football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

^if they keep him,

that's true, but i'm pretty sure they'll keep him. he's on a five year contract and after his less-than-stellar performance this year i don't see anyone coughing up a transfer fee. it'll be interesting to see what happens with tevez though given his ridiculous price tag...

I think any team would be quite happy to take that ruski bastard.

ya but tottenham were within a whisker of signing him pre-season, and ended up with the lesser russian pavyluchenko instead because levy was too cheap.

i thought it'd take arshavin awhile to get used to the premier league but apparently that hasn't been a problem. i wonder if anyone's ever scored 4 at anfield...

You know, I did some research, and I don't think this has happened before (at least in recent history). Viduka scored 4 against Pool at Leeds in 2000. Owen and Fowler have scored 4 at home. But I don't think anyone has scored 4 against Liverpool at Anfield (though it's possible that it's happened way back in the day).

You know, I did some research, and I don't think this has happened before (at least in recent history). Viduka scored 4 against Pool at Leeds in 2000. Owen and Fowler have scored 4 at home. But I don't think anyone has scored 4 against Liverpool at Anfield (though it's possible that it's happened way back in the day).

Julio Baptista scored four as Arsenal routed Liverpool to seal a Carling Cup semi-final...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/league_cup/6236687.stm

thanks for looking into it! now to watch today's games...1 hour and counting.

Everton definitely got cheated out of a PK there...

Disappointing match really. Ref is making all sorts of strange calls and the pitch seems weird (ridiculous amounts of bounce and people keep slipping all over the place).

Surprised Portsmouth is only down 1. That's got to be disappointing for United, they're supposed to be steamrolling right now.

update: ended on 0-0. Boring. Wish I could get the 90 minutes of my life back.

240x.jpg

also, lololololololol