Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

Aight real talk guys: how the fuck do you guys organize your music? I believe I asked this before but shits been getting hard as fuck. How do you organize new tracks? Do you put them in folders sorted by month? In one gigantic folder labeled by genre (ie: Electro, Grime, Disco, etc)?

you all heard the new sebastiAn?

wont be part of his album - don't really like it.

Aight real talk guys: how the fuck do you guys organize your music? I believe I asked this before but shits been getting hard as fuck. How do you organize new tracks? Do you put them in folders sorted by month? In one gigantic folder labeled by genre (ie: Electro, Grime, Disco, etc)?

I mostly download full albums. If theres a song I want, I try to get the whiole album. I try to organize my music folder with folders (so I don't get lots of single songs) and I arrange the icons by modified dates, same with itunes.

i have like 30+ gigs of music and no good way organizing it myself

its retarded, and im pretty pissed i accidentally deleted like 10 gigs of music i really wanted to keep a few days ago because of how badly it is organized.

i need a good program to sort me out. Winamp and WMP arent doing it for me.

i personally used itunes just because i have for so long, going to anything else seems like a hassle.

you can categorize by genre but you'd have to manually enter the genres to make sure they're all together (some shit is tagged already).

but as for keeping up with your own library, smart playlists are so dope. i have monthly folders with these rules. basically, if you come across a tune that was added between x/x/xx and x/x/xx, give it a 4 or 5 star rating and it will get placed in that playlist automatically. you could also add a genre rule that would sort your music further if you were to do the tagging thing beforehand.

i mainly listen to albums so that's just a matter of dragging the whole thing into a "best of" albums playlist, not sure how to make that more efficient really.

33jk8p2.png

my stuff is a mess as well, if i download like 20 or more tracks at a time i'll put them in a folder w/ the month or date but other than that i just throw them all in one folder

i personally used itunes just because i have for so long, going to anything else seems like a hassle.

you can categorize by genre but you'd have to manually enter the genres to make sure they're all together (some shit is tagged already).

but as for keeping up with your own library, smart playlists are so dope. i have monthly folders with these rules. basically, if you come across a tune that was added between x/x/xx and x/x/xx, give it a 4 or 5 star rating and it will get placed in that playlist automatically. you could also add a genre rule that would sort your music further if you were to do the tagging thing beforehand.

i mainly listen to albums so that's just a matter of dragging the whole thing into a "best of" albums playlist, not sure how to make that more efficient really.

thanks for the protip on making playlists. but how do you organize your music files into folders? do you just dump all your music downloads into a huge folder and use iTunes to sort it? or do you make separate folders and iTunes from there?

weird to see crookers changing up their sets like that.. i can't blame them though, there's really good stuff in there. i wonder if their production will follow suit.

fuse is huge

HAHA I looked over that tracklisting twice and was like WTF. I bet it was kinda a one off thing. Looks good though!

thanks for the protip on making playlists. but how do you organize your music files into folders? do you just dump all your music downloads into a huge folder and use iTunes to sort it? or do you make separate folders and iTunes from there?

i let itunes sort my shit. everything copies to the external it runs off of. i used to navigate via folders back in highschool, went to itunes when i got an ipod. either works fine, i'd use what you're used to. it's all preference i think.

spaceman how the fuck are you still alive w/o an ipod of some sort? don't tell me you got a zune....

i let itunes sort my shit. everything copies to the external it runs off of. i used to navigate via folders back in highschool, went to itunes when i got an ipod. either works fine, i'd use what you're used to. it's all preference i think.

spaceman how the fuck are you still alive w/o an ipod of some sort? don't tell me you got a zune....

Haha I don't have an ipod either because I'm pretty sure someone stole it a while ago but I use itunes for everything. I had all my music on one external then backed up the library on another external. The one that was connected thru itunes died and then once I reloaded it all, my entire playlists were fucked so I had to restart. I approached it this way,

First I made 4 playlist folders, blogs, genre, label, mixes. I then organize my blog folder by month and make playlists for each blog that I download from but I dont even use blogs that much anymore so I use this least. I made a folder with playlists of all my old mixes and crates I used to sort thru and then sorted all those songs into the genre folder with playlists for each genre. I tried to weed out the massive amounts of tracks that I had in my folders before by only putting songs that I would play out or that I really liked. I also have a monthly playlist where I put songs that I'm into for that month regardless of genre and that usually changes month to month depending on what sound I'm listening to at the moment. Organizing music is a bitch but I feel like I'm finally at the point where I can access my good music easily and it makes dj'ing a lot more fun

Haha I don't have an ipod either because I'm pretty sure someone stole it a while ago but I use itunes for everything. I had all my music on one external then backed up the library on another external. The one that was connected thru itunes died and then once I reloaded it all, my entire playlists were fucked so I had to restart. I approached it this way,

First I made 4 playlist folders, blogs, genre, label, mixes. I then organize my blog folder by month and make playlists for each blog that I download from but I dont even use blogs that much anymore so I use this least. I made a folder with playlists of all my old mixes and crates I used to sort thru and then sorted all those songs into the genre folder with playlists for each genre. I tried to weed out the massive amounts of tracks that I had in my folders before by only putting songs that I would play out or that I really liked. I also have a monthly playlist where I put songs that I'm into for that month regardless of genre and that usually changes month to month depending on what sound I'm listening to at the moment. Organizing music is a bitch but I feel like I'm finally at the point where I can access my good music easily and it makes dj'ing a lot more fun

what blogs do you go to? lately ive been hitting up electro-neko