waywt? saved my life

sycamore no more

i really like your jacket rob, was semi tempted to buy it.

I was looking through some websites and one description said "an edgy take on the classic bomber jacket with a 80’s michael jackson twist. either way s2a certainly puts “the bomb†in bomber jackets".

I know H&M had one in the same color that looks similar although way 2 puffy for the thrifty crowd...last year.

i have terrible syntax

that website is stupid. when i see red jackets i rarely think MJ, more like the clash or the buzzcocks. Punks wore red moto/bomber jackets way before the king of pop (and pedaphilia) commercialized it for mass consumption (i.e. a couple members here). i thought it might be safe to revive now 25 years after MJ but i guess i was wrong.

wrong like many of your accusations and fits.

yo, no hate this time, but just for argument's sake how is he wrong? didn't punks wear red jackets before many more mass market musicians appropriated them? anyway regardless, he wrote that's the imagery he gets...

or do you mean he is wrong for wanting to revive/wear a red jacket?

he's wrong in the sense that it was ever safe to bring back a jacket like that.

...bingo

so let's ignore his fit-post then. what you're implying is that no one of the present era should wear red jackets? i don't personally wear red jackets, but to make a claim like this seems kinda irresponsible and ridiculous.

yo, no hate this time, but just for argument's sake how is he wrong? didn't punks wear red jackets before many more mass market musicians appropriated them? anyway regardless, he wrote that's the imagery he gets...

or do you mean he is wrong for wanting to revive/wear a red jacket?

glam rock did it first in reality. patent leather, the crazy boots, all that kind of stuff. bright colors and what not. bomber jacket has really never gone out of style, its just culturally, it has faded in and out. marc bolan popularized the blazer/tank top/no shirt look, elton john wore bomber jackets, etc. etc. lots of looks that we think came out of the punk mold also had beginnings in glam rock and even before with the Mod and Skinhead culture. mods wore bomber/duffle jackets (reference cover of Quadrophenia) and rocked Doc Martens (S2A are a tribute to that stle of boot i guess? dunno anything about the brand).

im not saying that all these things weren't incorporated into punk, but punk took many of its looks from pre-existing fashions.. just took them to a far extreme. the original bondage/s&m punk shop, Sex, sold a lot of patent leather bomber jackets, similar to the one robie's wearin in that pic, but with more of a fetishized fit.

unfortunately, red leather has become sorta euro-trashy if you don't pull it off right. luckily robie never comes across as euro-trashy, but if he was rocking some completementary colors as an undershirt, i think the jacket would just help, rather than take over the whole outfit.

to make such accusation would be proposturous kind sir. i simply implied that noone should ever have revived such a vile piece of clothing. i do not believe that all red jackets should be outlawed, however that specific surface 2 air specimen is one that should never have been exhumed from it's resting place. good day to you.

he's wrong in the sense that it was ever safe to bring back a jacket like that.

...bingo

if you hate his jacket that's totally fine, but besides the small details, i'd say the jacket is pretty standard stuff (compared to classic 70's peices).

glam rock did it first in reality. patent leather, the crazy boots, all that kind of stuff. bright colors and what not. bomber jacket has really never gone out of style, its just culturally, it has faded in and out. marc bolan popularized the blazer/tank top/no shirt look, elton john wore bomber jackets, etc. etc. lots of looks that we think came out of the punk mold also had beginnings in glam rock and even before with the Mod and Skinhead culture. mods wore bomber/duffle jackets (reference cover of Quadrophenia) and rocked Doc Martens (S2A are a tribute to that stle of boot i guess? dunno anything about the brand).

im not saying that all these things weren't incorporated into punk, but punk took many of its looks from pre-existing fashions.. just took them to a far extreme. the original bondage/s&m punk shop, Sex, sold a lot of patent leather bomber jackets, similar to the one robie's wearin in that pic, but with more of a fetishized fit.

unfortunately, red leather has become sorta euro-trashy if you don't pull it off right. luckily robie never comes across as euro-trashy, but if he was rocking some completementary colors as an undershirt, i think the jacket would just help, rather than take over the whole outfit.

what you're saying makes sense, but i'd like to know from perspective you're coming from. an american, british, etc...

thanks.

to make such accusation would be proposturous kind sir. i simply implied that noone should ever have revived such a vile piece of clothing. i do not believe that all red jackets should be outlawed, however that specific surface 2 air specimen is one that should never have been exhumed from it's resting place. good day to you.

you're from ontario and everything

so that's cool

but shut the fuck up .

hahaha bros are extinct in canada

I really wish they were extinct...

Bros run U of Western Ontario. Just the other night I was walking on campus and I heard someone getting called by the nickname "Abercrombie"

what you're saying makes sense, but i'd like to know from perspective you're coming from. an american, british, etc...

thanks.

american. but im not saying all that as an americanism. if you look at the history of each of those fashions, they've built on eachother considerably.