Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

oh...i did not know that you needed an account to download. i'll just upload when the cd's come in. prob not for a while cause they are coming from berlin.

its all good. shoulda said that, i assume others might have gotten the message, but whatever.

hey j, i dunno if you're into deep house or like some good groove kinda stuff, i dunno how to classify it because im still new at this whole electronic music thing, but you should check out the backlogs on my buddy's radio show @ wnyu

http://wnyu.org/archives?c=tabletennis

http://www.myspace.com/radiotabletennis

he doesn't have anything on his myspace since its backlogged on the wnyu site, so check it out. its pretty eclectic.

help! i need these (bolded):

Tracklisting:

A1 No Brain No HeartA2 Psychic HarmoniaA3 Smash Your HeadB1 Walk Of The DeadB2 Do They Ever Return ?B3 Warm Leatherette

and

ADriving This Road Until Death Sets You FreeBDriving This Road Until Death Sets You Free (Joakim Remix)

thanks guys. if you got these you are cool.

its all good. shoulda said that, i assume others might have gotten the message, but whatever.

hey j, i dunno if you're into deep house or like some good groove kinda stuff, i dunno how to classify it because im still new at this whole electronic music thing, but you should check out the backlogs on my buddy's radio show @ wnyu

http://wnyu.org/archives?c=tabletennis

http://www.myspace.com/radiotabletennis

he doesn't have anything on his myspace since its backlogged on the wnyu site, so check it out. its pretty eclectic.

thanks jeep. not really into deep house anymore, but i will check it out.

thanks jeep. not really into deep house anymore, but i will check it out.

word. he originally billed it as deep house, but he's since expanded. unfortunately, depending on when he's feeling it or not, the show never has a good consistency. plus he does it 1-3am on wednesdays, so its a bit of an odd time.

what's the deal with posting music in culture again? carl gave me an infraction, but i never really paid attention to it or his comments (who does?).

are we only allowed to share mp3s by those flamers the pixies and smiths??

what's the deal with posting music in culture again? carl gave me an infraction, but i never really paid attention to it or his comments (who does?).

are we only allowed to share mp3s by those flamers the pixies and smiths??

they don't want to deal with people biting their steez, aka, getting sufu in trouble for posting links to things they themselves do not carry the rights to be giving out (for free downloads) (music that is)

jmatsu, please pm them to me?

myspace wont let me download the tracks.

see? its not only me. jmat, pm me and sean these trizzacks.

jmatsu, this group you posted is pretty tight good mix of hard beats and italo influence. i'm glad i understand the basics of myspace.

as for metro area... there are few groups that excite me as consistnely as metro area, but instrumental for the win in this case. also, erodyne is sick.

quick question -- is Girl Talk a proper DJ? I went to his myspace and someone posted pics of him playing a venue... with a laptop... no turntables in sight. I think he's the most overhyped shit ever and I've been trying to get my friends off his nuts and at the very least into Diplo, who is infinitely more talented in my opinion

quick question -- is Girl Talk a proper DJ? I went to his myspace and someone posted pics of him playing a venue... with a laptop... no turntables in sight. I think he's the most overhyped shit ever and I've been trying to get my friends off his nuts and at the very least into Diplo, who is infinitely more talented in my opinion

im_not_a_dj.jpg

im_not_a_dj.jpg

okay well that answers my question... so I guess that only furthers my point that he is overhyped. I think anybody can sit down on their computer and pick apart 15 different songs to make a new one. it's just really fucking corny that people pay to go to his shows if it's just him posted up with a computer and pre-recorded shit

okay well that answers my question... so I guess that only furthers my point that he is overhyped. I think anybody can sit down on their computer and pick apart 15 different songs to make a new one. it's just really fucking corny that people pay to go to his shows if it's just him posted up with a computer and pre-recorded shit

Is that really how his shows are? :confused:

While it's true that what he doesn't really require any exceptional musical ability his shows are always fun. It's not just him sitting up there fiddling around with a laptop, it's more like everyone just going crazy and dancing around.

6yyc5me.png

oh and lots of corny white girls

t's not just him sitting up there fiddling around with a laptop, it's more like everyone just going crazy and dancing around.

for all the wrong reasons, son! just cause everybody in connecticut loves dave matthews band doesn't make it good! wait.. since I have never experienced one of his shows, nor do I plan to, could someone tell us exactly what it is he does? I highly doubt he remixes shit in an intricate manner on the fly. how the hell does he even blend the songs together without any sort of mixer? unless it's software-based?

basically it looks like a dance party I could throw myself with winamp or itunes or some shit. check out the pictures... he has a standard stereo cable plugged into his laptop's headphone jack -- PREMIUM SOUNDZ

Man, I missed some crazy corn by hitting up Justice instead of Girl Talk there. I caught like the last 4 minutes of this set, it was pretty insane in that tent.

Yeah, I caught all of Justice from pretty close and missed most of his set :(

but all the other times I've seen him have been just as fun as the tail end of his set.

His thoughts on the manner:

Gregg: I use a program called Audiomulch Live and the way I set it up is very similar to Ableton. I've been using it for years and actually once I saw Ableton it was kinda like... I'm manipulating this program Audiomulch to behave in the way Ableton is already set up. So once I saw it, it was like... I might transition over to it eventually. But yeah, basically the way you use Ableton, (because alot of people are familiar with that) the way you set up a bunch of loops, make a bunch of beats and get everything mashed up... then kinda perform mixing and matching and cutting it up on the fly. That's roughly what I do with the program.

Bronques: So, everything that we see live is like really live?

Gregg: Yeah yeah, that's the thing I think people take for granted a lot of the time... the fact that... I like people to interact with me and people to push me around, pour drinks on my head and I like to dance with people... but actually, you know, I'm not up there clicking the mouse with the same stuff looping over and over again. So every time you hear an actual change I am actually doing that.

Take it how you will.

i went to his show early last year and i seriously had no idea that was him. we were a little late and i saw this dude clicking away on a laptop, i thought i showed up inbetween bands or some shit. sooo fucking boring. this is coming from a dj stand point. i expected him to do some work... i mean ableton is all in-time, everything is mapped out before hand. selecting loops couldn't be that hard. but then again, what other way could he perform live?

also, four tet uses audiomulch too. except he uses 2 laptops and 2 samplers. a little more live i feel like.

lame5yd9.jpg

budgest dj might have skills on laptops, but he don't got skills in the styling department. he dress like my dad over 30 years ago. i don't like the tie either.

the girl in the yellow pants is chubz and uggz too. girltalk suck cock.