lighters

poly800rock

I'm a big BIC lighter fan, they're cheap, so you can buy like 40 at once, and they have a tendency to spread out once you start accumulating them, some on the bedtable, some on the desk, some outside hwere you smoke, some in the car, found one in the freezer - probably from the FIL.....they are fantastic little suckers, my favorites.

Guest Airjamie

S. T. Dupont (and dunhill, for that matter, since they are arguably the exact same just with a different giftbox) are fantastic jewellers-quality lighters (my father has a dupont that i used tostare at so much he finally gave it to me). However, ive used it maybe a handfull of times and there is absolutely no fucking way i can use a $500 lighter to light 10 cent marlboro and not feel like a total dick. Especially if youre wearing jeans and a tshirt, maximum dick-feelings are incurred. That being said, colibri make a fantastic lighter (and they are usually around $50). I have one thats modeled to look like a zippo and is adjustable for cigar or cigarette (works great with a bowl, so you dont have to hold it down but it doesnt scorch your pot like a zippo usually does). Although the main lighter i use is a $2.00 bic/bottle opener amalgamation i bought at a Daughters show.

I know you're asking for suggestions other than Zippos, but I have a titanium Zippo that shares the personalized aesthetic of denim and leather. From the manufacturer's description:

"Made of Grade One commercially pure solid titanium. Shot blasting the case with a fine aluminum oxide media produces a rough, rugged texture. Natural oils from using and handling the lighter will create color variations in the finish, giving each lighter a distinctive look."

Guest Airjamie
I know you're asking for suggestions other than Zippos, but I have a titanium Zippo that shares the personalized aesthetic of denim and leather. From the manufacturer's description:

"Made of Grade One commercially pure solid titanium. Shot blasting the case with a fine aluminum oxide media produces a rough, rugged texture. Natural oils from using and handling the lighter will create color variations in the finish, giving each lighter a distinctive look."

Is that the millennium one?

I always lose my lighters or they get stolen somehow so I prefer Bics. Zippos are cool as hell but they suck for lighting bongs, lol.

yeah, people steal my lighter all the time so there's no way i'd spend more than a dollar for a lighter. my sister has a insanely nice titanium butane lighter that is suppose to light up under 100 miles an hour wind. if you have the chance, check out the selection at your local outdoor shop, not as classic as Zippo, but they have some really nice lighters.

yeah i just lost my zippo somewhere in my house

i bought a zippo, a week later lost it in my house, then found it under a chair in my basement (that i looked under at least 5 times) 2 months later. lame.

i only use bics, and sometimes my zippo but its out of fluid right now. cant justify a more expensive lighter cuz i lose them way too much.

• 1 year later...

i prefer matches with my cigars

its probably worth it to invest a nice pair of scissor cutters though...most cutters don't cut it especially with thicker ring gauge smokes. however lately i've taken a fondness to doin it clint eastwood style, where i just bite the tip off...

you mean black and milds? Nah i don't smoke those any more...i smoked those throughout senior year of college to delude myself that i had "quit" smoking when in reality i was goin through like a pack of those and 2 stogies a day.

came back home got my first job and just said fuck it im back on cigarettes. i sleep much better nowadays.