Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

Wow this is a tough question for me because I love listening to essential mixes. Lets see, some of my most essential, essential mixes are:

Radio Soulwax - 2005

Boys Noize - 2009

DJ Zinc - 2009

Tiga - 2009

Crookers - 2008 (Benga - Pleasure was the first dub I ever heard)

Fake Blood - 2009

Digitalism - 2007 (nostalgia points)

And the worst that I've ever heard has to be Deadmau5. It was the biggest bore since he only played his own tunes for 2 hours which I think is the complete opposite of what an essential mix should be. Fake Blood and Radio soulwax alternate for my #1 spot though depending on my mood.

hey kids. i'm coming to nyc with my girlfriend for a week. we're looking for some nightlife suggestions, especially ones we can drown our tears into some overpriced cocktails on the night of transverse temporal gyrus because we missed the tickets. places that play electro/indie stuff that are not megadouchey crobar style are preferred.

and if anyone can shout out a beer bar, that'd be cool.

love and cupcakes

your friend

check out webster on friday nights (partially douchey) or germs also on friday at europa in brooklyn, messerole & manhattan i think. also umm ella on wednesdays (hit or miss) soho grand thursday, tribeca grand saturday, also santos party house is usually pretty dope fri/sat, depends on the lineup though.

which one is better for EDM

waffles or what.cd?

which one is easiest to get a invite?

im liking wolfgang gartner. he used to produce deep house under another name. he found sobriety and make more drug influence music now.

blog post with a couple tracks

http://thefmly.com/2010/02/08/say-yes/

also feeling this blog. all 320's and very good descriptions of tracks. http://www.danideahl.com/wordpress/

check out webster on friday nights (partially douchey) or germs also on friday at europa in brooklyn, messerole & manhattan i think. also umm ella on wednesdays (hit or miss) soho grand thursday, tribeca grand saturday, also santos party house is usually pretty dope fri/sat, depends on the lineup though.

the masterminds who conjured up brooklyn decided to make TWO manhattan x meserole intersections. make sure you go to manhattan x meserole in greenpoint and not the one in williamsburg/bushwick if you're looking to go to europa..

which one is better for EDM

waffles or what.cd?

which one is easiest to get a invite?

tbh there seems to be more on what.cd, and releases usually hit there first, but i'm more partial to waffles. i can send an invite to waf once they open back up if you'd like.

what the fuck?

33c20ia.png

"Pass grants access to the following parties:

* Benny Benassi + Friends at Mansion on March 23

* 15 Years of Ovum with Josh Wink at Shine at The Shelborne Beach Resort on March 24

* Djmag Recession Sessions 2 at The Pool at The Shelborne Beach Resort on March 24

* Fedde Le Grand Miami Takeover at Cameo on March 25

* Cadenza v. Desolat at The Pool at The Shelborne Beach Resort on March 25

* One Night Only at Karu & Y on March 26

* Dim Mak Records ft. Fischerspooner, Afrojack, Shinichi Osawa and more at Lois at Gansevoort South on March 26

* Stelth Live ft. Roger Sanchez, Avicii and more at SET on March 27

* Pryda at SET on March 28

* This is... Little Mountain Rocks with Sander at Shine at The Shelborne Beach Resort on March 28 "

anyone making it down this year?