so WHATS UP in JAPAN

horriblyjollyjinx

It's been in the works for awhile apparently. We'll find out soon... Kiya probably won't say because his business stocks some brands in question. He has a business to take care of first and foremost.

Let's just hope for the best.

i was typing this up and then when i hit submit minya already cloesd the thread...

Kiya is MIA right now, he probably went out for lunch, I've asked him to come back to fill in the blanks... And I think he will do that soon... we'll see...

but let's just say that I am tracking down some denims right now myself, PM'ed 2000 an hour ago for a few pairs. I might not have to get them from 2000, but I asked him for prices just in case... and I am gonna getting a pair of jeans from him anyway so I might just pad up the order if the prices are right...

i was typing this up and then when i hit submit minya already cloesd the thread...

Kiya is MIA right now, he probably went out for lunch, I've asked him to come back to fill in the blanks... And I think he will do that soon... we'll see...

but let's just say that I am tracking down some denims right now myself, PM'ed 2000 an hour ago for a few pairs. I might not have to get them from 2000, but I asked him for prices just in case... and I am gonna getting a pair of jeans from him anyway so I might just pad up the order if the prices are right...

do you know if it's some general new trademark/law/rule whatever that affects ALL brands in Japan or only the targeted few?

good reason to go to the SuFu party in Osaka for sure though... :)

kiya mentioned they got customs involved effective next Monday though... he will be posting more details soon...

i remember a guy here got a pair destroyed at customs long while ago, so yeah, probably... we can prolly sneak a few pairs here and there through, they can't inspect everything...

and yeah, like I said, boycott fucking LVC!

does anyone actually KNOW for sure that jap brands have to re-do their jeans ?

im about to go fucking ballistic....

Either way it's a no go. This apparent/hinted legal action is more important than the actual follow up. The Japanese repro companies won't risk anything, so they'll have to comply. At least that's the way I see it.

It's like the MPAA suuing random individuals for downloading movies to scare others.

If anything, the only jeans we'll see coming through customs that can sell are items that do not infringe on any of Levi's trademarks and patents.

haha, gettin' japanese denim in the future will be like smuggling people over borders in germany during ww2...

Hopefully the arm of Levis won't stretch as far as single shipments to Europe. And unless they force the brands to change completely in Japan, we'll just see a lot more 2000db style private selling anyhow...

so is it safe to go through 2000db and snatch up a couple of pairs now or will customs tear em apart? i want a pair of sda 103s or flat head 3008s...what should i do?

too late...

--Andrew