Perfect Boots with Skinny Jeans

blake

I know there has been a lot of talk about shoes etc. My problem is that I cannot find the perfect boot to go witht the skinny jean. They have a tendancy to make my feet look really big. I have a pair of blundstone which I love and can wear with straight or bootcut jeans. Does anyone know a specific boot to wear with a narrower bottom jean?

truthfully it just really depends on your style. i think some people cant pull off the skinny jean + boot look, while others can do so quite well. look at some of sphoxx's pictures in the WAYWT thread, and you can see some good examples of skinny jeans with boots, in my opinion.

as for suggestions, you could look for some cloak desert boots, which are apparently available at their sample sale for fairly cheap.

edit: if you buy chelsea boots from CT, I would suggest sizing a full size down (i.e. if you wear a 9 in US, get an 8 in UK). their boots run rather big from my experience.

I think it also depends on how big your feet are relative to your body...if you are somewhat short and have larger feet, boots with tapered jeans might not be a good idea in general...

I am over 6'1 and have a size 10 foot (which is not that big for my size) sneakers look fine, but it is winter and I want to rock a great boot.

I would say similar to what has already been said; a military/bondage style boot that fits snugly up the ankle/calf, so that the jeans fall naturally without any bulk underneath. I have a pair of Cavalli buckle military boots that fit well under my skinny jeans, as well as a pair of black dior hommes that are a bit dressier. I would avoid anything too chunky for skinny jeans, but other than that (given you don't have huge feet), you should be alright.

Guest jeffvyain

i've seen skinny jeans rocked with a vintage beatle boot done really well. the guy i saw them on had them unzipped most of the way with the jeans kinda stacked on top of the boot. looked really good in my opinion

look at some of sphoxx's pictures in the WAYWT thread, and you can see some good examples of skinny jeans with boots, in my opinion.

i've seen skinny jeans rocked with a vintage beatle boot done really well. the guy i saw them on had them unzipped most of the way with the jeans kinda stacked on top of the boot. looked really good in my opinion

Yessir, check these I just scooped on bay. I've found sizing down in your boot size and letting them stretch a bit is a good way to avoid the big-foot issue.

111d%20136.jpg

I do not think chukkas are great for skinny jeans. Chelseas, combat boots (with thin soles), zip-up boots are the best choices imho.

why not chukkas? In most cases they're exactly the same as chelseas and jodhpurs except for the closure, and I don't think the laces really adds a lot of extra bulk. But I guess the definition of chukka(ankle-high, lace-up) is pretty wide, so you could have been thinking of some bulkier shoes that were also called chukka.

However what I was thinking of when I said chukka, and think is the model that the name comes from, is a boot like this;

MBTTAN_2.jpg

It's not hard at all to find boots that work with skinny jeans, just check out Allen Edmond, Loake etc.

why not chukkas? In most cases they're exactly the same as chelseas and jodhpurs except for the closure, and I don't think the laces really adds a lot of extra bulk. But I guess the definition of chukka(ankle-high, lace-up) is pretty wide, so you could have been thinking of some bulkier shoes that were also called chukka.

However what I was thinking of when I said chukka, and think is the model that the name comes from, is a boot like this;

MBTTAN_2.jpg

It's not hard at all to find boots that work with skinny jeans, just check out Allen Edmond, Loake etc.

Yeah, that's what I had in mind with chukkas -- however, my one problem with chukkas is that since they are not cut high, they have a wide opening (to accomodate the curve of the foot/lower leg) and you can't lace them tight against the leg like you can with a taller laceup boot. I prefer boots that stay tight against the leg (elastic chelseas or tall laceups) for skinny jeans.

Other than that I love chukkas though. :)

My frye brando's with my skull 5010xx look okay, however the kind of western style of the brandos with the slim jeans reminds me of a lot of the roughnecks and shitkickers that stay at the motel i work at who wear tight wranglers with workboots.

i have a wingtip chelsea boot from ferragamo and it looks really good since the boot is narrow in shape and is not to pointy and not to round - -

something like this

http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?sec=1&YOOX=JIL+SANDER&tskay=3FD17CD7&rr=1&cod10=440597891B&areaid=35

now i want these. anyone know where i can get those in 9? season?

Did you use the 50% discount? I'm keeping my fingers crossed you did, because for $100+ you can't really go wrong with those.

I just noticed they have a black version.. can I ask what the 50% discount is that sounds really cool.

e: I got them down to 175 with the /spots so I guess I got it?

I was thinking more alone the lines of a work-boot style. I think it is hard to pull off something that has a more rounded toe (which is what I want) any ideas for a boot with a rounded toe but is narrower?

I do not think chukkas are great for skinny jeans. Chelseas, combat boots (with thin soles), zip-up boots are the best choices imho.

Agreed. I pair Chukkas with jeans that have slightly larger openings than what I would qualify as skinny due to the "slope" of the ankle-foot connection being more bulbous. Consequently I favor chelseas and zip-up with pants with smaller hems (unless I tuck my jeans in, something I do with more "aggressive" boots). I have a pair of Sutor Mantelassi zip-up that are the perfect last choice for someone looking for a sleek look, they've got a thinner profile than any sneaker or shoes I own including chucks.

Use this link:

http://www.ctshirts.com/pine

You will notice that the chelsea boots are marked down to $147.50.

I say get the waxy brown chelseas. The leather is calfskin,and brown is more versatile than black. Moreover, I have suspicions that the black used corrected grain leather (not something you want on a dress boot).

Hurry though, the 50% might not last forever.

dang I already ordered them oh well. I might not keep them though.

Does hair color tie into which color would be best? I have pale skin and black hair so I just went with black..

edit: sweet I just called and since it was still processing they gave me the lower price. thanks!