what are you watching today?

red

Guest jmatsu
i knew it would suck, and i hated the original john woo material, but when i saw the first scene where they're in the snow i thought it would be AWESOME. and it wasn't.

same here. i thought it was gonna at least be decent. shiit just made me mad. goddamn peice of shit.

taxi-driver-taxi-driver-9904613.jpg

I'm watching Taxi Driver cos it's on TV and I have seen it countless times but I was reminded of the first time I saw it about age 11 my parents when out leaving a video copy and specifically said not to watch it which of course I did. i sometimes get that little illicit thrill when I see it now.

^Mass, is that Yakuza Papers? The guy at the top looks just like Bunta Sugawara.

Just watched:

flashpoint1.jpg

Loved it. Donnie Yen was concerned about real-world advanced in fighting with the advent of MMA, so he has been steadily incorporating more of it into his movies. Lacks the stylistic flourishes or transcendence of John Woo or Johnnie To movies, but filled with tons of knuckle-biting moments.