the weirdest animal you ever saw?

Guest Goose25

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love the jersey devil legend. tell us what you saw.

alright, funnily enough i was trying to find the sonic thats in new brunswick. i was lost on a rural road, and i see this kinda thing moving alongside my car. im driving maybe 25 mph and i look out the window and i see this thing that i think is a dog. its like 7 so its getting dark out, its was march of this year. so i look again and its gone. so i continue down the road until a stop sign. i slow down and this thing runs across the road, stops for maybe a hair's breadth of a second, and runs again. within that moment, i saw wings, and hind legs like a scaley dog. it was more of a wtf moment than a oh shit moment. only when i got home did i realize that i might've had a jersey devil sighting.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
not microscopic, but pretty damn small.

thats just a ridiculously cool huge statue of one

I remember seeing them on Animal Planet's Most Xtreme show. From wikipedia for all ya'll dat don't know:

"

• Temperature — tardigrades can survive being heated for a few minutes to 151°C or being chilled for days at -200°C, or for a few minutes at -272°C. (1° warmer than absolute zero).[7]
  • Pressure — they can withstand the extremely low pressure of a vacuum and also very high pressures, many times greater than atmospheric pressure. It has recently been proven that they can survive in the vacuum of space. Recent research has notched up another feat of endurability; apparently they can withstand 6,000 atmospheres pressure, which is nearly six times the pressure of water in the deepest ocean trench. [8]
  • Dehydration - tardigrades have been shown to survive nearly one decade in a dry state.[9]
  • Radiation — as shown by Raul M. May from the University of Paris, tardigrades can withstand 5,700 grays or 570,000 rads of x-ray radiation. (Ten to twenty grays or 1,000-2,000 rads could be fatal to a human). The only explanation, thus far, for this ability is that their lowered hydration state provides less reactants for the ionizing radiation. It ought to be noted that radiation doesn't seem to fit in with these other extreme states. There simply aren't typical areas of massive radiation, especially where we find them."