Hair Products

Anton

This thread has been really informative...Its been interesting reading the last 22 pages. xDD

Uhm, Im kind of lacking in direction...as to what I want my hair to do.

I think the picture of Rook from Gazette that had been posted earlier is the closest thing to what I want. Any suggestions as to how I could get that? I think my bangs are a big issue. To be honest Id feel silly bringing in this picture to show my hairdresser, so is there any certain terminology I could use? Should I cut more hair around my 'crown' to make it spikier? Do you think I should let the hair around my ears and the nape (is that the right word?) of my neck grow out? Should I even be posting this question in this thread?

rookjf7.gif

S'me looking tired:

dscf0005qv4.th.jpg

shinyhg2.th.jpg

Hey guys, do you have any recommendations for a non-polymer based Pomade? I was hoping to find a nice water based pomade that would be easy to wash out without having to use shampoo everyday.

I'm looking for something thats going to let me stylize my hair, but not clump it too much. My hair is pretty thin, and if you get the gel look going on, you can pretty much see through to the scalp.

Thanks!

Dude is looking for pomade, not clay

lol nahh dude is confused!

haahah he wants something to not seperate his hair and show his scalp

but washes out nicely:p

the clay lets u style ur hair without seperating it and its easy to get out;)

Alright guys, so today I went ahead and got my dark brown asian hair (filipino lol) dyed to orange

orangeiu4.png

What products should I use to keep it glossy and ORANGE? A friend told me I should use a shampoo made for dyed hair and a deep conditioner, but any specific product recommendations from you guys? Thanks.

Alright guys, so today I went ahead and got my dark brown asian hair (filipino lol) dyed to orange

orangeiu4.png

What products should I use to keep it glossy and ORANGE? A friend told me I should use a shampoo made for dyed hair and a deep conditioner, but any specific product recommendations from you guys? Thanks.

here's a tip: use hairdye and dye it brown.

you have long hair right? is this to style long hair? do you have a picture of the actual label on the container?

I don't really have long hair, more like medium-short'ish length. I really love this because it lets you style your hair easily, gives off a really really matte finish while staying light,non-greasy and doesn't have a strong smell. And of course, it holds like a mutha! By far the best hair product I've ever used. Here's how the packaging looks:

055_gb207.jpg

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/4111/orangeiu4.png

I think washing more often helps too. I wash twice/thrice a day and it turns really bright/glossy after a few weeks. (even though mine was a much darker color than yours) Yours was bleached first, right?

Why are you not sure about them? Vidal Sassoon is probably the single most recognized method of cutting hair. If I were you, I would definitely go to either VS or BB. Choose depending on the kind of hair you want. If you want something precise, or tight looking, go with VS. If you want something loose, go with BB. If you have a preference for scissor vs. razor cut hair, VS does not use razors, whereas BB does. I'm pretty sure Nick Arojo is in NY aswell, they are quite known for razor cutting.

here's a tip: use hairdye and dye it brown.

Sarcasm aside, that'd just take me back to square one.

I think washing more often helps too. I wash twice/thrice a day and it turns really bright/glossy after a few weeks. (even though mine was a much darker color than yours) Yours was bleached first, right?

I don't even think the guy bleached it. It was at some Chinese salon where the dude didn't know what "bleach" was. He just put like 3 layers of shit on my hair. What shampoo do you use? Do you use any leave-in deep conditioner?

I used pantene clarifying shampoo and dove conditioner. I almost always get a conditioner/ hot-oil after a dye, 'cos my hair feels like crap usually.

The thing is I want to preserve the original color that was dyed. But my frequent washing will brighten it no matter what...

I bought this shampoo/conditioner in the Philippines that works wonders on my dry, damaged, thick hair.

A bit pricy though, around $20 per bottle. They also have this clay and wax that works like gel but better because you don't have to deal with the goop. The wax is also in a deoderant-like container, making it easy to apply

Yayy. Finally found a replacement for my hair stylist of 2 loyal years whom has left to HK for good (PM if you're looking for a reasonably priced experienced and detailed hair stylist in Toronto).

Also discovered a new product in which I LOVE. Good hold, long lasting, yet flexible, remoldable on ur hair and washes off nicely. Pretty cheap too! (This is the old packaging, hence on sale for $12cdn. The new packaging is pretty neat, but is $19cdn)

0707292018bg2.jpg

Current hair:

123mr6.jpg

Going to be grown to be exactly like this:

456ga5.jpg

Hey man, leg is ok, I'm off the brace and can walk gingerly...still need physio. :(

Upside is I'm dressing up as Raito from Death Note and whoring myself as a host at a Japanese host club event next month.

I get to be in touch with fobs. :D

This thread has been really informative...Its been interesting reading the last 22 pages. xDD

Uhm, Im kind of lacking in direction...as to what I want my hair to do.

I think the picture of Rook from Gazette that had been posted earlier is the closest thing to what I want. Any suggestions as to how I could get that? I think my bangs are a big issue. To be honest Id feel silly bringing in this picture to show my hairdresser, so is there any certain terminology I could use? Should I cut more hair around my 'crown' to make it spikier? Do you think I should let the hair around my ears and the nape (is that the right word?) of my neck grow out? Should I even be posting this question in this thread?

rookjf7.gif

S'me looking tired:

dscf0005qv4.th.jpg

shinyhg2.th.jpg

just curios, how long does it take to set up your hair?

i just bought arimino design athlete tube wax and spice sisters wax.

they are both like 1100 - 1300 yen each.

will report back how good they are. ive always heard that arimino is teh best (at least, for matte looks).

nakano is also pretty good, i hear. cool grease for the "wet" look that's becoming increasingly popular.