Hair Products

Anton

No hate, but really need help over here.

Just cut my hair and had it permed. Need recommendation on what kind of hair products to have that natural volume look like Kimura Takuya's hair.

I tried using the red colored gatsby product for "permed hair" (which I think is more to the female side since the models are female) but it looks a bit to wet and makes my hair looks flat, it has 2 stars btw. And when I tried using the "volume hair" (red colored ones too) its looks ok, but it makes my hair looks really dry.

Are the shiseido ones or any European branded ones any good?

For moving rubber, hair wax/clay,etc, use hair dryer on high heat, then after you get the basic structure, set it on cool air and low speed and just slightly blow to set the hair in place. Don't use too much cool air because all that hair product is heat activated so you want your hair to be a little warm.

I did all that blow your hair upwards, and use the heat on the dryer. I usually get the look I want for around 2 hours, then it all looks plain flat again after that. :(

yeah the twists, is fobby standard. i just like some of the hair cut styles they have.i got to grow my hair out more.:(

Mannnn.. in those vids, those ppl take FOREVER to do their hair. Personally, I think the hairstyle in the vids are too extreme too. Too "dragon-ball"-ish or fobby. Isn't that style out-dated nowadays in North America?

...Or maybe I'm just assimilated more into the "clean cut" side of "style" with my liking of just a simple plain tee and jeans nowadays.

I did all that blow your hair upwards, and use the heat on the dryer. I usually get the look I want for around 2 hours, then it all looks plain flat again after that. :(

Try using a "freeze" spray at the end of styling? It should do what it's name implies lol.

Im thinking of trying the moving rubber all you guys are ranting bout here, but im bit worried that its just gonna be same product, different packaging and slogan that mandom is trying to pull.

Since Ive got like a dozen of different wax/clay that feels bout the same just with different packagings.:mad:

Try using a "freeze" spray at the end of styling? It should do what it's name implies lol.

axtsang, the thought of that did cross my mind. But I cant imagine spraying my hair like that, the thoughts of old granny going to a wedding party with that do and all those spraying scares me.:P

Besides, it be hard to sleep with that excessive sprays and wax on your hair, no?

have a question here, you guys wash off your hair before going to bed? I used to wash my hair everyday, but now my stylist told me that its better to wash your hair once every 2-3 days.:eek:

sounds gross,but your hair dresser probably pertaining to the fact the hair produces natural oils that help maintains prevents it from getting dry.

a

have a question here, you guys wash off your hair before going to bed? I used to wash my hair everyday, but now my stylist told me that its better to wash your hair once every 2-3 days.:eek:

...Or maybe I'm just assimilated more into the "clean cut" side of "style" with my liking of just a simple plain tee and jeans nowadays.

I think my hairstyle is considered clean cut and it takes me around 20 mins to get it looking perfect.

Such a bitch to style it, plus having the patience.

At least we ain't got to worry about make up like girls do.

I think my hairstyle is considered clean cut and it takes me around 20 mins to get it looking perfect.

Certainly. And since I favor long-ish hair more, I am in the process of growing my hair similar to your shape and what not.

Hairstyle I had late 2005 that I came across:

hair2005mw2.jpg

(dusty mirror)

Btw, where are you these days, Pogi?!?

Nice faux-hawk. I wish my face was the typical long, narrow Asian type, but I have a very broad, masculine jaw so mohawks and such are out for me. I need soft, hanging bangs or my head looks like a block.

Anyways, sold my grunge matt to a pal, and picked up the black ultra hard styling wax. Apparently every drugstore/supermarket in Singapore has literally tons of the old stuff, for USD 6. I had to stock up.

Any tips on how to style the back like below besides using a 270 deg mirror? Styling the front always has been easy but the back often kills me.

bombhead_monsters_hair_works_08198.jpg

I personally think it isn't about what product you use or how you use it - but rather, how the hair is cut. The hair, once washed and dried, should at least somehow resemble the style you want (or at least have a similar shape) to allow potential for styling to the desired style. Having said that, it should be obvious of how essential the quality of your haircut and stylist is. If you have a thick, ugly cut haircut, it doesn't matter how much time you spend adding in a plethora of products, it won't turn out anywhere near nice.

Any tips on how to style the back like below besides using a 270 deg mirror? Styling the front always has been easy but the back often kills me.

http://www.bombhead.com/bbs/data/monsters_hair_works/bombhead_monsters_hair_works_08198.jpg

Position your hand like a claw and pull it outwards. For the top part (of the back), just roll it between two fingers (similar to how you would do the front).

Depending on whether or not you shampooed it, blow dry your hair but not completely dry, use anti-frizz balm to calm your hair, then use mousse to generate the part and direction, then wax and/or fiber on the tips.

Let it stand for about 5 mins, then repeat where necessary.

Why let it stand for a short bit? Your hair and product will dry a bit and you'll need to reapply to calm the hair down.