Apple iPhone

artificialsky

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone elses safari crash randomly and send you back to the home menu sometimes?

yeah, was crashing all the time for me yesterday, like every 2 minutes.. I restarted the phone (held down the sleep button until it gives you the restart option) and it works fine now.. Must be a memory leak or something. Maybe the new firmware fixes it? I'll never know, since I can't upgrade my unlocked phone!

yeah, was crashing all the time for me yesterday, like every 2 minutes.. I restarted the phone (held down the sleep button until it gives you the restart option) and it works fine now.. Must be a memory leak or something. Maybe the new firmware fixes it? I'll never know, since I can't upgrade my unlocked phone!

you should have waited, i think its germany that will be getting a tmobile version of the iphone. and its 3G. proxy order that bitch and no need to unlock shit. (thats if your with tmobile)

• 2 weeks later...

so i caved in and fucking hate bought one the other day cuz i got lost in LA trying to get to the mister freedom store in traffic hour. fuck it when a larger gig size iphone comes out i'll hate buy it the day it comes out and give this one away tomy lil bro or someone else.

what kind of web apps you guys got? the GPS app is sweet as hell.

• 1 month later...

Apple to Unveil Faster iPhone, AT&T's Stephenson Says (Update2)

By Crayton Harrison

Nov. 28 (Bloomberg) -- Apple Inc. will introduce a version of the iPhone next year that can download from the Internet at a faster rate, AT&T Inc. Chief Executive Officer Randall Stephenson said.

The device will operate on third-generation wireless networks, Stephenson said today at a meeting of the Churchill Club in Santa Clara, California. San Antonio-based AT&T is the exclusive carrier for the iPhone in the U.S.

``You'll have it next year,'' Stephenson said in response to a question about when the 3G iPhone would debut. He said he didn't know how much more the new version will cost than the existing model, which sells for $399. Apple Chief Executive Officer Steve Jobs ``will dictate what the price of the phone is,'' he said.

anyone know canada's release?

i heard some shit about only rogers being able to release them but rogers wants to make their own music store to compete with iTunes so theres some big controversy.

Also, i wanted to buy an unlocked one and just put my rogers sim in it... but a friend told me if you do this then plug it into your computer to update etc, it zaps the phone.

True?

anyone know canada's release?

i heard some shit about only rogers being able to release them but rogers wants to make their own music store to compete with iTunes so theres some big controversy.

Also, i wanted to buy an unlocked one and just put my rogers sim in it... but a friend told me if you do this then plug it into your computer to update etc, it zaps the phone.

True?

the reason why we haven't gotten the phones yet is cause Rogers would have to give a similar prices for the plan as AT&T and as you might know, because of complete lack of competition, canadian plans for smartphone are probably the most expensive in the world. i mean, a 60 $ blackberry plan from Rogers give you less minutes than the AT&T iphone plan and a MEAGER 4 mb of data. seriously, we're out of the stone age, what the fuck can you do with 4 mb of data every month...

then people wonder why our wireless technologies is years if not decades behind other countries, stupid country witth no competition and fucking protectionnist rules protecting our useless telecoms...

anyway, Rogers could have brought the iphone as early as september, but now with all the complains canadian retaillers are getting for overcharging us compare to what americans are paying, they decided to hold off a little in order to be able to continue overcharging us for as long as possible and to negociate a better deal with apple. i have heard the phone will be coming out next month and might actually be carried by Fido, same crap but anyway, we'll see.

of course you could buy an unlocked phone and use it with a Rogers or Fido sim card, but like i said earlier, with the prices they are charging for data plans, i would not recommend this.

• 7 months later...
the fuckin geeks dumb enough to wait in lines for hours, who cares

haha yeah, when i heard that people were lining up last night to get one today for $199, i thought, who really gives that much of a shit about a cell phone that obviously won't be in short supply?