what are you watching today?

red

i found 21grams kinda boring too. babel was a fine movie, it's long but you don't look at your watch all the time during it. but amores perros was way better, close from the masterpiece status.

Guest chemi

this is silly but i was watching season 3 of the wire and i loved the standoff between brotha mouzone and omar in the alley, real reminiscent of a western shootout. and yes in fact, david simon and the directors do take queus from old westerners so i've pretty much been watching these all day:

MV5BMTMyNTI4NTUyOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzU1NjQyMQ@@._V1._SY400_SX600_.jpg

MV5BMjE2MzE5MTE5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODI4ODUyMQ@@._V1._SY400_SX600_.jpg

MV5BMjAzNjQ3MzgzNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTg0MzMzMQ@@._V1._SY400_SX600_.jpg

yeah i know but they call it a trilogy because all three movies are similar in their style. i've been wanting to see 21 grams for so long. still haven't got around to it.

its long

and

boring

like alot

of interlocking story movies

its chill though

:)

i found 21grams kinda boring too. babel was a fine movie, it's long but you don't look at your watch all the time during it. but amores perros was way better, close from the masterpiece status.

Have you seen The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada? It's written by Guillermo Arriaga, who wrote Amores Perros, 21 Grams, and Babel, and directed by Tommy Lee Jones. I have seen only Amores Perros but thought Three Burials by far the superior film.

Arriaga said in an interview that he wrote the script specifically with Tommy Lee Jones in mind; because it was to be Jones's directorial debut, Arriaga streamlined the script and made it more straightforward than his other efforts. His other scripts are much more chaotic and complex becase Iñárritu is such a technically accomplished director. By taking a step back for Jones's sake, Arriaga wrote a minor masterpiece.

Have you seen The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada? It's written by Guillermo Arriaga, who wrote Amores Perros, 21 Grams, and Babel, and directed by Tommy Lee Jones. I have seen only Amores Perros but thought Three Burials by far the superior film.

Arriaga said in an interview that he wrote the script specifically with Tommy Lee Jones in mind; because it was to be Jones's directorial debut, Arriaga streamlined the script and made it more straightforward than his other efforts. His other scripts are much more chaotic and complex becase Iñárritu is such a technically accomplished director. By taking a step back for Jones's sake, Arriaga wrote a minor masterpiece.

I haven't, yet. Thanks for reminding me to watch it, i have it on a cd I think. I forsook it when I was on the period where I was deceived by Tommy Lee Jones and completly forgot about it. I only heard good thing about it though.

I haven't, yet. Thanks for reminding me to watch it, i have it on a cd I think. I forsook it when I was on the period where I was deceived by Tommy Lee Jones and completly forgot about it. I only heard good thing about it though.

Tommy Lee Jones is the type of actor who makes The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada and No Country for Old Men and but around the same time frame also does Man of the House. Go figure.

And in whatever film he plays in, even if he's not a Texas Policemen, for example in Heaven and Earth, he looks like a Texas Policemen or you are waiting for him to be dressed as it.

And in whatever film he plays in, even if he's not a Texas Policemen, for example in Heaven and Earth, he looks like a Texas Policemen or you are waiting for him to be dressed as it.

Ha--completely tangential, but my dad's friend and some of my dad's other classmates were in that movie. (My father was a South Vietnamese military officer.)

Tommy Lee Jones is the type of actor who makes The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada and No Country for Old Men and but around the same time frame also does Man of the House. Go figure.

Haha, this movie rules.

Tommy Lee Jones has that kind of voice that in my nightmares is reading out loud my report card where I got straight Fs.

Haha, this movie rules.

Tommy Lee Jones has that kind of voice that in my nightmares is reading out loud my report card where I got straight Fs.

Did you know that there are different voice settings for GPSes? Like American Female 1, American Female 2, British Male 1, etc. We got a GPS for my parents and we were trying to set a cockney voice, but no dice. (We ended up settling on a American Female 1; we wanted to put it on British Male 2 but were afraid that our parents wouldn't be able to understand the GPS at a crucial moment and it would result in something straight out of Judgment Night.)

They should stop sending out paper report cards and should send out instead stream your grades through Real Audio. If your grades are really poor, they could have Tommy Lee Jones real them aloud in a sonorous, melancholy voice filled with disappointment and the weariness that comes with living long years in the unforgiving West Texas desert. If you do well, your grades would be read by James Earl Jones or Jeremy Irons or perhaps Alec Guiness in a diginified voice nearly (but not quite, as accomplish should always be greeted with understated approval) bursting with pride. Maybe every 100th report would read by Dame Edna, just because.

Guest jmatsu
Just finished Oldboy for the second time.

Fuck I love that movie.

okay! killer! thanks dude!

when you finish it the 3rd or 4th or 5th or even the 6th time, make sure to post and let us know! thanks again!

boondok saints

hell yea

No.

Watched...

fear_and_loathing_in_las_vegas.jpg

I like Terry Gilliam, but I was a bit underwhelmed as it doesn't even begin to approach Thompson's political and satirical content. Also, I'm not really a fan of Johnny Depp, and I don't think the book should have ever been made into a film in the first place.

Guest jmatsu
you do know this is "what are you watching today?"

if i fucking watch it again maybe i WILL let you know jmatsu.

LiberationFrequency vbmenu_register("postmenu_1002155", true);

semibored

reputation_neg.gif

you could use this same sorry excuse if you were to post a shitty or irrelavant fit in waywt.

let me know when you watch it again, and maybe if i like your tone, i'll reverse rep you.