Random Thoughts...

fade to black2

I hope Clopek is ready to face the reality that once in the door, most major corporations will keep that chick on for 60k+ plus a year for doing nothing just so she doesn't get litigious and so the local manager can save face. Then she's gonna slowly fail upwards in promotion after promotion just because she's been there so long and has seniority. Maybe things work differently in Canada though so I dunno.

i think he's in canada, so the argument won't hold up i feel. unless canadians are as fat as americans...although i doubt it.

i think we're somewhere in the neighbourhood of the 3rd fattest country, so yea...it'd hold up.

I hope Clopek is ready to face the reality that once in the door, most major corporations will keep that chick on for 60k+ plus a year for doing nothing just so she doesn't get litigious and so the local manager can save face. Then she's gonna slowly fail upwards in promotion after promotion just because she's been there so long and has seniority.

Maybe things work differently in Canada though so I dunno.

See, this girl seems like an idiot, so I feel she'll stagnate more based on lack of merit than on any kind of racial or gender prejudice. At my office the entire management staff, consisting of directors and vice presidents, were women.

I'm casting my short film tomorrow and I have thirty people confirmed for auditions, and fifteen who 'might make it' with only two possible roles..

You'll need that many. I was at the castings for a short film I scripted and we barely managed to scrape a cast of 5 (2 leads; 3 minor) out of about that many.

Seeing your story realized is amazing though. Just wrapped on the above film. Some of the stills:

tumblrkzhtz0rbys1qaqa8q.png

tumblrkznzqkkecb1qaqa8q.jpgtumblrkzhu29qsy01qaqa8q.png

when i first came here the fits on waywt used to inspire me but now it's gotten so lame and pedestrian, i can't bare to look anymore. there are some bright spots, but generally it's bad fit after bad fit without doing much to take style cues from the dope new trends of today without sacrificing class. many of my favorite posters no longer even post fits anymore, i has sadness. i'm not even sure if i've expressed what i want tosay as clearly as i would like to, and if you get offended, fuck you in advance

i feel like that little kid who waits for his father to come through the front door on his birthday and it never happens, what has happened to you sufu?

when i first came here the fits on waywt used to inspire me but now it's gotten so lame and pedestrian, i can't bare to look anymore. there are some bright spots, but generally it's bad fit after bad fit without doing much to take style cues from the dope new trends of today without sacrificing class. many of my favorite posters no longer even post fits anymore, i has sadness. i'm not even sure if i've expressed what i want tosay as clearly as i would like to, and if you get offended, fuck you in advance

i feel like that little kid who waits for his father to come through the front door on his birthday and it never happens, what has happened to you sufu?

yeah, it's a bit of a downer. it's changed, and not for the best.

so you guys are just going to complain and not contribute to improve the situation? how abotu a happy 'fuck you too'? :rolleyes:

There's this girl in my political economy class, who I'm pretty convinced thinks it's still 1980. She was talking shit about how she's going to be a banker, and how she's a coloured woman (I thought she was white to be honest) and so she's gonna face all sorts of workplace harassment, and if she opens her mouth about it she'll be branded a "troublemaker".

She told me (someone who has worked at a bank for the past 5 years) that I didn't really know what I was talking about when I told her that's probably not the case.

She's also about 150 pounds overweight, and strikes me as the type to say that she's comfortable looking like a "real woman", despite being actually unhealthy as fuck.

THE NECK IS A BANKER?

so you guys are just going to complain and not contribute to improve the situation? how abotu a happy 'fuck you too'? :rolleyes:

honestly it's come to a point where it less about the contributor as it is the actual changing of the guard, these days posters are posting solely on the chance that their created online persona explodes into internet fame. granted it has happened for few but what is really the aim, to grow or to become something you know and we know you're not? so if we contribute to satisfy your discontent it still really wouldn't defeat the problem. it's more of problem with people's intent/attitude more than the aesthetic pollution.

meh, i've probably been rambling for too long

maybe jmatsu will come back to verbally beat offenders back into the depths from which they spawned

that would be great. damn shame mods don't think he contributed to the site, because most of his posts were really informative, especially in the superculture and japan threads. oh well, r.i.p. jmatsu.

p.s. and djrajio too.

there certainly is a huge disconnect between what gets posted in superfashion and what gets posted in waywt. it's not like they were ever mistaken for one another a few years ago either, but it feels like the gap has widened. sufu's always had a wide range of looks but in the past year it seems the variety has taken a back seat to an influx of lumberjacks.

It's hard to really shred mediocrity though.

And it's no secret that I think famous is a d-bag, but he literally posts the same fucking outfit 5 times a week (less so lately) - and somehow gives new posters the impression that people give a flying fuck that you wear a supreme tee, jeans, and vans every day of the week. I wear the same thing almost every day - but I don't fucking post it.

edit - he's not the only offender...just the worst among many, some of whom I like as personas but . . .man. post new shit!

shes so much more badass than her midget husband thats all i know :D . oh an she's italian, ask junglejane. (wtf am i writng haha).

i'll be honest. my steeze isn't worth postin'. may be a cop out, but i don't have enough money to pursue the aesthetic i'd like. wouldn't want to post something i'm not completely satisfied with.

meh, not sure if buy that, i don't really subscribe to the "i can't afford to be steezy" idea. make what you got work [insert jj fierce gif]

meh, not sure if buy that, i don't really subscribe to the "i can't afford to be steezy" idea. make what you got work [insert jj fierce gif]

maybe, but my outfits don't change much, and how many times do you want to see uniqlo pieces. plus with $170,000 impending debt and no income at the moment, i literally cannot afford to be steezy. lucky to have clothing concept, haha.

i'll be honest. my steeze isn't worth postin'. may be a cop out, but i don't have enough money to pursue the aesthetic i'd like. wouldn't want to post something i'm not completely satisfied with.

You don't have to be a baller to have style. Most of the people I know who "have money" can't dress for shit.

The most expensive thing I wear, are my Flat Heads, only because I enjoy quality blue jeans.

Most of my shirts don't cost more than $20, and whatever else I get/wear, is from ebay.

Money doesnt = Aesthetic.

If you try to emulate a person on here, then yea... It'll most likely cost you.

But if you are trying to emulate an era/life style, it's not that hard to do.

You don't have to be a baller to have style. Most of the people I know who "have money" can't dress for shit.

The most expensive thing I wear, are my Flat Heads, only because I enjoy quality blue jeans.

Most of my shirts don't cost more than $20, and whatever else I get/wear, is from ebay.

Money doesnt = Aesthetic.

If you try to emulate a person on here, then yea... It'll most likely cost you.

But if you are trying to emulate an era/life style, it's not that hard to do.

i agree, money definitely doesn't guarantee someone has style, but it doesn't hurt if you've got both. who knows, maybe i'll post a fit pic soon. when it's mediocre though, don't say i didn't warn you, haha;)