Skateboarders: What are you riding?

dk7m

Can someone recommend me what longboard set up to get?

I have skated when I was younger, but I now just want a board to cruise and get from a to b. Looking to get a bit of the surf feeling, as I do surf during the summers in France.

Unfortunately we have no hills here in The Netherlands to ride.......

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

back in high scool when i used to skateboard...

Copeland blank decks (portland people know?)

Chian Bone bearings

Spitfire 52's

independent trucks

I was in Oregon two years ago and my cousin bought a blank deck from copeland sports! I remember they also had Grey Jordan IV's for ~50 bucks... currently "riding" haven't really skated in over a year:

7.75 Active blank

Destructo with the more translucent bushings.. for some reason their black bushings sucked bozack.

Ricta Rowley or some blanks

crappy bearings.

Does anyone else like to do a once over with grip tape on the whole deck after you first grip it? I feel like brand new grip tape is.. too grippy?

• 5 months later...

'newest' set-up although something like 2 years old, barely used, signed by vans team on top of deck with clear grip over. I rarely skate nowadays although I had a two month patch fairly recently where i was skating most days of the week.

mystery deck.

indep trucks

element wheels

? bearings and hardware

My cruiser/grocery run board, which is all I have anymore, my knees and ankles are too shot for tricks nowadays:

Stereo Hi-Fi deck

Grind King AXL's

Bones Red

Ricta 78's

Here's a pic from when I put it together a couple of years ago, but it's still pretty clean since I only cruise on it.

stereo.jpg

DGK Stevie limited cripsy as always

gold pj ladd ventures

black plan b wheels with hella flat spots

some shitty mismatched berrings

bout to throw on some allover print Grind King lows i got from my boy over in Santa Monica....not sure how i feel about these but they have an ill team. He said the bushings just get fucked up or something.....

Just got a new 8" AWS Dill deck. AWS/Habitat have the best decks, can never go wrong with one of these.

The countdown to Fully Flared has started now, anybody else here looking forward to 11/16?

Jason dill's ill. But I dont like the concave on workshop decks...You don't get as much flick in your tricks as you should

Anti-Hero Trujillo (8 x 31.5)

Independent 139mm

quote]

I've only recently started to ride bigger boards, and I have a couple of 129 mm indys. Does your board get more stable when you have a slightly wider truck to go with the bigger boards?

pretty much stopped skating years ago. still use my board to get from point a to point b every once in awhile though.

mad circle scott johnston deck

lucky grip tape

pig wheels 52mm

grind kings

hellraisers riser pads

dont remember the bearings make

Wow @ the Mad Circle Scott Johnston...that deck must be OLD.

But good looks...Scott Johnston's part in Let the Horns Blow was sick.

Just got a board off my brother. Hadn't ridden in like 10 years (since high school!) Shit nearly killed me the first couple days, feel like a fuckin old man...

Element deck

independent trucks

spitfire 55s

not sure the pads/bearings, he put it all together.