so WHATS UP in JAPAN

horriblyjollyjinx

There is no way customs can check every package.

nope, so just ship them separately, but still, these things are not cheap so I'd be pissed if they destroyed them...

as kiya said in the other thread in superdenim:

"denim speakeasy"

dont know if he's all talk but no game, would be gutsy imo if he kept sellin' jeans...

please put the store higher than personal needs kiya, i really wanna visit you this summer..!

haha thx.

yeah maybe it was better when there wasn't BiG and SE? ....

and i highly doubt customs would fuck up people's jeans. its not like levis has workers there that screen every package that says jeans on it.

on a semi-related note - i had one thing fucked up by the customs though - i bought a vinyl toy that had a sizable head- i got it with the back of the head torn open with a knife.... i guess they thought there were drugs in it? (why the fuck didn't they look at it in an x-ray)

so now i go to bed, and tomorrow this was just some horrible dream and japanese denim will flourish and be the same as before...

and there was much rejoicing....

I remember talking about this a year or so ago with some local guys that started producing 47 repros... Copyright 'infringement' is far stricter in Oz than most places, that they had to get a lawyer to 'ok' their jeans. They had to go as far as removal of the red label... but no one's had their jeans held by customs.

Only heard about Nike and 'designer' bags being held back for inspection...

I feel for you guys in States. Hopefully it's only a phase that will pass...

next step on the "we will take over the world"-levis campaign will be to take down each and every store in japan who are selling denim....

cuz levis hate japs...