levis 501xx 1947 editions

grapz

the denim is a bit better on the Japanese editions- they are more expensive and harder to obtain, so it is really up to you.

rumors.. I'm sure they're pretty much the same, until someone proves there are significant differences.

LVC is actually cheaper in Japan compared to LVC in Sweden, and I'd actually save a little by ordering from Japan instead.

Last time I checked, which was maybe 3 years ago, most of the Japanese 501 models used Cone denim. Perhaps it's a slightly different spec, but I doubt it.

That said, the LVC Japan jeans don't seem to have shown the basic errors that have plagued several recent US-made repros.

rumors.. I'm sure they're pretty much the same, until someone proves there are significant differences.

LVC is actually cheaper in Japan compared to LVC in Sweden, and I'd actually save a little by ordering from Japan instead.

what the hell is cheaper in any scandanavian country that the rest of the world?

snus!! I'd be addicted to that stuff if I lived in Sweden!

as for US vs. Japanese LVC '47's, I posted a review yesterday. I bought a pair of US 47's at the Levi's store across from Bloomingdales in NYC in April 2006. I bought an identical pair at the Levi's store in Shibuya about a month later. I'm very anal about denim, and other than the kanjii on the care label I could discern no difference at all. I ended up eBaying the Japanese 47's because I'd already been wearing the US ones and I needed the money.

if you want to debate, I'd put the LVC 47's up against the RRL Slims - I have a pair of each and I'm curious which one people like better. personally, the RRL denim blows away the LVC - the tone, the fading, the handfeel. but the fit of the LVC is better than the RRL, which is why I'm wearing my 47's right now and my RRL's are hanging off a hook in my closet.

whats the difference? and which should i get?

okay, so I guess I'm saying get the RRL's, but I to do it again (and I probably will) I'd get my true waist size and leave a little extra in the inseam 'cuz they're not gonna shrink much weft-wise. also, it's a good consumer vote against litigious arcuate hoggers.

snus!! I'd be addicted to that stuff if I lived in Sweden!

as for US vs. Japanese LVC '47's, I posted a review yesterday. I bought a pair of US 47's at the Levi's store across from Bloomingdales in NYC in April 2006. I bought an identical pair at the Levi's store in Shibuya about a month later. I'm very anal about denim, and other than the kanjii on the care label I could discern no difference at all. I ended up eBaying the Japanese 47's because I'd already been wearing the US ones and I needed the money.

if you want to debate, I'd put the LVC 47's up against the RRL Slims - I have a pair of each and I'm curious which one people like better. personally, the RRL denim blows away the LVC - the tone, the fading, the handfeel. but the fit of the LVC is better than the RRL, which is why I'm wearing my 47's right now and my RRL's are hanging off a hook in my closet.

One thing is LVC cone denim is very close to original denim. If you want a more accurate denim then LVC is the way to go.

Hey Paul T

which edition of levis is it on the one u posted

it says fall 06 , is that the deadstock or which version is that

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=271125&postcount=10

Mmm. I think they must have been the spring 06 jeans that are faded - I got them in the fall of 05 I guess. I THINK that the new pair were spring 06 too. I have a brnd new pair of 47s, which came in in December, so must be spring 07, and they look identical as far as I can tell.