Random Thoughts...

fade to black2

jeepster's posts in the freestyle thread make me think of this one episode of Made that I saw, where this scrawny jewish kid desperately wanted to be a rapper.

It's kind of funny

ahahahaha

wow, reminding me of that made so many connections that i wouldn't have made myself.

when i do it usually think of beastie boys more, but i guess you're right seraphim.

and yes, i am a jewish kid. but definitely not scrawny. too tall for scrawny. just skinny.

haha, i got no beef right now. it was really between me and robi anyways.

honestly, i don't even remember exactly what the "beef" was about. i vaguely remember the "quitessential new york look" shit . i don't care and i've got no prob with you, but i hate crminsky and his clothes. by your theory, i must hate the "quitessential new york look."

honestly, i don't even remember exactly what the "beef" was about. i vaguely remember the "quitessential new york look" shit . i don't care and i've got no prob with you, but i hate crminsky and his clothes. by your theory, i must hate the "quitessential new york look."

hah, well, thats not exactly it. but whatever, pasts past.

where do you go to school?

gimmegimme vbmenu_register("postmenu_661711", true);

superjunkie

reputation_pos.gifreputation_pos.gifreputation_pos.gifreputation_pos.gifreputation_pos.gifreputation_highpos.gif

Homophobic Comments

On a serious note - I've noticed a recent (but definitely not new) slew of homophobic comments across this board. I'd like to remind everyone that using the word "gay" as a derogatory expression is an offensive and unacceptable action in civilized society. I realize that most comments aren't directly intended as homophobic comments, but rather as slang, or used jokingly, but that doesn't mean it should be accepted. There are presumalby a percentage of members on this board that are gay, and it is offensive and immature to use someone's sexuality in a condescending nature.

I doubt I need to remind anyone that this is primarily a FASHION forum where you come to look specifically at how other people dress...using homophobic comments only makes you look ignorant, and often as someone who has yet to come to terms with their own sexuality.

You rarely see racist or anti-semmetic comments on this board before a moderator comes along and locks the thread or deletes the post, but the gay jokes seem to be accepted as normal practice, even though it clearly states in the Supertalk Rules that this type of discussion won't be tolerated.

I like to joke around and be sarcastic as much as everyone else, but there's a line where things stop being funny. If this continues, a lot of us who take the time to answer questions, make recommendations, and enlighten the board with information will be looking elsewhere to contribute our insight and opinions.

I'm sure this thread will cause sparks to fly, and possibly even be locked itself, but its something that needs to be said (actually, repeated). Use judgement and think before you type.

6gbqrd5.jpg