Viktor Jeans (Bespoke from the Philippines)

jubei

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

man i cant wait to get my pair this sunday! im sorta scared though cuz i did the measurements through my pop when he was in the shop so i hope they are nice. i fucked up with the length though i told them to make it to a 31 inch inseam i should of said 33 just in case they shrink up when i soak. or should i even soak em?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

err kinda yeah cause for me he's rally ripping people off his cheapest pair is like 100 dollars ( the least youll pay for a pair of his jeans) even though its bespoke id rather get ma a pair of apc's over at shangrila .. hehehe and to top it all off he's using locally made cloth ( well not all)

i know people who know INO and all i have to say is that people who can afford biktor jeans are the only peolples who can afford biktor jeans.

you gotta make your make cheese somehow in philippines so i aint mad at him.

his jeans are probably the highest quality jeans that come from manila. which is the good and sad thing about them. i always thought his jeans were cheap, i thought wrong. i myself wouldnt want his shit unless he gave it to me.

Update from OP:

After having worn them for maybe a month total (I've had them since december but b/c of work and other jeans, haven't worn them all that much) My review:

The Bad:

100% cotton threads = not so sturdy

Denim stretches like crazy around the waist... can't wear these guys without a belt anymore

The Good:

Still dark (which is more because of my lack of wear, but I only really wear them going out, not really for handiwork)

Fit - I'm still really in love with this fit. It's the most "fashiony" out of all my jeans so it definitely gets the job done when the situation calls for something like that. They're flashy enough that people notice them and ask me where they come from, which is a plus :)

Bottom line: As a Fil-Am tourist to the Philippines, I was more than happy to drop the 120 or so dollars on them. I got a fashion-forward jean and got to support a local business at the same time. I agree that his business model probably won't last too long with Filipinos who live there, and his jeans are probably not as sturdy as, say, Dior or APC (which, as Edmond mentioned, are avaialble there) but I was more than happy to support a locally grown business and receive, what I feel, is still a good product.

thats good to hear frm you jubei but ripping 3rd world income people to buying his overpriced under quality jeans is really a no no i wish him karma.. he shold have opened an online store for american market swhich he can mark up the cost ...( export) and give the local market a 3rd world price..( im sorry but id rather pay a european /jap brand/designer 120 us dollars for a pair of jeans or watsoever than giving it to a trying hard ripp off im sorry but this is my take on this)

well, I guess I can agree to disagree with you Edmond. I think we see eye to eye on the issue of price for the local Filipino market (there's no way he can stay afloat with business from home at those prices)

my only problem with your argument is that some of the Europeans contract out their work to other, less developed countries anyway... so wouldn't you be paying the same prices for the same product? I think APC is now made in Tunisia and I can't imagine that the resources they have are much better than the Philippines (in fact, the Philippines is one of the most expensive places to contract work to, as a lot of their workers are highly skilled)

yeah filipino's are highly skileld but they need an iron fist to move on their work.. most of the personnel i have are highly skilled but i still need a supervisor ( extra overhead cost) to oversee my so called highly skilled workers" anyways yeah i know but man id rather pay a " branded" jeans than a locally made social climber low class/quality denim ..

id rather pay a " branded" jeans than a locally made social climber low class/quality denim ..

this is exactly why the counterfeit market is so rampant and why a local high-end apparel/fashion industry does not exist in our country.

viktor jeans could source denim from kaihara, buy a shitload of union specials and hide rivets up the hooha and you'd still think it was shit, just because of what it says on the tag.

but if Ino was white or japanese and outsourced to cambodia you'd be all over that shit.

fucking filipino crab mentality.

this is exactly why the counterfeit market is so rampant and why a local high-end apparel/fashion industry does not exist in our country.

viktor jeans could source denim from kaihara, buy a shitload of union specials and hide rivets up the hooha and you'd still think it was shit, just because of what it says on the tag.

but if Ino was white or japanese and outsourced to cambodia you'd be all over that shit.

fucking filipino crab mentality.

ae you one of his fans?

ok i will but really now i have a pair of viktor's pre-podium store one's it didnt got my laid... gay guys just kept looking up my ass... bye see you guys over at the sam thread!