Please Help Date These Levis?

generic_guy

Just wondering if anyone could tell me when these Levis are from?

Got them very cheap off eBay a while back but just dug them out again tonight, had forgotten they're selvage.

They're small e, no hidden rivets on back pockets, back of the waist button has a "6" on it, white selvage. Nothing on the inside on the pockets but a small label with "sf207 Hot Wash, normal cycle. Color will bleed. Wash and tumble alone. Waist and inseam will shrink approx 8%". On the other side it says "252 11 501 1 9 6"

dsc4446eu4.th.jpg

dsc4440ov6.th.jpg

dsc4441km2.th.jpg

dsc4445ni3.th.jpg

Apologies for the poor pictures, any ideas? I have a feeling they were described as 80s but could be Thai fakes for all I know. Thanks for any help.

no - The top 2 lines (rows) of stitching along the top of the pocket on outside (pic 2)

========= <--- This part

| |

| pocket |

\_________/

Part where your hand goes in, flip it over and see if there is a single stitch on both threads or if it is chain stitched with several layers of thread. chainstitch is newer

Generic. I have a pair like that- $11.51 on eBay a month ago- nobody seems to care about little e redlines. I think the single digit buttons are earlier seventies. Check the stiching on the top rows of stiching on the insides of the back pockets. I like my pair a lot- they fit perfect, an after 30+ years, they are still tougher than the POS jeans that Levi's passes off as 501s these days...

Little e redlines still fetch a premium on Ebay, as long as they are described properly and have a good fade/size. Small (30 or less) or Large (+40) can be had cheap.

To me looking at the pictures those are double stitch redlines #6 Button, which advertised like that on Ebay and a good size could fetch 50-60USD