football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

champions league drawing at noon today.

after yesterdays showing i'm sure liverpool will get a fucked up group and the scum will get some easy shit as always. if i stop posting after one of the champions league matches you can safely assume that my heart finally stopped.

haha, the scum have to travel the farthest and will get the most lumps kicked out of them. they may yet need to put in the electric fence at the bridge for chelsea/roma

did ajax stack it in qualification? i honestly have been paying no attention

dutch have a retarded system. they have a playoff for everything so fc twente won that and we all know who they played

BATE had a fantastic draw, Real and Juve. Fucking brilliant!

CSKA London has to play CFR, another team built on Roman's wallet.

Celtic, Villarreal and Scum looks like an interesting group as well as group F.

I'm fairly happy with Liverpool's draw. We played PSV and the frog eaters last season but Atl. will be touch after what they did to Schalke. Nice for Fernando to go back to the old club.

this years CL is fucked, no dutch teams, 2 romanian ones and one from belarus and a cypriot. mental.

Liverpool is in pretty much the exact same group as last year. After the debacle of yesterday, im fully expecting them to go out on the last match of the groups to a questionable Luis Garcia goal. Karma blows.

Bring in the play off to break up the big four I say ... as a fan of one of the clubs outside of the big four at least.

No other way any other club will make it to the champions league spot. Since so many football fans seem so keen in democratic procedure when it comes to the distrubtion of wealth and the monopoly of top players in the english league lets introduce a more random element to the premiership. Think of the reat clubs the 'chapionship' (read division 1/20 play off has given us over the years (as oppose to the statistically 3rd best team over the course of 40-odd games) ... Hull this season, Derby last season (I think for both) ... how many amount to relegation fodder.

Give us a bit of excitement and Man City/ Everton losing to Rangers/ Olympiakos on away goals over two legs I say. Remebering the days of Newcastle in the CL facing teams like Dianamo Kiev when they were proper opposition ... fuck english teams have it easy in europe these days ... any of those teams don't make it through and heads will be called for ...

'cept fergie cos he an untouchable. and a sir to boot.

Didn't realize there was a soccer thread here.

I'ma Liverpool fan and I can see them besting their group this year. It's extremely similar from last years group, ya?

Group H looks quite hard.

this years CL is fucked, no dutch teams, 2 romanian ones and one from belarus and a cypriot. mental.

Liverpool is in pretty much the exact same group as last year. After the debacle of yesterday, im fully expecting them to go out on the last match of the groups to a questionable Luis Garcia goal. Karma blows.

No dutch teams? Did you miss PSV?

would you like to make a bet that they will go out of the group? $20?

Bring in the play off to break up the big four I say ... as a fan of one of the clubs outside of the big four at least.

it's a noble sentiment but after the everton debacle it's not really realistic that that many clubs can mount a credible european campaign on a consistent basis. probably only spurs comes close to the top four in that respect.