what are you watching today?

red

i heard the soundtrack was lame.

gonna watch it this weekend. what up with that one robinson crusoe-like comic in the comic? was that in the movie?

I don't know that lame is the right word. Some alright tracks in there but some seem ill-fitting, like maybe Snyder was trying too hard? Various covers/alternate versions of well-known songs (that were originally decent) for the most part.

The comic within the comic is removed entirely. There is only one scene towards the end that features the news vendor and the black kid who reads the comic. Not really a scene, they just appear on screen for a few seconds.

god i hated this movie. no matter how hard I tried, I hated it. I've even read Philip K Dick, still hated it.

Waking life was a much better example of rotoscope animation

Wouldn't say I hated it, but the rotoscoping does not really enhance the film in any way (imo). However, I loved the book! Glad I read it before I saw the film because a lot of the imagery I had in my head was more grimey than the fairly clean look of the film.

Best scene from the book, the argument about the "missing" bike gears. Had me laughing pretty hard. I've had some similarly scattered conversations myself :)