portable video devices?!

Brienneoftarth

I am, beefing up my travel accessories and all and I am in the market for some type of portable movie device. I dont want to buy a new laptop. should I buy a portable dvd player? I've seen some protable devices where you download video. I am not very tech savvy, can anybody help?

honestly, if you like video games as well, grab a psp. can't be beat...you can rip dvds (or put downloaded movies, etc) onto the memory stick. use it for games, music, etc. it's got wifi so you can browse the internet. i use mine FAR more than i ever thought i would (mostly for movies). but to have one device that plays movies and games (and isn't HUGE) on a long flight is fantastic.

honestly the besty thing is an ipod it does everything and you can put movies on it. the quality of the movies are DVD and the movies are still in theaters.

www.realestniggas.com/board (sign in and go to the download movies section and click on search and type in ipod for the ipod ready movies threads.)

i agree...ipod screen is too damn small for movies. i've got an 80gb with nothing but music.

as for ripping dvds...i don't know what program you're using, but it takes no more than a couple minutes. to convert to psp format, i use psp video 9 (which does take a bit of time...but you can queue them up and have it convert overnight).

I have an iAudio A2. It's a device with a 30GB hard drive, a very nice 4" screen and a good interface and everything. I can just throw my divx movies on there, no need to recode them or anything like on for example the PSP. Battery lasts for maybe 6 hours. The new A3 just came out too, and it's supposedly the same thing but with a better screen, battery and so on.