiss his Champ League’s medal goodbye.

IF barca play like they have over these two legs, I think man u are going to hammer them

That’s actually an interesting point. Barca for all their possession, do not play well against English teams. Messi can’t score against them.

Last season, Barca can’t score against Man U at all.

Before that, Liverpool beat them even at Nou Camp.

Before that, Chelsea beat them with Hilario at home in goal and drew 2-2 at Nou Camp.

Before that, Barca beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge with 1 goal and Chelsea down to 10 men.

Before that, Chelsea beat them by scoring 3 goals early in first half.

But of course this version of Barca is supposedly better than the rest.

Barca just cant keep up with the teams the english teams that play very tactical games. Well, not many teams in europe can keep up with the tactical english game played at its best

Barca just cant keep up with the teams the english teams that play very tactical games. Well, not many teams in europe can keep up with the tactical english game played at its best

Which is why Barca after the first leg gripping about how Chelsea and the ref don’t allow them to play their attacking footie is hysterical. Anyway, Arsenal also tries to play their attacking one touch football too but you don’t see them raping their BPL colleagues. But they do rape the Europeans some time except Barca in the Champs League Finals when they man mark Henry to death.

If you are talking about tactical, the Italians do it better but they are not as fast paced as the English.

Anyway it should be an interesting final. Man U should win and Fergie would be the first manager to win back to back Champs League and he can finally reture.

The English teams have been appearing in so many consecutive finals so far, UEFA may try to make it tougher on them to do so.

nah but he said that if he wins champions league three years in a row he's gone at the end of next season. it's either at end of next season or the one afterwards. either way it's got me worried, those are big shoes to fill.

nah but he said that if he wins champions league three years in a row he's gone at the end of next season. it's either at end of next season or the one afterwards. either way it's got me worried, those are big shoes to fill.

Hey, he is in his 60s. He got to called it quits someday. He already did it once. But then again, he said he got nothing to do once he retires.

Anyway, names like Moyes and Jose were brandied.

But his team has now stabilized and that can only win him more silverwear. The core of Van der Sar, Rio, Vidic, Evra, Ronnie, Rooney, Carrick, Berba are good. Plus Chelsea’s squad is ageing and many of their potential buys would end up in Man City and Roman may run out of interest or money soon, Arsenal would have problems retaining their young stars and Liverpool will be in deep financial straits soon.

beauty vs the beast and im glad beauty prevailed because chelsea can just be dull to watch most of the time. hopefully henry's knee isnt anything serious and will be able to make it for rome so iniesta can drop back into his middle. it just sux barca's back four is pretty much gonna be a makeshift line with alves, abidal, and marquez out. so obviously man u have the advantage going in but im not gonna count barca out, just wish they were at full strength. anyways, ronaldo vs. messi for supremacy is good enough for me...

*a little side note, i cant believe drogba missed all of those chances(wish there was an icon of a face choking)

beauty vs the beast and im glad beauty prevailed because chelsea can just be dull to watch most of the time. hopefully henry's knee isnt anything serious and will be able to make it for rome so iniesta can drop back into his middle. it just sux barca's back four is pretty much gonna be a makeshift line with alves, abidal, and marquez out. so obviously man u have the advantage going in but im not gonna count barca out, just wish they were at full strength. anyways, ronaldo vs. messi for supremacy is good enough for me...

*a little side note, i cant believe drogba missed all of those chances(wish there was an icon of a face choking)

1. I doubt Fergie would allow Barca to play their game. Juande must be mad to allow Iniesta and Messi doing 1 2 passes down the middle of the pitch raping Real. I was surprised Juande didn’t get the sack immediately for such a humiliating defeat in god knows how many decades in the Bernabeau.

I bet Vidic and Rio and Anderson and Carrick would take turns outmuscling and kicking Messi and Iniesta all the time, Man U would have 6 to 7 men defending always and launching quick counter attacks, Ronnie diving within 30 metres of Valdez goal so he can take his free kicks. When that fails, watch for those Route 1 kicks by Van der Sar down the center and the other tactics Big Sam made famous.

I don’t think Alves is a good enough defender to take all the high balls given his size. Henry is dangerous given how many years he played against BPL teams but I think Eto’o has already mentally checked out and I suspect the Barca players don’t really like him to pass the ball to him. He was anonymous during the last 3 matches.

2. When drogba missed those chances, you would think its one of those nights where he makes up for those misses with one killer of a goal to sink Barca. I was therefore surprised to see Guus subbing him. He was not injured and the weekend’s BPL match can be put at the backburner since I think they are unlikely to pip Pool for 2nd. This should be all out or nothing and at 70th minute with Barca dominating possession and shooting at Cech’s goal at will (although headed away by JT and gang), you need all hands on deck Guus should have got rid of Anelka. Drogba is better in defending than Anelka and causes more problems for Pique and Toure.

Anyway, talking about missed chances, you must take into account his miss last week when Marquez did a wrong back pass and he was one on one with Valdez and Valdez made 2 saves to force a corner.

Drogs is the man!

He ended last season by getting a red card for slapping Vidic needlessly (and it was a weak slap) which caused JT to take the penalty which cause Chelsea the Champions League. He was injured for a long time. Came back and was suspended for throwing a coin into the crowd. Sulked as a reserve because Nico became BPL top scorer. I believe deliberately played poorly, refused to chase balls etc due to his unhappiness with Scolari, causing Chelsea to losing the BPL race and Scolari getting fired. Praised Guus like the second coming because he is Guus’ first choice striker and not Nico and now definitely will get suspended for his tirade. I bet AC and Real will be lining to get his services.

yes, berbatov doesn't have anything on either drogba or ronaldo in the sulk department.

i like how chelsea supporters conveniently overlook the unwarranted abidal sending off when whining about their dodgy penalty claims.

anyway, going back to tuesday, i so completely sympathize with this chick (100000000000):

1zfmt10.jpg

Ugh, I'm getting sick of reading all this bitching and moaning about how terrible the ref was. Seriously, Chelsea fans. You're conveniently forgetting about the red card given to Barca. You also seem to think that because two decisions that could have gone either way came out in favor of the other team, there is some sort of UEFA conspiracy against the EPL (and we all know hand ball decisions are notoriously inconsistent in UEFA football, which is something the UEFA should really look at. the rules are not exactly crystal clear).

What you REALLY should be concerned about is the fact that your players are an absolute disgrace to the sport, Drogba and Ballack in particular. There is no excuse for their behavior. Even if the ref gave your entire team a red card for farting too loud, there is no excuse for such behavior. Add to that the fact that Drogba falls like a sack of potatoes whenever a defender breaks wind within a 20 foot radius of him, and you have only yourselves to thank.

The ref most certainly did not have had the best day on the job, but he stood up to a field full of primadonna players talking back and trying to influence every decision. That alone is commendable.

Lastly, 180 minutes of defending, even if the defending rivals that of the spartans at thermopylae, still makes for shit football.

That is all. Thank you for your attention.