waywt? saved my life

sycamore no more

Ok, so not going to lie... this is pretty similar to my last WAYWT post (only difference is 7 Diamonds button-down as opposed to To Die For Tee... and the unseen belt), but I feel that the picture is bad-ass enough to allow its own internet-broadcasting.

On the way to Monterey for the Concours d'Elegance for the day.

This looks pretty good, but there are a few things you could/need to change.

The color of the jeans looks good with your shoes but the front and backpockets of IAs are wack, especially together with your jacket and shoes. The cellphone needs to go in a bag as well.

The shirt fits well but it's too short, it should be tucked in to fit the other pieces.

The shirt and the design of the jeans makes this look a bit like "classic with a twist" and that is NEVER good!

In my opinion, you should always stick to the 5-pockets design on jeans. If the makers can't do that and have to add weird details it's because they're not good enough and need to use cheap tricks to make their product stand out. Things like these never last nor look good.

I think you should wear the same things with a 47, 66 or 67 505 and a shirt that is a little bit less dressy and tuck it in. It will look great.

Hope I don't sound harsh, I just saw something that looked pretty good and some things that can be improved!

And Cotton Duck is the king for the last pages!

This looks pretty good, but there are a few things you could/need to change.

The color of the jeans looks good with your shoes but the front and backpockets of IAs are wack, especially together with your jacket and shoes. The cellphone needs to go in a bag as well.

The shirt fits well but it's too short, it should be tucked in to fit the other pieces.

The shirt and the design of the jeans makes this look a bit like "classic with a twist" and that is NEVER good!

In my opinion, you should always stick to the 5-pockets design on jeans. If the makers can't do that and have to add weird details it's because they're not good enough and need to use cheap tricks to make their product stand out. Things like these never last nor look good.

I think you should wear the same things with a 47, 66 or 67 505 and a shirt that is a little bit less dressy and tuck it in. It will look great.

Hope I don't sound harsh, I just saw something that looked pretty good and some things that can be improved!

Thanks for the comments Jinx!

Since I'm still sitting at my computer (and still a bit drunk from the gin & tonic I made myself on the plane flight back), I figure I might as well respond to your comments:

1. I was NOT a fan of these jeans until I tried them on. They look MUCH better in person. The only detail I'm still not super-fond of with them is the super-low back-pocket scooping. Having said that, I'm actually a fan in a practical sense in that it allows one to fit one's hands in the pockets despite the jeans' slim design. I actually think the back pockets look great with this coat (granted you can't see them), because they're longer and lower than normal, so they don't make it look like I'm wearing ass-tight chick-jeans by having the coat cover the back pockets

2. 100% agree with the phone comment.

3. The un-tucked white dress shirt is a staple of the douchebag-who-doesn't-know-how-to-dress wardrobe, yet I still like it in this fit. The shirt is short enough that it's clearly not made to be tucked in (it pulls out every 30 seconds), but is actually not as short as it looks in this shot, because my arm being up pulls it up.

4. I respect your opinion on the inappropriateness of these jeans with this look. I completely acknowledge that these jeans are totally fad-y and will not be acceptably-wearable much quicker than a pair of standard 5-pocket-styled jeans. However, I'm still a fan. I like having a pair of stand-out jeans (I guess it's the LA-hipster-trash in me), so I'm going to continue loving them.

5. Next time I try an outfit like this, I'll try it with a longer shirt which can (and will) be tucked in and my worn-in Iron Army Sebastians (which are a standard straight-5-pocket style without the goofy front and back pockets). You made me curious to see how this get-up would look using more "standard" pieces!

I appreciate the suggestions and comments! Some of it boils down to differences in taste and sense of style, but I'm always open to ideas and opinions!

Thanks for the comments Jinx!

Since I'm still sitting at my computer (and still a bit drunk from the gin & tonic I made myself on the plane flight back), I figure I might as well respond to your comments:

1. I was NOT a fan of these jeans until I tried them on. They look MUCH better in person. The only detail I'm still not super-fond of with them is the super-low back-pocket scooping. Having said that, I'm actually a fan in a practical sense in that it allows one to fit one's hands in the pockets despite the jeans' slim design. I actually think the back pockets look great with this coat (granted you can't see them), because they're longer and lower than normal, so they don't make it look like I'm wearing ass-tight chick-jeans by having the coat cover the back pockets

2. 100% agree with the phone comment.

3. The un-tucked white dress shirt is a staple of the douchebag-who-doesn't-know-how-to-dress wardrobe, yet I still like it in this fit. The shirt is short enough that it's clearly not made to be tucked in (it pulls out every 30 seconds), but is actually not as short as it looks in this shot, because my arm being up pulls it up.

4. I respect your opinion on the inappropriateness of these jeans with this look. I completely acknowledge that these jeans are totally fad-y and will not be acceptably-wearable much quicker than a pair of standard 5-pocket-styled jeans. However, I'm still a fan. I like having a pair of stand-out jeans (I guess it's the LA-hipster-trash in me), so I'm going to continue loving them.

5. Next time I try an outfit like this, I'll try it with a longer shirt which can (and will) be tucked in and my worn-in Iron Army Sebastians (which are a standard straight-5-pocket style without the goofy front and back pockets). You made me curious to see how this get-up would look using more "standard" pieces!

I appreciate the suggestions and comments! Some of it boils down to differences in taste and sense of style, but I'm always open to ideas and opinions!

Hi, you're right, most of what I complained about is just a matter of taste. Of course you should wear what you like and not what I like. I just think the jacket and shoes are great and a different style than the jeans and shirt.

Hi, you're right, most of what I complained about is just a matter of taste. Of course you should wear what you like and not what I like. I just think the jacket and shoes are great and a different style than the jeans and shirt.

Duely noted and registered!

homi29, it looks like you guys had fun, i wonder though... when you are shopping with fellow supergays do you have to ask for like 5 different opinions before you can buy a tee?

and dkatz, i really like the outfit and background, but don'tcha know that a blazer is the classic item of menswear that is designed to carry junk like your phone and wallet and still keep your look clean? (that's one reason so many old men in the city stili insist on wearing one even when it's warm-hot outside) cheers.

edit: sry to shit up this thread, mod pls move to chat if you'd like