my new oni's need some help

derelicte

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't tempt me on these Tweedles....I'm ready to pull the trigger.

PG2G...Have you seen the purples? How similar is it to our AI-001s?

Sorry, haven't seen them. Look pretty similar in pics though, with the Oni's looking streakier. Close ups all look really close though. Personally, I don't see a reason to own both, especially since you don't plan on beating the AI's to hell (if its even possible too, haha). The money would be better spent elsewhere (like 45rpm), since you already own something so close.

Just my take, though I do find myself wanting these for when I'm done with the PBJ.

You might be alright with the soak since you sag. It'll take more than one soak to reach it's full shrinkage. But it might hit right at the ankles. I don't think I'm gonna soak mine, 'cause I can barely fit my fat ass in them.

haha i feel exactly the same way, i dont really sag and the waist couldnt get any smaller, i have been sagging them for the sole purpose of giving the waist a little stretchin, and im going to give it a few more weeks and see how it goes, before even being tempted to take a bath with them, btw did you get the natural onis at BiG?

haha i feel exactly the same way, i dont really sag and the waist couldnt get any smaller, i have been sagging them for the sole purpose of giving the waist a little stretchin, and im going to give it a few more weeks and see how it goes, before even being tempted to take a bath with them, btw did you get the natural onis at BiG?

Yep, got them at BiG. I got a couple of other Oni's and I've soak them maybe twice. They were a little too big on me, but they shrunk to a good fit. But since I wear my belt a little loose they stretched out like crazy, maybe even bigger than the original fit. If these purple joints are anyting like the other Oni's, then I'm sure they will stretch a lot.

But don't quote me on that…

BTW, the PBJ-ai's are a lot like the Oni's purple. I think BiG even has a One-Wash. But the colors are totally different. Which I think gives the perception that the Oni's are streakier. But the AI's definitly have a more PBJ vibe. (more bohemian) And Oni's are more crispy.

• 2 weeks later...

I just grabbed a pair of these but they're REALLY tight in the waist. Does anyone have any suggestions for really hardcore waist-stretching? Wet then use some kind of piping or what!? I dont want to trade them in because I got them from japan and other than from about the top 4 inches the rest of the jeans fit just how I want...

wear em around for a bit? what size did you actually get? I feel like i followed the same technique as you (more concerned about the body fir vs the waist) and will take the waist into consideration when I soak.

I actually got a size 36 because the website in japan said that the waist measurement on them was 94CM but I feel like it's more like 90CM (will check when I get home). The rest of the jeans fit great but my concern is that i cant really button any of the buttons right now so how will wearing them around stretch them? Argh! I hate to think I wasted like $400 on these jeans and I really want to keep them.

Wait, you can't button them and they haven't even been soaked yet? :/

Yeah exactly. My PBJ's in 36 fit perfectly and according to the measurements posted online these purples should have been fine in 36 but they're WAY small. But the crappy part is that the legs fit just like I'd like which means that if i were to get a 38 they'd be way too baggy. DAMN this crazy sizing!!!

you really could not button even a single button? have you tried laying flat in bed to do the buttons? have you tried wire hangers?

if all things failed, maybe it's time to hit the gym for them purple selvage! ;)

you really could not button even a single button? have you tried laying flat in bed to do the buttons? have you tried wire hangers?

if all things failed, maybe it's time to hit the gym for them purple selvage! ;)

I def havent tried laying down - that might help.

I was able to button the first two but as soon as I got the second one buttoned a seam ripped! So I'm bringing them to BiG this weekend to see if Gordon can chainstitch the piece of denim to which the buttons are affixed (that's the seam that broke - single stitch, seems kinds lame on denim this heavy) so that it wont come loose again. But in the meantime I cant stretch them at ALL.

Man, I go to the gym like 3 days a week. I'll have to stop eating all the damn dominican food hehe. Well on the upside my size 40 (!!!) eternal 811s that I got in the same shipment fit sweet...

damn, i've had new jeans that were hella tight but i've never ripped a button, diam, sounds like they're too small, and you would still have to soak these...

Its not like the button itself ripped - a seam ripped that attaches the button-fly to the rest of the jean. I NEVER had that happen with other jeans that are tight - kinda seems like the stitching should have been a little stronger. I dunno I hate to have to sell them because I wont be able to recover my costs... It's really a toss up between soak-and-stretch-and-try-to-make-fit and fix-stitching-and-resell but I _really_ want to keep these and the next size up will be WAY too baggy

Its not like the button itself ripped - a seam ripped that attaches the button-fly to the rest of the jean. I NEVER had that happen with other jeans that are tight - kinda seems like the stitching should have been a little stronger. I dunno I hate to have to sell them because I wont be able to recover my costs... It's really a toss up between soak-and-stretch-and-try-to-make-fit and fix-stitching-and-resell but I _really_ want to keep these and the next size up will be WAY too baggy

This is the advantage of buying from a store in your home country.. all good boutiques will stand behind their product and exchange a pair that does something like what you described above, just as long as you haven't washed them yet in a rough manner or wore them for a long time.

I'm sure you'll get sorted, there's no need to worry.

We just repair or replace any jeans that seem like they're defective in any way..

We've had a few pairs of Nudies come back with buttons popping off...

Yeah but BiG was sold out of these and I didnt want to wait for the pre-order. Already gordon has agreed to have a look at the damage... Anyways worst case I'll put them in the market and lose a little bit and get a pair in a larger size. The killer is that the leg part fits GREAT! I dont want to have to size up and end up with the super baggy legs.

I actually got a size 36 because the website in japan said that the waist measurement on them was 94CM but I feel like it's more like 90CM (will check when I get home). The rest of the jeans fit great but my concern is that i cant really button any of the buttons right now so how will wearing them around stretch them? Argh! I hate to think I wasted like $400 on these jeans and I really want to keep them.

it's troubling to read this because i'm the same size, although unlike yourself, 38 eternal fits me fine. oh well, we'll see what happens when they get sent out.

it's troubling to read this because i'm the same size, although unlike yourself, 38 eternal fits me fine. oh well, we'll see what happens when they get sent out.

WEIRD ok so I just measured them and laying flat the back part is 47cm and the front part is 25x25 so total is 97CM around which SHOULD be fine - that's the same measurement as my nudie SSDS. My eternals in 40 are 49 on the back and 26x26cm in the front which is only a few CM difference overall but they fit great. I wonder if maybe its something about the thickness of the denim on these ONIs.

I don't think the denim makes a difference, at least not a huge one. Have you gained any weight and just not noticed due to constant stretching of ur old jeans?

Def not. If anything I've lost weight. I think it's just something about the way the yoke and hips on these jeans are cut. Once I got them buttoned (ouchy! so tight!) I was happy. Now just repair the fly and soak hehehe...

they got em....gordon said he only got in a sz 29 though, so my sizing down 2 isnt going to happen....debating right now.

this is from gordon:

The Oni 19oz arrived today. Here are the measurements for size 33:

Waist - 35

F Rise - 12

B Rise - 15.5

Upper Thigh - 13.25

Knee - 10

Leg Opening - 9

Inseam - 36.75