Apple iPhone

artificialsky

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was safari beta, not "beta"... most of the issues were fixed within that week, I would say that's a quick response. But whatever, this is about iPhone not Safari for Windows.

clearly, someone made a comment that was incorrect about beta "always being great" or something, which is totally untrue. and i'm talking about an intel mac.

played with this thing at the store. i was almost certain to purchasing it online, but decided to play with the thing. and i am glad that i did.

the screen is amazing, and the pictures from the camera turned out really nice. but overall this thing is the sucks.

that keypad is awful. that alone is a total deal breaker for me. i could care less about all the technology, software, and blah blah blah behind this thing. I CAN'T TYPE. This thing could have a time traveling function, and I would still have to think twice.

i also went to the store and messed around with it. the virtual keyboard is a deal breaker for me also. I just got a blackberry pearl and even with its weird keyboard I automatically found it way easier to navigate than the iphone one.

I think whats realy cool is that hte iphone is basically an indication of what we can expect from the next ipod.

i also went to the store and messed around with it. the virtual keyboard is a deal breaker for me also. I just got a blackberry pearl and even with its weird keyboard I automatically found it way easier to navigate than the iphone one.

I think you should expect that it takes a different approach to type on this keyboard, from what I've heard you're supposed to just pummel through the words instead of correcting and trying to hit the keys correctly and the correction systems inside it will take care of it. I haven't heard a single bad thing about the keyboard from friends who own one, even though they said they had to change their typing habits... but now they're much faster on it.

that keypad is awful. that alone is a total deal breaker for me. i could care less about all the technology, software, and blah blah blah behind this thing. I CAN'T TYPE.

Checked one out at the store too. Pretty fuckin slick. I'm gonna hold off a while on getting one, but I'm pretty sure it will end up in my pocket before the end of the year.

As for the keyboard, I could hit 25-30wpm after using it for 10 minutes, which is much better than I can do with T9 phones. I imagine after a couple weeks, I could probably approach blackberry speed. I dunno, maybe your fingers are retarded.

I think you should expect that it takes a different approach to type on this keyboard, from what I've heard you're supposed to just pummel through the words instead of correcting and trying to hit the keys correctly and the correction systems inside it will take care of it. I haven't heard a single bad thing about the keyboard from friends who own one, even though they said they had to change their typing habits... but now they're much faster on it.

Correct. I have the iPhone and I can say first hand that it's much easier to just let the keyboard do all the work for you. I can now type a lot faster on my iPhone than any handheld device I've ever used. It's just a steep learning curve, it's unfortunate that so many people blow it off for that. I mean, could you really type as fast as you can now when you first got on a computer? Or even on your blackberry? I'm pretty sure the answer is a unanimous no. For everything that the iPhone does, I would be more than happy to sacrifice a little typing speed. Luckily, that's not a problem for me.

^^^ man you make me feel like a dummy....well the keyboard was my main reason for not copping the iphone,.... i have to agree with axt on the prev. page... other products like the iphone are going to become so common place i don't really feel like copping the one that started it all yet when my phone is just fine

if you listen to This Week In Tech podcast (Twit) then on june 3rd they did an all iphone review. they said the connection on the ipone is strong and clarity is great. One of the guys was doing the show talking through his iphone and the sound quality was prety damn good that one would not know until he said he was using his iphone. then the twitter guys told him to put the phone in speaker phone and damn was it the best sounding speaker phone i've ever heard. Then they told him to use the ear piece to talk through and the clarity of the phone got even BETTER.

im just going to wait until january for the 2nd i phone. its suppose to be a little smaller and thinner and also a 3G phone. 16 gigs?

name your source. as far as i know iphone g2 has no definite release day, let alone new feature set.

i heard this on the cnet podcast and TWIT podcast. they said the next i phone is suppose to be out in jan. and they both said that there is supose to be a 3g version comming out for certain. they didnt give a specific date. i dont know if this jan release will be the 3G version or if the 3G version is only for europeans.

i heard this on the cnet podcast and TWIT podcast. they said the next i phone is suppose to be out in jan. and they both said that there is supose to be a 3g version comming out for certain. they didnt give a specific date. i dont know if this jan release will be the 3G version or if the 3G version is only for europeans.

I would assume it's just based on rumors that are floating around. I think it just makes sense that it would be 3g, and macworld is in january so that's why they think that's a release date. We'll see...

if its 3g for europeans only that would suck. U.S is already way behind in the mobile phone industry and for apple not to make 3G available in the next U.S iphone version is just back tracking.

seems like cingular wireless employees are still on edge from the onsalught of the iphone. i passed by one of the local cingular shops and the guy was being defensive about questions about iphone. they dont even have a demo on the floor. i havent even had a chance to play around with it yet..

I'm posting from an iPhone right now and the auto correct feature is quite amazing. I'm just plowing through words and butchering half of them, yet somehow it's all coming out correctly.

A lot of the features are real sharp and the screen is unreal. In prson the display looks fake as hell. It's one helluva toy... can't vouch for the phone features yet though the UI is solid.

I'm posting from an iPhone right now and the auto correct feature is quite amazing. I'm just plowing through words and butchering half of them, yet somehow it's all coming out correctly.

A lot of the features are real sharp and the screen is unreal. In prson the display looks fake as hell. It's one helluva toy... can't vouch for the phone features yet though the UI is solid.

did you end up getting one??

the phone features are really nice. simple, and exactly what you need, which is what id expect from apple. im waiting for the ichat update that supposedly is supposed to come befor leopard.

Demitra got one.. It's really cool and the display and GUI are both amazing...

I'm not getting one because of three reasons..

1. you can't send MMS messages

2. you can't send a text message to multiple people at once

3. you can't (yet) set an mp3 as your ring tone

i've had the same ring tone for three or four years, i'm not about to change it.

• 2 weeks later...
Apple announce that they sold 270,000 iPhones in the first two days. Who smelled a Zune? :D

In addition to first weekend iPhone sales, Apple also announced Wednesday that third quarter profits rose 73 percent to $818 million :eek:

yeah, but they based success on the activation, not the sale of the iphone. thus why it fucking dropped 8 points yesterday, grr..