australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

Could you guys in Sydney do me a favour?

I've got a survey for the Australian Superfuture contingent, to figure out what you do with your money. I'm not collecting any personal details; no names, emails or IPs, but if you could spare a few minutes to answer some questions about what you wear, I'll slip you some +rep!

Fashion and Shopping Census

I've got a survey for the Australian Superfuture contingent, to figure out what you do with your money. I'm not collecting any personal details; no names, emails or IPs, but if you could spare a few minutes to answer some questions about what you wear, I'll slip you some +rep!

Done.

Thanks for the support guys, I repped everyone I could, I need to spread some rep around before I re-rep half of you =) The results are all really interesting so far; I'll share my findings once I've finished the survey.

Gobble, I'm launching my own leather goods label and I'm feeling out the style and retail climate amongst my demographic, particularly on the east coast. I'll give you guys a preview shortly.

Hey James Vincent, I've done that for you, hopefully it will be helpful!

Okay so a question for everyone!

I'm looking to buy my first suit... What kinda of suit should I get (I dont have alot of money and I will wear this one suit alot so it needs to be versatile).

So my questions are:

1) Grey, Navy or Black?

2) What kind of Lapel?

3) Slim fit but not skinny?

4) Where do I start looking for a suit like this in sydney... I'm willing to spend about $600 for one... I think that's not too bad eh?

- grey or navy are safe choices. I tend to stay away from black because you end up looking like a funeral director or a waiter.

- since its your first suit, stick to a slim notch lapel - its more classic. a peak lapel suit tends to be more flashier, something you might wear to a formal event or something

- my suit experience with brent wilson in tgv has been positive (i've discussed about in this thread earlier) but suits are around the $1000 mark. Because its your first suit and with your budget, you're better off buying something cheap from myer and having it tailored to fit your body. I haven't seen the quality or cut of industrie suits (yes I know its industrie) but from what I can tell, the pricepoint could be in your range.

remember that it needs to fit well in the shoulders because everything else can be altered to fit your body shape.

james vincent - i filled out your survey. now gimme +rep!

superhero for a suit I would recommend:

1) black (it isn't a taboo to wear a black suit in Australia like it is in the USA)

2) notch lapel

3) slim but not too skinny

4) no idea unfortunately. a friend said that Jack London here in Melbourne does decent mtm suits for about $900 but don't know if they are available in Sydney.

DUN :)

I'm looking to buy my first suit... What kinda of suit should I get (I dont have alot of money and I will wear this one suit alot so it needs to be versatile).

So my questions are:

1) Grey, Navy or Black?

2) What kind of Lapel?

3) Slim fit but not skinny?

4) Where do I start looking for a suit like this in sydney... I'm willing to spend about $600 for one... I think that's not too bad eh?

done. JV. Look forward to the results.

1. Navy

2. Notch

3. Slim

4. Market st DJ's may have some off the rack for that kind of price if you are of "average" build

just did the survey for you