my new oni's need some help

derelicte

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

percy - i bought them a size small already, look at the waist they are snug to say the least, almost pinching...

therefore

polly - i dont think soaking them would be a good idea unless i wanted to give them to a 12 year old, plus i heard they were very limited.

im done with the whole idea of altering them anymore than i did... not worth it.

do you guys think i could wear them in the shower or something so the waist wouldnt shrink?

if you guys have any suggestions just let me know...

you could wear them in a bath... hot as you can stand, and then wear until dry. it should control the waist shrinkage.

you should do this. if you dont and end up getting stuck in the rain it will do the same thing.

after that, youll be able to wash as needed. if you always remember to take them off the line while still damp the waist should not be too much of a problem, as denim will stretch eaiser while wet. never put them in a dryer(tho i know you never would)

i don't think the fact that they're limited would stop me from soaking/wearing my jeans. they're not magic cards..

Don't you know, limited edition hand-dyed japanese denim can ONLY be washed in the waters of a single spring in Osaka. Otherwise they will dissolve into a pile of gelatinous sludge and start spewing toxic fumes.

Don't you know, limited edition hand-dyed japanese denim can ONLY be washed in the waters of a single spring in Osaka. Otherwise they will dissolve into a pile of gelatinous sludge and start spewing toxic fumes.

ahh... blm... you have learned the ways of the future well.:cool:

i find it funny that everyone looks at you like a maniac for wanting to taper them, but a bunch of people alter their dior hommes.

Different people. People who buy DH are tight fit freaks, wheras people who buy Onis are crazy denim obsessives who won't go near their jeans with anything but the purest of pure geyser water, and tend to prefer the classic straight leg aesthetic of Japanese denim.

Seriously, wash those jeans right now. The last thing you want to do is end up with a $500 pair of jeans with honeycombs running up your fucking thighs...

I totally agree with Double . If you soak them while wearing or soak them then put them on until dry - the fit will be much better because they will stretch to YOUR body .

They look awesome ( fitwise ) now and will look just as good AND better where you want them stretched to become YOUR jeans .. the thighs and arse .

and the ankles will come in some also

Hey derelicte, I think I was at BiG when you copped these. Gordon was hemming them. They looked great when you bought them. It probably just needs a soak. IMO, tapered jeans look butt ugly and should only be on dudes that wear oxford shirts and penny loafers. I think you can only taper the inseam anyway, 'cause anything else would fuck up the selvedge.

yeah of course the inseam, but im done with that idea, id rather soak them in a geyser or a natural warm water spring of osaka, and wear them immeadiately after or during the process, maybe il fly to japan and do it this weekend. my only concern was the ink running, coleslaw thanks for all the info, and i dont really plan on washing them unless something happens. [proceeding to knock on wood]

did anyone do anything try any soaking on this or the natural indigo already, if so tell me the thread or your expirience with it.

natural indigo is extremely stubborn. even a hard wash will do very little. my 9 month natural indigo canes have been machine-washed once, and soaked twice---------they look comparable to 3 month wear of synthetic indigo jeans. believe me, they are tough.

furthermore, indigo is not soluble in water. it is agitation and abrasion that removes indigo.

just chill, man. they are just jeans, regardless of the premium.

Hey derelicte, I think I was at BiG when you copped these. Gordon was hemming them. They looked great when you bought them. It probably just needs a soak. IMO, tapered jeans look butt ugly and should only be on dudes that wear oxford shirts and penny loafers. I think you can only taper the inseam anyway, 'cause anything else would fuck up the selvedge.

the seledge line is actually the easiest one to alter.... It's a lot simpler to open the slevage line pull everything tighter and seal it back up than to try to do the same to a felled inseam. You end up with a thicker selvage showing at the cuff though.

before

|---|---|

after

|-------|-------|

i hope that makes sense.....

that selvege example makes alot of sense and seems practical but i doubt i get them tapered.

dont worry everyone im not treating these jeans like a ancient japanese garment that needs to be perserved im just curious about what i could do to them and what i shouldnt do.

thanks alot guys

coleslaw i bought them the previous weekend just dropped them off at BiG last saturday to have gordan cut 2.5 inches off and make the new seam, he is an artist

polly you have me eager to soak, but im going to wait at least another week

coleslaw i bought them the previous weekend just dropped them off at BiG last saturday to have gordan cut 2.5 inches off and make the new seam, he is an artist

polly you have me eager to soak, but im going to wait at least another week

but you are intending to soak them right? i can understand wearing them around for a week and then soaking them, but to never intend to soak them....i don't know....might as well frame them then

I'd do like 1-1.5" cuff to show off the purple selvage, so damn cool! and it should match that purple shirt you got there...

i think the point they are making is that you should have soaked them before hemming or you are in danger of losing too much length and them being too short! you will prob just get away with it tho seeing the amount of cuff you have there. i think most shrink about 3 inches in the leg after a soak.

they looking nice presently tho!