Super-Shopping Meet Barneys Warehouse Sale L.A.

masuerte

When do you want to meet Superfuturists at the Barneys Warehouse Sale?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. When do you want to meet Superfuturists at the Barneys Warehouse Sale?

• Thursday! I have no job and alot of money!
    • Friday! I might be able to take a "sick day."
    • Saturday! I don't want to waste a sick day just to shop with a bunch of guys.
    • Sorry guys, can't make it this month :(

So basically I need a vote for who's available to go on which day. We'd meet at the Santa Monica Airport Hangar where they are holding the Barneys Warehouse sale.

The Warehouse sale at Santa Monica starts on February the 8th which is a THURSDAY.

Basically we'd meet up there around 11 and see where to go from there. I personally prefer a Saturday because I have work during Thursday and Friday!

i picked thursday cuz its my only day off in that 2 week period. if you all choose saturday, can someone give me directions to the hanger? or a mapquest? i have no idea where this place is. Even though i'm in san diego the last time i was in LA was over 7 maybe 8 years ago.

okay as you all know, japanese denim that looks anything like a pair of levis is now officially illegal to sell worldwide thanks to LEVIS. that means no more sugarcane, flat heads, oni denim, pure blue, samurai, iron hearts or Studio D'Artisans can be sold or shipped ANYWHERE in the world as of Friday. (so if its thursday and your reading this and happen to live close to B.I.G. or Self Edge then i suggest you go and buy your last pair of japanese denim as you know it because after friday they are all pulled from the shelves.) These company's will have to get rid of their leather patches on the backs, their ariches on the back pockets, their little colored tabs on the back saying "canes" or "samurai" or "pure blue" (just go to superdenim forum and find kiya's post if you dont know what im talking bout.)

Because of this i will not make it out to this event cuz i just dropped a grand on a couple pairs of samurai's, a pair of oni denim and a pair of flat heads.

Sorry guys have fun at this event.

Hi, I know I put myself down for Saturday but unfortunately I will not be able to make it. There's a family event that I have to attend, and I can't really cancel. I hope you guys have a great time, and please post some pics afterwards (that is, if anyone is taking a camera). :)

okay as you all know, japanese denim that looks anything like a pair of levis is now officially illegal to sell worldwide thanks to LEVIS. that means no more sugarcane, flat heads, oni denim, pure blue, samurai, iron hearts or Studio D'Artisans can be sold or shipped ANYWHERE in the world as of Friday. (so if its thursday and your reading this and happen to live close to B.I.G. or Self Edge then i suggest you go and buy your last pair of japanese denim as you know it because after friday they are all pulled from the shelves.) These company's will have to get rid of their leather patches on the backs, their ariches on the back pockets, their little colored tabs on the back saying "canes" or "samurai" or "pure blue" (just go to superdenim forum and find kiya's post if you dont know what im talking bout.)

Because of this i will not make it out to this event cuz i just dropped a grand on a couple pairs of samurai's, a pair of oni denim and a pair of flat heads.

Sorry guys have fun at this event.

that was retar... i mean random

... no i mean retarded

I'll be there Thursday, and I'm going to try to get there during the first couple of hours. So...follow me around and tap me on the shoulder if you feel like it.

who's going on friday? i may have to change my plans...

I'll be there Thursday, and I'm going to try to get there during the first couple of hours. So...follow me around and tap me on the shoulder if you feel like it.

will do, definitely. :o

I got there at about 10:30am and the place was really packed. Sifted through all of the racks and found a few really nice items. The shoe section is always hit and miss during the warehouse sale, but I spotted some really beautiful Jil Sander lace-up desert boots that were in a brown suede, and they were reduced to $198. I didn't need boots so I let them be, but they are worth taking a look at. After a long mull/anxiety session, I waited in line for an hour and ended up with a black Surface to Air mens bag, a Loden Dager button down, a terrific blue Band of Outsiders button down, and a Rogues Gallery navy shawl neck sweater.

Good people watching if nothing else catches your eye!

I went today right when it opened, and unfortunately I couldn't find a single thing that I liked/fit me. Oh well.

edit: I'm generally a size small, to clarify. there were a couple pairs of tsubi jeans that would have fit me, but I wasn't in the mood to take off my pants in a crowded warehouse to see how they would fit..

yikes. i guess ill probaby skip this one..

Masuerte and I are going to arrive today between 11:30AM-12:30PM.

Let's have a gathering near the shoe rack around 12:30? We'll try to find each other from there. You'll recognize my holster. Yes, that nasty holster :P.

:( 60% precipitation tonight... need to bring rain clothes.

I went today right when it opened, and unfortunately I couldn't find a single thing that I liked/fit me. Oh well.

I second that as well. I saw somethings that I liked but most of them where larges and up. At least I knew what the sale was all about. Afterwards, I stopped by and picked up some pure white Prison Issue Vans at American Rag Cie to satisfy myself after I drove all that way and fought all that traffic.

• 6 months later...