what are you watching today?

red

porcorosso_01.jpg

Loved this!

This and Nausicaa are probably my favourite Miyazaki films.

iamcurious.jpg

What did you think? I tried to watch those once and couldn't really get into 'em. Didn't give it much of a shot though.

One viewing wasn't enough for me, probably will watch it through once more.

I guess I can relate to you - I felt the nature and social/cultural/political context of the film was not very relevant unless one happened to be a Swede, or one living in those times(?) not very sure what the newer generation of Swedes feel about this. It did feel abit alienating at some points. Was watching it also for my language studies.

What I found interesting: the blurred line of the 'documentary' technique of 'filming a film being filmed', and the director's presence as an active actor.

mass did you like this? it is easier to appreciate if you read the comics.

i thought it was very solid, and entertaining enough. not something i would watch again, but i understand what you mean. also the styling was really dope even if that's how they really dress(?).

i thought it was very solid, and entertaining enough. not something i would watch again, but i understand what you mean. also the styling was really dope even if that's how they really dress(?).

WhatMs the movie?

I'm watching Heimat (german tv series) and my last movie viewing was "Dans Paris" (In Paris). Will watch before sunrise/sunset soon cause I've never seen them.

Guest jmatsu

that is how some students really dress.

Guest jmatsu
WhatMs the movie?

I'm watching Heimat (german tv series) and my last movie viewing was "Dans Paris" (In Paris). Will watch before sunrise/sunset soon cause I've never seen them.

i don't really know why or am too lazy to explain, but i liked dans paris...

what is durkis's ethnic make? does he got some moorish blood in him? the afro-like hair looked natural. his ancestor b darkie or some shit?!?

AFAIK he's fully french; Duris is definitely an old french name and you don't name your son Romain if you don't wear a beret. Maybe some atavistic characteristic resurfaced, lots of Spanish and Italian blood in France...Maybe there's some pied noir ancestors somewhere down the lines, they're like the people who used to live in Indochine; if they got some asian characteristics you know some bitch didn't honour the sacred bond of marriage a few generations ago.

The same guy did a new movie that is pretty good too (les chansons d'amour: love songs). No Duris but Louis Garrel is in it and Ludivine Sagnier.

I didn't really liked "dans paris", but maybe because i saw duris' best movies and this one is i think a bit at a lower level. I know lots of people who have this sorta hair. This must be something not really uncommun :D